• Announcements

• r0naLd222

Looking for GFX Peepz!   10/18/2016

Karaholic needs GFX (Graphic Artists). If you are interested, please message me or @flamestalker , @Yongery or @Lupang
    • flamestalker

[NEW] Member Solo Activities Subforums!   03/11/2017

Hey Karaholic! Since all of the members are now with different agencies, we thought it'd be appropriate to create new subforums so members can stay in touch with their activities. Please try to post here from now on with future updates and events.  Here are the new subforums we've created:
      Park Gyuri: http://www.karaholic.com/forums/index.php?/forum/158-park-gyuri-solo-activities-motion-media/
      Han Seungyeon: http://www.karaholic.com/forums/index.php?/forum/159-han-seungyeon-solo-activities-jwide/
      Goo Hara: http://www.karaholic.com/forums/index.php?/forum/157-goo-hara-solo-activities-keyeast/
      Jung Nicole: http://www.karaholic.com/forums/index.php?/forum/160-jung-nicole-solo-activities-b2m/
      Kang Jiyoung: http://www.karaholic.com/forums/index.php?/forum/161-kang-jiyoung-solo-activities-sweetpower/ For Youngji, we've opted to leave the forum as is as she is still with DSP Media.  Thanks for your attention, hope you continue to drop by and visit.. new members and old! 

-KH Staff
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Haemi-mancer

[2011.09.21] KARA's Japanese Songs Sells 3.7 Million Copies, Claims Highest Among Korean Artist

60 posts in this topic

KARA has become the highest selling Korean artist in Japan's digital download market.

Based on RIAJ's September report, KARA with four songs-- "Mr.", "Jumping", "JCL", "GGS"-- has set a record of 3.7 million downloads. This includes both ringtones and digital singles.

KARA's debut song "Mr." has the most downloads at 1.75 million. Next is "Jumping" with 1.25 million downloads. As for the songs that were released this year, "JCL" and "GGS" both achieved 350,000 downloads.

KARA is undoubtedly the most downloaded Korean artist. Even compared with Japanese artists, they are near the forefront. Every single that KARA has released has gotten more than 100,000 downloads in the first week. In the digital download market, they are alone at the top. This is the perfect example of successfully "having one's cake and eating it."

Translator: Karabunga HamtaSY

cr: karachina

amazing!!!!million of downloads for mister and jumping is just pure awesome!!!

well done KARA!! well done Kamilias!! :thumbup:

Edited by karabutts

really like this statement, "they are alone at the top". it's official now!

thanks for taking the time to share!

YEAH ! thats KARA! .... so proud to be kamilia ^^ Step it up ~~~ Step it up ~~~~ :thumbup:

Mister & Jumping reached 1M+ ?? wow!! :thumbup:

Mister of course #1.. (not just for being the "oldest" but also for being epic along with the butt-dance :rolleyes: )

JCL & GGS are the "youngest" ones, but they'll follow up..

Can't wait for Winter Magic to be added on that list!! ;)

KARA is undoubtedly the most downloaded Korean artist. Even compared with Japanese artists, they are near the forefront.

In the digital download market, they are alone at the top.

that's my girls <3

keep on going girls, we always support you!

i hope many ppl read this news :P

WOW it's reached that high already? & this means the highest of them all?

They beat TVXQ & BoA in Japan OMG this is totally AMAZING! & I bet Winter Magic will be another huge success :thumbup:

Wow...all their JAp singles goes platinum right by now..Congrats Girls..Proud to be a KAMILIA ..DAebak.. :thumbup: So let this be an eye opener to some people.:) hehe....

yay congrats to the girls!!

So happy that they are doing well in Japan.

TBH I hope they stay in Japan for a while. Meaning live there and just properly learn the language and appear on more music/variety shows. If they do that then their Japanese will improve greatly and gain more acceptance from the japanese audience.

WOOOOW thats amaaazing :eyelove:

sooo proud of the girls and proud to be a kamilia :thumbup1:<3

love my girls for ever <3 <3

thanks Karabunga HamtaSY for translating, and KH for sharing you guys are jjang :thumbup:

Edited by diske

what a great achievement

i am so happy for the girls

yay

even happier when i saw that step manage to get no 1 in uta chaku recochoku daily chart

amazing

the power of kara

it's really amazing..

congratulation to KARA.. they really make it.. :thumbup:

I'm really happy for them.. :)

Mister 's definitely the best song of KARA, along with their best dance - butt dance LOL

KARA 's succes was awesome. In only 1 year they can break the record exist in 11 years of BoA. That 's mean a lot to KARA and Kamilias :)

Other kpop artists can come into the charts, but we all know Japan has a soft spot for KARA...

They speak Japanese the best among girl groups, have very unique, sweet and humble personalities, no wonder Japan loves them <3

OMG this is like one of their biggest achievements ! :crying:

Congratulations girls !!!! :thumbup:

I know you guys would have more in the future :eyelove:

alright KARA, enjoy being a top alone. Wow just four songs, and they have tremously succeed. They are the most successful korean girl group in japan. They have defintely hit something big in japan, it true everything of KARA has manage to hit 100,000, where else can you go beside up. I don't know how KARA can go up from here, since they already done so much. I feel like if KARA had more time in Japan, the girls would eventually be the queen of kpop in japan. They would have as much succeed in japan as dbsk, if they have more time.

KARA will soon be the Digital Queens in Japan <3 I'm really happy for them.

And with Winter Magic, KARA will sell 4mil digital downloads really soon~ :D Can't wait for them to reach that milestone:)

Haha...not even surprised..

I know kara ca do it..They're AMAZING!!

finally! finally! finally!

congrats KARA! :thumbup1:

and J-kamilias too.. they did a great job! :thumbup:

i hope KARA will set the record very high so that nobody can break their records.. :tongue:

fighting KARA! fighting KAMILIAS!

Wow! This is so daebak!!

They're surely making it huge in Japan..

But I don't quite catch what the "eating one's cake" saying means :D :D

wow....from this statistics...ITS OBVIOUS JAPAN WANTS SEXY KARA than cute XD....about 2/3 or thier fans must be male hehehe ^-^

It just confirms KARA is getting higher and higher in Japan's firmament of stars.

"Having your cake and eat too" can mean "Getting the best of both worlds" or "Enjoing the fruits of one's labors"

Which fits KARA to a tee. Lol.

Congratulation to KARA.

They are doing so great in Japan.

Proud to be a kamilia en we will support you till forever.