[2011.09.21] KARA's Japanese Songs Sells 3.7 Million Copies, Claims Highest Among Korean Artist

Haemi-mancer

KARA has become the highest selling Korean artist in Japan's digital download market.

Based on RIAJ's September report, KARA with four songs-- "Mr.", "Jumping", "JCL", "GGS"-- has set a record of 3.7 million downloads. This includes both ringtones and digital singles.

KARA's debut song "Mr." has the most downloads at 1.75 million. Next is "Jumping" with 1.25 million downloads. As for the songs that were released this year, "JCL" and "GGS" both achieved 350,000 downloads.

KARA is undoubtedly the most downloaded Korean artist. Even compared with Japanese artists, they are near the forefront. Every single that KARA has released has gotten more than 100,000 downloads in the first week. In the digital download market, they are alone at the top. This is the perfect example of successfully "having one's cake and eating it."

Translator: Karabunga HamtaSY

cr: karachina

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mister & Jumping reached 1M+ ?? wow!! :thumbup:

Mister of course #1.. (not just for being the "oldest" but also for being epic along with the butt-dance :rolleyes: )

JCL & GGS are the "youngest" ones, but they'll follow up..

Can't wait for Winter Magic to be added on that list!! ;)

KARA is undoubtedly the most downloaded Korean artist. Even compared with Japanese artists, they are near the forefront.

In the digital download market, they are alone at the top.

yay congrats to the girls!!

So happy that they are doing well in Japan.

TBH I hope they stay in Japan for a while. Meaning live there and just properly learn the language and appear on more music/variety shows. If they do that then their Japanese will improve greatly and gain more acceptance from the japanese audience.

Mister 's definitely the best song of KARA, along with their best dance - butt dance LOL

KARA 's succes was awesome. In only 1 year they can break the record exist in 11 years of BoA. That 's mean a lot to KARA and Kamilias :)

alright KARA, enjoy being a top alone. Wow just four songs, and they have tremously succeed. They are the most successful korean girl group in japan. They have defintely hit something big in japan, it true everything of KARA has manage to hit 100,000, where else can you go beside up. I don't know how KARA can go up from here, since they already done so much. I feel like if KARA had more time in Japan, the girls would eventually be the queen of kpop in japan. They would have as much succeed in japan as dbsk, if they have more time.

finally! finally! finally!

congrats KARA! :thumbup1:

and J-kamilias too.. they did a great job! :thumbup:

i hope KARA will set the record very high so that nobody can break their records.. :tongue:

fighting KARA! fighting KAMILIAS!