[2011.09.21] KARA's Japanese Songs Sells 3.7 Million Copies, Claims Highest Among Korean Artist

Haemi-mancer

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just curious why I can't find these data on the RIAJ website. Where did you get the data?

The data is extrapolated by when each song hits a milestone based on RIAJ's monthly certification report.

e.g. "Mister" got triple platinum (750,000) for ringtones and digital single, and platinum (250,000) in PC downloads. This totals up to 1.75 million. (Also note these are the minimum amount. That is, Mister has at least that amount.)

So after adding it up for all the songs, you will get the total amounts for that artist. This September report certified "Go Go Summer" as Platinum for digital single and Gold for PC Download. That is an additional 250,000 since the last certification. This brings the total for KARA's four songs to 3.7 million.

Wow, amazing!

Download charts can really show groups' popularity in Japan, especially since CD's sales keep falling down (only groups with big fanbases can do really well in the Oricon nowadays, and since KARA has good physical sales too, I'd say they're totally loved in Japan ♥)