[2011.10.07] September's Best Selling Albums, KARA #1

kara4life

September's Best Selling Albums, KARA #1

Yev5f.jpg

MoFwe.png

Girl group KARA is finally number one on domestic soil.

The numbers for the girls' third album "STEP" are out, according to GAON Charts.

After having been released on September 6th, STEP sold 97,667 copies during the month of September, making them the number one album for the month.

The title song of the same title also achieved great results. "STEP" placed number two for September's Combined Digital Chart and number one on the September Downloads Chart with 1,719,950 downloads.

Compared to other girl groups, KARA was the second girl group to hit number one on the monthly album chart, following 2NE1. Also, they're the first girl artist or group to sell over 90,000 hard copy albums, In fact, the numbers are continuing to rise with the 100,000 mark right around the corner.

2nd place on the Best Albums Chart was Super Junior's "Mr. Simple The 5th Repackage Album" (released September 19th), trailing behind KARA's "STEP" by only 457 copies. And the regular "Mr. Simple The 5th Album" was number four for September having sold an additional 31,242 copies. This comes after they were the number one album for August with 287,000 copies sold. Combined, the group has sold 318,669 copies so far. 3rd place was Infinite with their first special repackage album "Paradise", having sold 34,704 copies.

Continuing on, 5th place went to Sung Shi-kyung's 7th album "First", with 30,077 albums sold. The OST album for the SBS drama "Take Care Of The Boss" sold 23,894 copies placing 6th, B1A4's "B1A4" album placed 7th with 20,791, and the Brown Eyed Girls at 8th with their 4th album "Sixth Sense" selling 19,285 copies.

GAON Charts calculates album sales, buy subtracting the amount of albums left in storage of the music production companies from the total albums initially produced.

source : KBS

credit : mae @ ournikori.blogspot.com

happy to be a small small small part of this success by purchasing "STEP". it took almost 2 weeks to arrive in Indonesia since my pre-order, even KARA already won MCD and MuBank, so I was happy to own this big album at the arrival. :D

as for "Winter Magic", I have optimism since the song (characteristic) is really aimed for Japan market. waiting for next no 1 on Oricon. KARA hwaiting! :thumbup:

Yey! another #1 for KARA's record! :thumbup: Actually all the songs in this album are awesome so i guess it deserved to be #1 Congrats to our lovely five and a huge thanks to all the kamilias out there who bought the album. Let's keep supporting our girls!

STEP IT UP KARA & KAMILIA!! FIGHTING!!

Yey! KARA is #1 yet again. This album is really great! I'm so glad I purchased this one. We rock Kamilias! They were able to beat Suju by a thread there. Only up by 457 sales, but still, they are #1. KARA Hwaiting! :thumbup:

Congrats to the ladies (: I hope their sales number continues to rise even though they have

concluded their promotions on stage. I hope 'Winter Magic' does just as good as their previous

albums in Japan! What a wonderful year Kara has had with 'STEP' =D

uhm sorry

May I ask which is the difference between HARD copy and NORMAL copy? I don't really understand this world.

they are the same which means phyiscal album, and of course they're made up of different editions.

...they're the first girl artist or group to sell over 90,000 hard copy albums, In fact, the numbers are continuing to rise with the 100,000 mark right around the corner.

WOW!! this is so daebak news :thumbup1: go go 100k copies!

YAYAYAY!!! CONGRATS KARA!!! WELL DESERVED, WELL DESERVED!! I MEAN THE ALBUM IS AWESOMEEEEE!!! :D

BTW, THE GIRLS LOOK AMAZING IN THE PICTURE (LIKE ALWAYS OF COURSE)!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by jenhamster