[2011.10.07] KARA, among girl groups, sold most albums of 97000 copies

neris

Girl group Kara's 3rd album 'STEP'is number 1 on September's album chart.

According to the South Korea's official music chart, 'Gaon chart', 'STEP' (Released on September 6th) has sold a total of 97667 copies in the month of September and has reached number 1.

'STEP' was released after 10 months of their mini 4th album 'Jumpin'. The album contains 10 songs.

The title song 'STEP' has been one of the top songs online as well. 'STEP' was number 2 for Gaon Chart's [september digital chart], and also in [september download chart], they are number 1 by 1719950 times.

Therefore, Kara among the girl groups, are the second one to be number 1 on monthly album chart after 2NE1's win on July. They are predicted to sell about 100000 copies of album soon.

SOURCE

Translated by: sysbittersweet@ KARAHOLIC.

Please take out with full out credit.

THe effort worths it :) SY's hard work has finnally showed up :D I'm proud of our girls :)

omona >.< I think you mean KARA's hard work showing up... SY worked hard but Nicole(SGB&other variety shows), Hara(Invincible Youth), Gyuri&Jiyoung(they are the ones who are promoting usually nowadays. SY is also appearing in clubs and her OSTs.

So it's all of our girls' hard work.

KARA + Kamilia = success <3

I guess I have to get used to these numbers. 100K albums sold seems to be a good amount there, but I'm not sure. Are they really number 1?

They sure are #1. You can refer to this thread to see the full chart list http://www.karaholic.com/forums/index.php?/topic/11865-20111007-septembers-best-selling-albums-kara-1/. But they are trailing behind Davichi on singles chart. We should support Winter Magic as well, I'm really hoping it will do good in Japan. :thumbup:

Edited by red4summer

Wow~ really KARA's STEPping!!!:D I'm happy for them!

Hope their alum would be soon distributed here in the Phils., I think a lot of Pinoy Kamilias are hwaiting for it...

I guess I have to get used to these numbers. 100K albums sold seems to be a good amount there, but I'm not sure. Are they really number 1?

Yes, they are xD

At least for now lol.

I'm so glad that Step's album sales are doing well.... it's about time. It just shows what a difference good promotions can make~ But of course it's also all thanks to our dedicated K-Kamilias. This time they were extremely supportive (Y) So hopefully all other Korean albums/EPs released in the future can also exceed the 100k amount :D That would totally solidify KARA's position as one of the top K-pop groups.

Awesome! congrats to our lovely: KARA!!! Im so proud of their hard work!KARA jjang!

And of course a big thanks for all the k-kamilias who supported our lovely five! lets do an even better job with "Winter Magic" :thumbup:

STEP IT UP KARA & KAMILIA!! FIGHTING!!!

I'm really happy after hear this!! kamilia and kara, i'm proud of you all!! keep fighting kara!! step is really good song!! and the dance also best and influenced!! kara I love you!!

Edited by Shenara

WOOO GO KARA!!! SO PROUD OF THEM :D AND I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE ALBUM, "STEP"!!! THEY'RE WITHOUT A DOUBT, ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY AND THE DEFINITION OF PERFECT <3