How did you get into Kara?

Eddie Z

i was reallly bored and had nothing to listen too and i didn't want to listen to the kpop songs that i had on my itunes so i looked up something new ^^

first i didn't listen to them because i only listened to boy groups but i started to like girl groups too and my newest favorite group is kara <3 ( the only girl group that i don't like is snsd i am sorry to sones i am not an anti fan or anything i promise that ,, i do think the girls are pretty and really funny but i still haven't heard a song with them that i like :/ )

Edited by NenaTH

i first saw them in their sang sang plus guesting with BEG and Jo Kwon... Initially, i was kinda annoyed at gyuri.. but also, it was her who brought me here.. she dragged me here.. keke~~ kidding! her interesting personality made me so curious that ive search her name over and over without even knowing that i was totally attached to her.. no regrets!feels so good to be a kamilia anyways!

When I started listening to Kpop I didn't know who Kara was. Later though, I realized that I had a Korean channel on cable and it had subs in English(YAY). I was happy. So one day before school, I turned on the TV and started watching that channel. I think is KBS...I don't know. Anyways, while I was watching that, like around 6:00 am....a show called Star Golden Bell would be on. I would watch it because it was pretty funny. The first episode I watch of them was pretty funny, so I left it there and kept on watching until it was time for school. Then, came Nicole's part on level with me season 2 or something. I don't remember well, but I really liked Nicole's personality when I saw her. She was soooo cute.

After the show ended, there was this "Music Break" which would feature some random artist. One day on this music break, Kara was on. They were showing Kara's MV for Pretty Girl. At first I was like meh..they are hot though..but when I noticed Nicole I was like woah....she's an artist?!...I had no idea, so I started doing some research and 1 thing led to another, so there. That's my story. Sorry for the bad grammar. Just free writing lol.

i knew Kara since 2009. but the only member that i knew were Nicole. i had no interest to Kara at that time, since i was crazy about Super Junior and had no time for the others lol. and early this year, my friend gave me Kara's Lupin music video. at first i had no interest in it, but then the song stucked in my head. i started to get into Kara since i watched IY and found the adorable Hara <3 after that i started to search everything about them & fallen in love with them :rolleyes:

Edited by rantamara

Ohhh HERE's the forum I've been looking for!! Gah anyways, in 2008, I first heard their song, Honey. And at the same time Gee by SNSD came out too. I chose Gee over Honey because I didn't really care who sang the song(though it was kinda catchy) I was'nt in LOVE with SNSD and I didn't even know who was Kara. Then 2 years later, I finally saved enough money to go to the Korean Music Festival. Before the KMF started, my cousin introduced me to Kara, but I didn't want to "love" Kara. Then when time came, Kara came on and Honey was on I only remembered that song because of my other cousin. After the KMF I decided to base a fanfic off of the KMF(or I was inspired) I had to use someone other than SNSD girls. So I told my cousin. "Which one of the Kara do you like?" She said she liked the one who had her hand casted to her back and has short hair. "She's the Magnae" She said. After I went home that night I looked for the Magnae of Kara and chose Jiyoung as the main character to pair off with Kikwang. After writing a few chapters into it, I fell IN LOVE with Jiyoung! Then a week later, I asked my cousin if the girl she liked was Jiyoung. We started arguing about who was the magnae, then I proved to her that it was Jiyoung. After falling in love with Jiyoung I had to listen to her sing, and thank god I love Jiyoung! If my cousin had said that it was Seungyeon, I think I would like Seungyeon. LOL I am so weird! Ahaha...

(P.S. I use to not like their song Honey because I was really into SNSD back then. But now it's all about Kara! Ironic huh?)

• 2 weeks later...

Not going to lie but when I first heard "Pretty Girl" and "Rock u" (I got into K-Pop in 2008) I didn't like it. But now I love the songs.

Now what got me into KARA: THE BUTT DANCE!

I first heard "Rock U" when it came out and I thought that it was cute, but I didn't look much into it, but when Pretty Girl came out, I was hooked <3 I love that song! hahaha It's still my jam

So then I researched more about KARA and learned more of their earlier songs when it was KARA4 and I loved that strong image that they gave, but I also liked their cute stuff too!! I watched their self-cams, all the shows that they went on and I was hooked and charmed by these five girls <3

Happened to me about a month ago. Was in my friend's car driving around downtown and listening to his iPhone's music. When "Wanna" played, I loved it and asked for the band's name right away. It's all thanks to my friend, I think I should treat him to Mcdonald or something for it bwahaha (yesh I'm cheap like that)

I start to know KARA when they perfomred "Mr" in Inkigayo last year summer.

Nicole gained my attention first since she was standing at the centre and she was the only member with short hair ^_^ .

Then, I thought Jiyong is a traditional Beauty Korean gal since she has pretty eyes, taller and white skin (I am suprised when I figaured out that she is the maknae^^. she looks more mature at her age). after that is Hara, she's pretty and she looks like a naughty gal to me at the first sight, I dun know why HAHA~.

Then, I saw Seungyeon. She really looks like a teenage :lol: . And I love how she was smiling during the performance B). That made her look special among the gals.Then, came to Gyuri's part. Um...at that time, I guessed she is the leader coz...she looks eldest among the gal :lol2: of coz, she's pretty too~ ^_^ .

Actually, Seungyeon was the one that made me explored more about KARA. After watching KARA's variety shows, I finally become a Kamilia ^^.