How did you get into Kara?

Eddie Z

One time I was watching an animated parody video and the ending credits were Kim Jong Kook's "Lovely", I liked the song so I looked it up on youtube and was hooked.

In the related I noticed one of the videos said "KARA - Lovely" and didn't click on it since I figured the two weren't related.

Finally one time I watched the video and that was the first video I saw of KARA. My first impression was that they were all pretty and that Hara-doll sort of scared me (her eyes lol) so I didn't pursue them then.

KARA is my ultimate fandom so you can imagine what happened later on, though it took me about a year to officially declare myself a Kamilia and I love all five ;u; (wow that was long)

Strangely enough, though I liked KARA's "Jumping" from the first time I heard it, it wasn't until this year that I realized just how frickin' AWESOME they were!

And it was funny that the thing that made me first realize this was when someone uploaded a clip of MISTER on their blog, unbelievably, I'd NEVER seen this vidoe before, and just HAD to go running onto youtube to see what other performances I could find of these gals! Before you knew it, I was lovin them so hard!

A group made a cover of "Honey" with Chinese lyrics through a Chinese broadcast. I didn't pay attention to it, since the "cute & sweet" concept isn't my taste, so I didn't know the song was originally from a Korean girl's group. I watched Star Golden Bell, they used to have some extra guests and the character of Gyuri was rather funny; so I looked up on Internet and the first MV I've watched is "Wanna", I remember spazzing on Nicole, she has a cute round face and a genuine smile that melted my heart and the song with the dance moves were very addictive; then, I thought, I become a fan. At the same time, my brother knows KARA before me, he didn't introduce this group to me though. He was a hardcore-listener to KARA's albums, such as Jumping and Lupin. Oh, and now, I'm waiting for their comeback.

I got into kara thanks the program Star Golden Bell when Nicole was in it. I began searching info about the group and then i became a fan when i saw a performance of Mister and Lupin. I also like other girl groups but Kara it's in the first place because the member are too cute and funny. ^^

At first when i'm reading Tokyohive, all i see was like KARA having a new single.

So i thought they would be pretty popular in Korea too, as they're releasing singles after singles in Japan.

Then i encountered JiYoung in IY2, still didn't much listen to them although I had a few of their Japanese lead tracks and STEP on my ipod (Winter Magic really caught my ears). It's only after Running Men when Gyuri and Seungyeon went on and I really loved them as a group.

I started to like KARA because of DJMAX Technika 3.There songs were there such as Step, Lupin, Pretty Girl, Mister and Jumping. Lupin and Mister is my favorite.

I'm into K-Pop for over a year now and I fell instantly in love with SNSD, miss A, Wonder Girls and f(x). But I never really got into Kara...

And now I think it's a shame! I watched the MBC Korean Music Wave in Google last week and their opening performance just blew me away!

And the talking sequence was soooo cute! I love the girls now and want to get to know them :)

But right now I like Kara's Korean music more than the Japanese songs...

I'm into K-Pop for over a year now and I fell instantly in love with SNSD, miss A, Wonder Girls and f(x). But I never really got into Kara...

And now I think it's a shame! I watched the MBC Korean Music Wave in Google last week and their opening performance just blew me away!

And the talking sequence was soooo cute! I love the girls now and want to get to know them :)

But right now I like Kara's Korean music more than the Japanese songs...

Yeah, I totally agree with you. The Korean Music Wave concert's opening blew me away. I never knew there was a song as catchy as that, and then first thing i do when i get home is listen to it on youtube. then comes the rest of the kara spazizing

I started liking Kara since I saw them perform at the MAMA2007 awards, since then I've been following and watching videos of them on YouTube (even if there are no English subs) - They are part of the reason I also started learning to speak Korean & research Korean Culture ^^^

i cannot credit any particular thing for getting me into kara...from their BREAK IT MV, my favour for them keeps increasing in every new music video they released esp with honey, wanna & lupin & of course their song mister with the dance moves..since there were not many girlgroups & they were the highest ranked girlgroup in my thought at the time.... i checked out their variety show appearances & from there there's no looking back ...proud to be a KARA fan ^^

Edited by winx08

• 4 weeks later...