How did you get into Kara?

Eddie Z

I watched Invincible Youth season 1 for Sunny and Yuri from SNSD,and I couldn't help but notice Hara having fun and kind of making a fool of herself :lol2:

Then I watched IY2 and Jiyoung was being the maknae she is..along with Suzy from Miss A of course~ I decided to look at how KARA was doing in terms of their music..saw that they've been focusing more in Japan than Korea for past couple of years (on a side note: Congrats to KARA as a group for selling 1 million copies of their album!!) and had KARASIA a few months ago. I think it was the Korean Music Wave in Google that caught me. They performed their top 3 songs and bam...I was hooked. They're really awesome and I hope for their comeback to be soon this year [2012] :gemadmire:

I've heard things about them for a while, but at first I thought they were a JPOP group. o.O

I heard Step a couple of times, and I was watching IY2 from the start, so I knew Jiyoung =) I watched the google KPOP concert thing in california, and realized that kara was actually really good after Hara guested on IY2. Watched a couple of variety shows, and Bam, I'm hooked.

Kamilia 4 Life xD

I was watching some random channel one day after getting out of work (turned out to be mbc). They were showing some drama I forgot which one but it had eng subs so I gave it a shot. I ended up getting into the k-drama and watched it everyday. One day after the drama was over they cut to this new music video of these gorgeous young Korean girls dancing and singing some pop-like song. I still remember how in awe I was in their beauty when watching the video. I never heard of kpop before and that song was in my head the whole week. I didn't know what they were saying all I remember was them singing "I wanna think about, just wanna think about" lol. I searched that on my computer and found the music video of Wanna. So began my addiction to Kara lol.

Was recommended by my friend to watch KARA's famous butt dance MV (Mr.) then I started watching Invincible Youth 2 because of Sunny from SNSD actually :tongue: , but Ji Young stole my eye sight in every episode. Then I started googling about her and KARA, starting to watching their MV's then their variety shows. Then I stumbled across HaHa and Mong show where they visit KARA's dorm and that show made me burst out laughing :lol2: . Then one day I heard that KARA is coming to Malaysia for the MTV World Stage :w00t: , I got myself 2 tickets and I just somehow fell in love with them through their awesome LIVE performances right in front of me :wub: , their beauties and cuteness on stage is just.... :eyelove::wub: So my addiction to KARA started since then. :lol:

I thought I did reply to a topic similar to this before a long time before? Whatever, I'll just do it again.

I wasn't the type to like idols. In fact, I was an anti-idol. Never really thought much 'bout going crazy over looks like my how my sis did with boy idols. Never thought looks was enough for me to follow an idol, so I was a little against how my sis went over-the-board crazy spazzing at her boy groups.

So, around three years ago, I was on YouTube looking for more Taeyang remix music after just getting into Kpop through one of his songs. Then at the sidebar of YouTube related was a KARA-Rihanna mashup remix which I coincidentally thought I'll give a quick listen to after finding discovering other good Kpop remixes. Also, the cute girl's face (Nicole) on the preview was a factor. heh! Then the video was showing Wanna MV, which I thought was really pretty and a ideal representation of how feminine girls should be, though I wasn't really one to go crazy just because of looks. The music was also a factor.

Then Nicole's close-up cuts on the Wanna MV was "OMG! KILL ME SO CUTE!". I found out the KARA was the girl group behind the song and remembered that I had heard Honey before (which I thought was nice but wasn't really conscious of it in the past) and saw Mister's choreography before. "So, it's this girl group I had a glimpse of before."

Unknowingly already converted to a Kamilia, I started looking for Wanna live performances and I kept looking out for Cole. At that time, I was a newbie and had great difficulty distinguishing their faces and names from each other. So I resorted to Wiki and Googled images. Even so, their styles kept changing with songs I still needed time to recognise each of them.

When YouTube and AllKpop was no longer enough for me two months later, I found myself here. Never thought I would contradict myself on the looks part, but it's also because of KARA's music and personality that made me stay loyal rather than brushing KARA off like other groups. :thumbup:

Edited by Redresonance

I went to a site with a topic saying "Best Korean Bands" and there it was KARA ^-^

Then I saw Lupin's live performance and I thought "It's worth it to check them out" so I started to watch the PVs and I fell in love with "Rock U"

"Rock Your Body Say! Rock Your Body Say! Shake it! Shake it!" is still on my head all the time and I start dancing without knowing XD

for me i realized them by gyuri unni at star golden bell program..first i watched it n directly i love to c her cuz her beuty is different with others n especially her witty answer n personality..after that i search internet than i found them as the group,n how can be veryone said that gyuri unni is annoyed cuz for me she just to make the pogrm is funny at all..

For me, I was on youtube when I stumbled upon a Star Golden Bell Level with Me video. So I clicked on it and watched the video. When i was watching it Nicole was so freakin funny and cute so I kept looking for more Level with Me videos but couldn't find some at the time so I just had to go searching for more information about her. I found out she was from Kara so I searched on some videos on them. And I soon got into them just like that, they were cute, natural, and funny ^^ But I have to say the Level with Me videos mostly got me into Kara.. hehe :P