How did you get into Kara?

Eddie Z

I first saw KARA.. probably after watching their butt dance(:

One of my friends sent me a link to one of their performance and I simply got hooked up(: Hhaaha.

Its been one year since I'v been a Kamilia(:

KARA hwaiting(:

• Like 1

This what made me a KAMILIA!!

lalalalala~ MV-Kara-STEP-5718.jpg

It was exactly the same thing for me too!

I was on holiday in Hong Kong early 2013 and went into one of those electronic shops, on a massive 85" screen was KARA's Step. At the time I had no idea who they were and I couldn't help but stand there and watch this MV about 2 or 3 times, the tune was catchy and the girls looked great! Thank god for the large Step sign at the back, its all I had to work with when I tried to find out who they were when I got home ;-)

• 4 weeks later...

I was randomly looking for a song about roller coasters, and ended up finding Jet Coaster Love. First I was excited about finding such a cool Japanese song, but then I kind of got disappointed when I found out they weren't even Japanese but Korean. The song was cool though and I kept watching it and at some point I decided to find out more about Kara. I still prefer their Japanese songs and tv appearances in Japan over Korean stuff (as I don't understand any Korean).

• 6 months later...

I don't even remember precisely anymore xD but I do remember that after listening to SoShi a long time I wanted to get into other Korean girl groups as well and I'd heard the name KARA and thought, "Okay, let's give it a shot." I was directed to the MV of "Mr." and the rest is history.

• 3 weeks later...

I turned on my TV one night, and it happened to be on a Korean TV channel--I didn't even know we had one distributed to Houston's cable TV customers.  The channel appeared to originate in Los Angeles.  Playing on the TV, as I turned it on, was the official DSP release version of Step.   I had never heard of Kara or Step.  Up until that point I had watched a lot of C-pop and Taiwan pop.   I couldn't believe it--the Kara girls were so beautiful and sexy; their dance outfits and the stage backgrounds were so colorful; the music was so great.  I did some research that night or the next day and found out more about Kara.  I've been a big fan ever since.  I also immediately bought the Kara Step It Up DVD set, which remains one of my favorites of all my music.

• Like 1

At first.

I had fall in Nicole's corner in SGB variety program " level with me" She is so cute.

and then I found Gyuri in same program she is so funny and good attitude. I am Kamilia since then.  

When GooHara go to G7 Chongshunbulpae i love her very much. I love when Kara member look funny more than sexy.

At Jiyoung growing up in the year of 2011 I l set my eyes on her before Kara had dispute with DSP.  She is look funny and cute and sexy all in one.  

After that I started to love Hammie because of her OST song like Because of love and you are my superstar. I only play her song and i will have good feeling all the day. Her voice is so amazing.  

Now i Stick with YoungJi because when she is in Kara project I cheered her at the very first till the end. All i want is Kara comeback smoothly at the time.

and as i get to know youngji i love her character so much.  

Actually i just love only Kara not go to another group. I don't know why i  just can't escape Kara.

Edited by karamale
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
Guest LaumeSea

For Youngji and KARA new comeback with MAMMA MIA song

But I known KARA since 2010 with Mr song when members were Nicole and Jiyoung

I listened to them but was more casual fan rather than a fan but know I changed my minds

I support KARA no matters what :gemheart:

tumblr_mfhim3Wwdd1rplnm4o1_500.gif

• Like 2

I was a casual fan since Mr. It was one of the first kpop songs I've listened to. I have Revolution. I like all their major title tracks, Korean and Japanese. As a casual fan, Cole has always been my bias. Best butt dance in the universe! I'm more of a Sone tbh.

BUT...

I sold my soul to 0G the puppy when I started watching Roommate. I watched it for Sunny but got distracted. That's when I start to take notice of Kara and develop genuine interest in the group. I've realised how precious they are after watching their Making of 1st Japan Tour vid. From now on, I will root for Kara too.  :gemcheer:  :gemwin:  

• Like 3

Was pretty new to kpop back then and i was really into girls generation and f(x) 

So while i was browsing the run devil run mv, i came across jumping mv 

And i instantly fell in love with jing and gyuri while watching the mv!!!! 

And because of my love for victoria of f(x) (kekeke) i watched invincible youth 

DAMN hara was so adorable in invincible youth!! 

So i started to watch more of kara's variety shows 

And came across nicole's level with me when KARA was on the show too 

AND JENG JENG JENG JENGGGG 

• Like 1

because I played korean games - audition...

there's much korean songs, including kara (Mr and Wanna at that time). And my bestfriend is a kamilia, dunno if she got an account or not here. (she's already leaving kpop world)

I've been listen to Kpop since 2006. Super Junior - BoA era...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Oh, wow, I don't remember :D Hahaha. 

I just remember lurking through random K-pop videos on jpopasia.com because I really couldn't get myself to like K-pop back then and so I was just looking and looking and looking and looking and looking (and looking some more) for something that caught my attention and there it was: KARA's "Wanna." 

And since then, I've just been so in love ♥ 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...

I discovered Mamma Mia around 2017/2018 when I was first getting into K-pop and then have listened to a few of their other songs (Step, Jumping, Damaged Lady) but never knew their names. However, the announcement of their 15th anniversary comeback made me decide to look into them as a group more and I fell down a KARA rabbit hole.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...