How did you get into Kara?

Eddie Z

Learned about them because I was new to K-Pop when "Lupin" came out. Already a SNSD & BEG fan. Loved "Lupin" and then discovered "Honey" & "Mister". Started watching IY and fell in love with Hara. Stumbled upon Karaholic & here I am! :D

Well, I first saw KARA on SGB, and continued to see Nicole while watching other ep's.

Then I also watched invicible youth, which i really enjoyed partly because of Goo Hara.

So after seeing them dance to their songs, i decided to finally listen to some of them.

Glad i did though. :)

it all started with a remix version of Wanna which i stumbled upon on YT.

i find the song very catchy and was hooked to KARA when i listen to several of their other songs like mister and Honey

and i happen to know of allkpop after watching IY. and from there i discover this great forum!!

It was a pretty simple discovery for me. I was already into kpop and jpop but i didn't know about Kara at the time. One of my cousins came over and stuck a cd into my computer. They were playing it really loud and i thought it was catchy. I asked and they said it was Kara's song Honey and ever since i have been listening to Kara.

Wahhh I think I forgot~xD Well let me think~Hum...~

Oh well they came out on Come To Play with SNSD~

And I started to like their song,Honey~After that,I watched

their debut perf and all~I like Seunghee but too bad,she wasn't

in KARA anymore~After that,Sweet Girl aired and I fell in love with

Goo Hara!!~haha~ :D

• 3 weeks later...

1) On KBSWorld, saw an interview of Kara and heard they were singers.

2) Next day, was bored, decided to check on Kara

3) Saw Lupin, loved it. Became a fan ever since.

Yep, that. Kara was the 2nd group I listened to, first was 2NE1. Kara is still best though

good question. interesting how i've been asked this question several times already :D

Listened to SNSD extensively, but I was curious about who else was promoting during that time and stumbled on Kara's Wanna and Mister. I listened to it a bit, and thought Wanna was kinda catchy. But it wasnt until Lupin was released that i really started having an interest in them and thats when i got into Kara and went back to listening to some of their previous songs and performances.

Ah...it was complete accident. I was listening to music on youtube and stumbled across the video for a k-pop megamix by masa, and I got hooked to that. As i watched it, nothing really stood out aside from the guys wearing eyeliner (first time seeing that and it threw me off, but it doesn't bother me now) and then a real quick clip of KARA came on from the wanna video and I just had to figure out who those girls were, and it all went down hill from there :thankful:

Edited by midnight2128

I stumbled upon Kara upon when I first explored KPOP.

In fact, my friend showed me this parody of super junior's MV ~ and although I wasn't into korean music at all (didn't even know who suju were), the parody was pretty funny.

So I started checking out other KPOP parodies on youtube, and somehow linked to Kara's "pretty girl" MV.

And...........it made me itchy~ LOL ~ in the sense that Kara tickled me to watch/listen more of their other videos on youtube.

I found myself liking Kara much more compared to the other Korean groups' MV that I also watched because I felt they were much more

sincere/honest even when "acting cute" in their MVs. That is one thing I fail to recognize from the other popular girl groups.

I think in some ways girls recognize/feel sincerity among their own gender better/differently than most boys are able to tell among girls.

(LOL, don't have to agree with me)

• 2 weeks later...

I starting getting into KARA after watching Family Outing where Nicole guest starred with Tiffany. Originally, I was watching because Tiffany was in it but something about Nicole really attracted me. I was that into them until started watching IY because of Yuri & Sunny, but once again Goo Hara drew me in.

After that, I started looking for their MV's and now, they're one of my favorite groups! they're really awesome(: