[Perf] 111014 Music Station

red4summer

winter fairies. :gemadmire: It seems like they had wings behind them.

I hope they will return again to perform winter magic at ms. ^^ Although today was 3hr special but Kara's cut was really short (same goes to other artist).

Haraya~~~ you look so lovely but I wish to see more hara's sweet honey (smiles) during your performance. :gemsorry:

Thanks red4summer for the links.

Edited by nikoriko

thought it's kinda weird to see a ballad with some dance moves, but somehow i like it..

the dancing is simple yet pretty, not powerful and sophisticated like upbeat songs..

Man it's freakin Laruku behind them!!! And I so wanna know what HYDE said!!!

He said something about Nicole, saranghae, after that it's all laughing.. Damn I wish I understand Nihongo..

Edited by harbag

thought it's kinda weird to see a ballad with some dance moves, but somehow i like it..

the dancing is simple yet pretty, not powerful and sophisticated like upbeat songs..

Man it's freakin Laruku behind them!!! And I so wanna know what HYDE said!!!

He said something about Nicole, saranghae, after that it's all laughing.. Damn I wish I understand Nihongo..

I thought otherwise for the dance. I mean love the song, and I would really prefer it for them to sit and sing a ballad rather than dance since, in a ballad, there's more emotions to be expressed in the singing. I think something like how they performed Dear Kamilia live on Step's Comeback would have been excellent. Although I like the soft Winter Magic dance, I can't say that it is better than them singing like how they did in the MV, because they expressed better there without the dance. And there's too much semblance to their Date performances, I honestly dont find it unique (i dunno, maybe because of the outfit style). Love their performance nonetheless!

About what HYDE said, I saw this comment at the Youtube video translating it, but I'm not sure whether it's accurately correct because I don't know Japanese but I think it is roughly right from the familiar phrases I hear them saying. HYDE said that Nicole is hyper and lively. Then they went on to talk about an incident where Nicole bumped into him and said "Sumimasen" ("Sorry" in Japanese) to him. HYDE then attempted to reply in Korean to Nicole but instead of saying "Kwaenchanayo" ("It's fine" in Korean), HYDE made a mistake and said "Saranghaeyo" ("I love you" in Korean) to Nicole. Then they laughed at the mistake.

I loved how HYDE was embarassed at his own mistake when Nicole explained the situation again after him and mentioned the phrase "Saranghaeyo" again as she explained. Love their interactions. :thumbup:

First reaction: Sooo.... pretty.... O__________O

Second Reaction: Wait, there's L'Arc en Ciel and Kanjani together with Kara.....

Third Reaction: Ahh... whatever... fandom pairings can go later... Kara's too charismatic.. *can't take eyes off performance*.

I thought the dance wasn't too bad. I don't care for the Stay With Me part where they shake their shoulders. But it was still cute and I'm sure they captured the hearts of all the audience. Heheh.

No matter how many times I watched the performance, the dance is still quite awkward for me. Vocally and visually they were stunning, it's just the choreography that throws it off a bit. I do see some Honey moves in there which was quite cute but other than that the choreography as a whole was not really necessary for the song or performance. If they did need choreography I would have preferred something a bit more simple, like minimal, and fluid movements. If anything the only part that would need a choreographed moment would be during the instrumental break during the middle of the song but even then I would still prefer minimal and fluid movements as well. But overall great performance from them. Can't wait to see more upcoming performances.

They all look good~ I wasn't sure there would be a dance to this song and it is a little awkward, but it's not too bad. haha.

Kanjani8 x KARA & Laraku/HYDE x KARA. <3

Did anyone translate the talk part with Kanjani8? :)

I'm inclined to agree... It's not so much that I didn't like the dance, rather I think it would have been better if there was no dance for this one. I think the problem though is that it would be hard for them to have this music on tv shows without a dance (to me at least, Kara performances instantly make me think of dancing), and it's a single, so there aren't other songs to put on said music shows.

My point being, I think they just had to have a dance for the song.

i'm the odd one, i'm so glad that they danced throughout.

even though winter magic is not a ballad, it's of low tempo.

so without any choreo, the performance will be dull.

imo kara title or a-side song has to have dance movement.

[c] honeyhammie9

i think i have abused the replay button too much ^^v

i like their ms perf, though i wish gyuri and hara cld have smiled more ^^

i love their dance step especially the one w/ the shoulder

in my opinion their dance step is really appropriate since its a jpop

i find the hyde-nicole story so funny & cute

its really a good thing that they got invited during an ms sp, they had a lot of screen time

i wish next time that they become the guest they will have an opportunity to interact with arashi

Edited by ahome

I didn't actually thought that there would be a dance for their WM live perf but well, it's still good and very entertaining to watch. Though I'm not really sure if the choreography on the chorus where they move their shoulders back and forth is cute or a bit awkward. They looked like kids asking their parents to buy them candy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...