what do you hope??

hollyh

Hi kamilia..

I saw the style of kara in winter magic and it was very nice and sweet ;-) but when i see the cheo dance in music station i think it very simple and it like honey " it would be better if they didnt dance":-( i think they are enough with the cutie style they already grown up..i think it time to show their mature and sexy side..people right now dont see them as a women:-( cuz even rookie group dont do the sweet side..And the kpop nowadays ae spread and they must care of their image..and i think they become no1 hallyu star in japan and they love them cuz of their sexy style "mister" ..i hate when people say they suit the japan more i dont know why but i think they are saying they are not strong enough to be kpop...and that absulutly wrong..

What do you think of this style?? I think it is good but dont make them be no.1 i mean in korea.. There are nothing special about it people will get bored quicky...

As a kamilia i will support them what ever they do..but i have wishes ;-)

I hope you dont understand me wrong but we are family and should say or openion..

I heard a rumon that it will be an album in november called " super girl" so what is your hope and what do you want their style to be?!

Sorry for my bad english

Edited by hollyh

^

don't worry, you're with the majority. :)

what do i hope (for the 2nd album)? here're my thoughts.

knowing most probably what umj will be releasing in nov/dec, i hope winter doesn't exist in japan, or basically just skip winter season and release after it. i don't mind to wait 4-5 months.

i don't like winter magic but its choreo in music station changed my mind slightly because i watched it twice. tbh till now, i have only completed listening to winter magic 3 times.

nothing can satisfy everyone. i don't mind if they go cute or whatever concepts, just no to ballad or of slow beats. just to say, if the first kara song i listened to was ballad etc, i wouldn't be here.

I like both Kara's cute style and their sexy style, but I agree that it's gonna become harder and harder for them to pull off the 'cute style' as they get older. The thing is though that there are many ways to be cute, and they are sticking to 'innocent' cute... I think they are too old for that already.

As for that album... I think the japanese would rather have a 'sexy' album, and I like both, so I think they should go on that direction. When I say sexy though, I don't mean the American way of course.

I don't mind Winter Magic at all, although it is mid-tempo and kawaii, it's still an upgrade from Honey and something they haven't shown Japan. It's new in that sense. I'm giving the choreo a chance since it was their first time to dance it and it wasn't perfectly executed. Also, the camera shots were mostly closeup and didn't show how it looks as a whole.

As for their second album in Japan, definitely mostly catchy dance songs. I want to hear Nicole rap more same as she did in STEP or Lupin. I don't mind 2-3 ballads but I'd like a jazz/bossa kind like in I'll Write You A Letter and version of Gil. I think it suits their vocals, even Hara's.

I agree with red4summer, I'd rather they release it early next year.

I personally loved Winter Magic, even the choreography. It was simple and sweet and different from what they've shown. I think they are successful in Japan largely because of their cute image and style. They captured the hearts of the Japanese fans with their sexy/cute style in Mister, and then fully immersed themselves in the Jpop-ish kind of kawaii music with Jet Coaster Love and Go Go Summer. And now they're trying out a new kind of cute with Winter Magic. So far the reception for their cute style has been overwhelming. I think when they released Jumping, the response wasn't as powerful as with Mister, so they decided to go in the cute direction, instead of the fierce and sexy style. But I am merely assuming this, so please correct me if I am wrong :)

I do agree that they are kind of starting to get too old for the cute act, and it's starting to show (especially with Gyuri, who has the most mature image among them. Seungyeon has no problem with the cute style I think ^^). I hope that for their next single they go for a Mister-like track, one that is upbeat and catchy, sexy yet still feminine and kawaii. :)

The cute style is only for the Japanese market, and it won't make them number 1 in Korea. Which is why they had Step. But I was really hoping they could have done follow-up promotions, maybe with Follow Me or Rider, which were strong songs in my opinion and could cement their place as number 1 in Korea. But even with just the 3 short weeks of Step promotions, they still had a lot of success, so I guess that says something. I hope somewhere down the road, they'll be able to unite the two images of KARA (the strong and fierce Kpop KARA and the kawaii Jpop KARA) and be number 1 in both countries. After that, the rest of the world is just waiting!

I don't think there's anything wrong with them suiting their style to what works for them in that country (Japan and Korea are two totally different industries, as we all know). You can be cute without being childish/a wide-eyed lamb, so I personally think they're striking a nice balance between the mature and cute concepts. I can't personally think of any time I've heard a Japanese female artist be told to grow up and stop singing such adorable music, lol, but I follow more of the guy groups than girl groups, so maybe it's happened before. Besides, you can sing cute music and still carry yourself with grace and maturity, so from my view, I don't think it makes them look immature/not like women. "Sexy" doesn't necessarily have to be synonymous with "grown up women", which I think is a misconception sometimes. I'm not saying they have to stay ~cute forever~, but I don't think singing upbeat j-pop is out of place for young women who are in their teens to early 20s. It will vary from idol to idol, because like elizher said, Gyuri does give off the mature vibes. But I think she was able to give a sweet but mature spin to the Winter Magic PV, so I think their personalities can come through in a variety of genres.

As for me, I would like a mix of both the Mister and Jet Coaster Love types, but considering they're releasing things like STEP in Korea where that style is the big thing, I think it's nice for them to have some releases where they suit Japan's idolpop market. I guess I'm kind of undecided because I love both styles of music and would buy it regardless of whether it was fierce or cute.

Ultimately, I want them to do what they think is best for them as a group and what is fun for them (which I don't think I'm alone in at all :), given that we all love them here). If they like weaving themselves into the Japanese idol tapestry as Korean j-pop singers singing j-pop when they're in Japan, and Korean k-pop singers singing k-pop when they're in Korea, then that's fine with me. If they want to push the exclusively mature/sexy image in both, that's fine with me, because both suit me, music-wise. I can understand where others are coming from, though, because of course KARA are k-pop at their roots, which is what most people got into, but I think they're in an interesting position/taking a unique route, and I think it's part of their charm that sets them apart. They aren't just repackaging k-pop into the Japanese language -- they're mixing it up a bit and really integrating. <3

Basically, I just want new songs, and I don't feel too picky (with a mix of both being my total ideal). I saw that rumor about it being a compilation or something, which is basically the only thing I don't want. I already bought Girl's Talk, so I don't want GT songs on the new one. And actually, I also don't want an album full of ballads/slow songs. I think they did great with Winter Magic (a rare ballad that I loooove), but I prefer catchy and upbeat, whether k-pop or j-pop. Having a lot of slow songs tends to put me to sleep, heh. I would actually be really curious to hear STEP in Japanese too, even if I'd like new songs even more than a remake of anything.

Either way, I'm looking forward to it! I hope we get some sort of confirmation soon. Super Girl is still technically a rumor, right?

i hate when people say they suit the japan more i dont know why but i think they are saying they are not strong enough to be kpop...and that absulutly wrong..

And just to touch on this (because it's a bit of a pet peeve of mine), with all due respect, I don't think there's anything "weak" about fitting in really well in Japan. J-pop isn't the weak to k-pop's strong ^_^, and being suited to Japan shouldn't be considered an insult; in fact, I've always thought of it as complimenting them (that they can fit two different countries so beautifully), though maybe it's a matter of perspective, and it's possible that the people you heard it from were blatantly intending to put KARA down. I don't mean for this to sound combative if it does at all -- I just want to share another way of looking at it if you're feeling upset about those comments. <3

Edit: And I'm still new to KARA as a fandom beyond just the music, so I hope I'm not coming across too strong. I'm just trying to jump in. ^_^ <3

Edited by Chels

I don't think KARA is old for cute concepts. The older members, Gyuri and SeungYeon only have 23 years old. And in Japan if you look cute, it's okay. This isn't America where you have to be older to be cool. People dig cute concepts in Japan. And there's nothing wrong with that. It's not like KARA's cute concept are forced and childish. It's fine the way they are, imo.

There are singers older than KARA that do cute concepts too, just fine without being in a child image. KARA need to have a balance with cool songs and cute too. I hope for balance I like variety: cool, sexy, edge, cute, lovely ballad song.

• 2 weeks later...

i love Kara because of their unique styles. they are cute, sexy, mature and beautiful. I think that Kara suites both in Japan and Korean!! :thumbup:

Winter Magic is a wonderful song and why dont we just enjoy this song? :)

i'm agree with you,why dont we just enjoy this song?

Edited by red4summer

• 1 year later...
The KARA is very discriminated for not being a famous group, so will always have someone to talk they can not sing J-Pop and do not sing well. I wanted them to stop investing in looks "cute", I think it does not suit them, and it reminds me the days of Rock U (I don't like Rock U), so if they invest in image "sexy" and "adult woman" it would be better for everyone.

i just hope that our girls just bring their laugh and happiness with their song or maybe acting,,even more start this year they also can participated to write their own song for their comeback!maybe,,

I hope their World Tour this year will include a stop in the New York City area. (Selfish hope...)

Hi everyone - I am new here and finally decided to come aboard from the allkpop forums... ^^

I wanted to post an intro message in one of the forums but it looks like as a new member I cannot start topics. Anyway, I guess I'll use my first post for my hope here. ^-^

My hope is KARA AND KAMILIA NEVER SEPARATE

I hope their World Tour this year will include a stop in the New York City area. (Selfish hope...)

Hi everyone - I am new here and finally decided to come aboard from the allkpop forums... ^^

I wanted to post an intro message in one of the forums but it looks like as a new member I cannot start topics. Anyway, I guess I'll use my first post for my hope here. ^-^

welcome^^ have a great time with us :gemshout: