Kara's fanbase is increasing?

Xperia

Hello dear beloved KAMILIA!

Ahnyeonghaseyo!

I was wondering whether the KAMILIA fanbase have been increasing in size. I feel like KARA's popularity is rising and the number of people who are trolling onto KARA's videos are also increasing(which is always a good sign, they're getting popular ^_^)

There is only one problem, this is a bit off topic, it seems to me that many of the new KAMILIA aren't as polite as the old one. They are a bit harsh on their words. Or they could be old KAMILIAs, I am not sure. I don't want to just assume things. But I really do hope that all KAMILIAs could stick together and ensure that KAMILIA is a peaceful and harmonious fanbase.

I am saying this because, I was a little bit annoyed by the comments given to DSP on the latest video of KARA, that is winter magic m/v. I am not saying that they're at fault for voicing their opinion, but I wish they could do it more gently. Hehe.

Edited by Xperia

Yes it is without a doubt increasing in size. I am not exactly sure how much more compared to last year. I am very certain that there is an explosion of people knowing KARA after their debut in Japan. Before that Kara do not appear in much magazine. As of now many companies want them. Considering by how news KARA is getting for in Korea and Japan, it is a strong indication of their massive popularity.

In Japan their popularity is without a doubt a historic landmark.

As for the quote they could still be new or maybe they more vocal compared to other people.

Since more people know Kara there would be more people with different ways of expressing themselves.

Not just increasing, it's sky-rocketing :))

1. I believe KARA is the only Korean girl group (except SNSD, sure) can break the 100k mark in term of physical sales in only 1 month, it was more than an achievement, esp. with a group not coming from the Big3 companies.

2. The view in youtube of STEP, gosh, 10mil views in 1 month, it takes the same time with MV MrSimple of SJ, and we all know how "hardcore" ELF is *LOL* Finally, people admit that KARA belong to 1st tier group in Korea.

For the quote: agree, it 's a little bit too harsh on their world. But I can understand their feeling. Kamilias was all desperate to see KARA. If DSP don't post the Winter Magic MV, it's ok. But I can't understand why DSP decide to post and then delete it so quickly. It makes everyone pissed off >"< Besides, in a short time KARA receive hate from haters, antis and trolls more than ever since they debut. Kamilias tried so much to reason or just ignore them, but it seems like so many was lost their temper and start to being more extreme in the way they protect KARA and other thing.

Edited by fantomas

below is my quote in another thread, how can we just throw everything at dsp?

how can we blame dsp for taking down wm? wm doesn't belong to dsp, umj has the rights.

so in the first place dsp was taking risk for all fans by putting it up when somehow umj is against it or thereafter reversed its stand?

hence we should be grateful toward dsp for uploading instead.

or maybe things aren't going well between them as it appears..

my advice to those dsp haters, don't patron dsp youtude etc (and that includes dspkara)!

yes the fanbase is gaining strength but at the same time don't let the heads get bigger. get it wiser, please!

^

I totally agree. Instead of blaming anyone, let's just be thankful for what is provided to us. :thumbup:

Regarding the fanbase getting larger, it definitely is. KARA's popularity is spreading not only in Korea and Japan but all around the globe (though they are still not that known here in my country).

As for the quote, I think some of the *unpolite* comments made by fans are just brought up by their intense feelings at the moment thus, we should just try to understand them (but I'm not saying that I agree with them or think they are right in that manner though). And I don't think there's any relevance whether you're a new or old Kamilia when it comes to the harsh comments posted.

In the end, let's all just try and give our best to support KARA rather than minding their haters and eveything in between. We became Kamilia for this main reason afterall. We are not known to be the most peaceful idol fanbase for nothing, right? :thumbup:

It IS increasing...

I've been a Kamilia for more or less 2 years and I could clearly see the improvement...

but I somewhat agree with you...New kamilias aren't that peaceful compared to the old ones... but considering the fact that kamilias didn't get to real fanwar with kissmes when they bashed our girls really hard for the mnet win, were still peaceful..

:complacent:

Kamilia has increased for sure ! I followed KARA since 2007 and I really can see the difference between before and today. The best example is that KARA video can real 1 million views in only few days. Kamilia is not the biggest fanclub but it is increasing day by day since people are more and more curious and interrested by KARA.

I think the fanbase is def increasing, after all I'm a new fan. I hope that the other new fans who liked Step check out there less popular songs and buy their older albums as well as new albums. That way the bigger fanbase can help Kara become even more successful in the future.

I think the Kara fanbase is definitely increasing, especially where it matters most; Korea and Japan. I think Kamilia in general are definitely a more passive fan-club, we might not be as loud and aggressive as others but it is known that we exists. If people want to think that Kara isn't popular based on second hand accounts of international fans who simply don't pay attention to Kara in general, than that's them. I'm not gonna sit around and argue about how popular Kara is or show proof of how popular Kara is, cause there really is no need to. If people took the time to look up Kara and research Kara and put their bias aside then they would see how successful Kara is, honestly the proof isn't hard to find. Only a few groups are all that popular in Korea at the moment and Kara is definitely one of those few groups. So yes, Kara fan base is bigger than what it was, I'm not sure of how much bigger, but even one extra fan is good enough for me.

As for the more aggressive behavior, I have seen it, but I think that some Kamilia are just tired of people thinking they can just walk all over Kara and it's fine cause "Kara isn't that popular" but it is unnecessary to get so worked up. Let people be immature and live in their fantasy world where Kara isn't popular and no-one cares about them :rolleyes:. In general though, Kamilia still mainly keep to themselves. Spazzing articles and ganging up on negative comments is pointless.

• 2 weeks later...

The general impression I am getting from this thread is that as Kara rises in popularity, it obtains fans that, in their false passion, don't seem to be in line with the Kamilia spirit. It really is a shame to see young people spazz or rant about an idol group just to be feeling something - the community can only hope that as this new wave of fans become closer (or farther) from Kara they recognize the value of the strong emotional connection to the group that the general community of Kamilias appear to have, as opposed to just raving...

As for the more aggressive behavior, I have seen it, but I think that some Kamilia are just tired of people thinking they can just walk all over Kara and it's fine cause "Kara isn't that popular" but it is unnecessary to get so worked up. Let people be immature and live in their fantasy world where Kara isn't popular and no-one cares about them :rolleyes:. In general though, Kamilia still mainly keep to themselves. Spazzing articles and ganging up on negative comments is pointless.

Honestly, I don't feel that this apparent bashing should strike us in the way you describe. I've always been more receptive to the anti-fan community relative to most fans, because they, unlike many fans I've seen, view the group with a critical eye and can gauge their strengths and weaknesses. In some ways, I would even say that anti-fans are very much like dedicated fans, except that they are dedicated to hating instead of loving.

Hm, as of now, Kara has gained some fans. Since October 2011, a total of 200+ fans have joined their

fan cafe. 55,000+ is a huge number, but it doesn't really do much to be honest.

It IS increasing...

I've been a Kamilia for more or less 2 years and I could clearly see the improvement...

but I somewhat agree with you...New kamilias aren't that peaceful compared to the old ones... but considering the fact that kamilias didn't get to real fanwar with kissmes when they bashed our girls really hard for the mnet win, were still peaceful..

:complacent:

this what makes me a proud kamilia, we never really try to start a fanwar even when other fan clubs bash our kara hard time. but we still support kara whenever they us

KAMILIA as a fanclub has definitely increased. from what i noticed we also became a passive fanclub in terms of our girls activities, we tend to want more now as it was back then we just go with the flow with whatever DSP throws at KARA. i think the dispute made us somewhat aware and cautious.

• 5 months later...

Well, I must confess to being one of the many, MANY newcomers to the love of KARA, a fanbase that must be growing even as we speak! I'm not just new to KARA, but to pretty much K-pop in general! I mostly only listened to J-pop, and the closest I got to K-pop was when TOHOSHINKI, KARA and SNSD released J-pop songs (or at least j-pop equivalents of their k-pop classics) The first actual Korean-language I fell in lovw tih was 4Minute's I My Me Mine, but it wasn't until KARA that I fully embraced it. Now, I LOVE it!

I just don't want our fan base to get a bad name because I'm pretty sure we're known as the most peaceful one lol...:CoffeeTakeaway:

Though I don;t think anyone that's an anti in the sense of assaulting artists should consider them a fan of ANYONE because if you do that stuff do you really think that your favorite artist will want you to do that? they will not be proud they will cry and feel you are shameful.. I choose to dislike some artists or just not listen to their music but I will never bash or assault other artists because I know KARA and my other favorite artists will not want me doing that..plus it's ridiculous if you think about it..why should you waste your time ruining other artists reputations or anything because they have worked SO hard to get there... :accomplished:

ANYWAYS lol sorry about that huge rant... I hope KARA's fan base increases more because they really are so talented and so easy to love :syc5:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I agree. I do believe that ever since their debut in Japan, more people have became Kamillias!! I really hope this would continue as I think people underrate KARA too much. Since their Japan debut, they managed to break so many records and their comeback with the upbeat song 'Step' only increased their popularity.

But it is sad because people kept comparing them to SNSD in Japan and quite soon fanwars starts. But we Kamillias should stand proud to be a fan of KARA

• 5 weeks later...

I would say it continues to increase. I'm new Kamilia as of a month or so ago, when I saw Seungyeon and Gyuri guest on "Running Man". And unfortunately, every fan base will have those who decide to voice their negative thoughts. I feel the best thing is to try to lead by example and hope the rest follow suit in giving support