What do you think of KARA's Aegyo dance in WM?

Alex21

After I've seen their live perf on MuStation, I was surprised to see that they have a dance choreo for WM. I actually thought that they'd perform it more like IOA or I am..ing, but well they still looked good.

The one thing that mostly caught my attention was their chorus step in where they move their shoulders back and forth or something. Our girls called it the "Aegyo Dance". The name is quite fitting for the step because I personally thought that they looked like cute little kids asking for candies (I also said this in the other threads haha!).

I also think the name fits it perfectly! I was surprised though that they named it "aegyo dance" since aegyo is Korean and the song is Japanese... But aside from that, I loved it! And I think Jiyoungie does it the best among them. In the Winter Magic Close Up version her aegyo is just bursting! No one can beat her aegyo XD

Sorry..but i really disapointed with this dance..like what you said "like kids" although they already grown up..i think it enough to act cute like that now..and i dont think japanese this time will love it..i really want something powerful..cuz i afraid that it will come another kpop group and steal the japanese heart:-(

Actually as a kamilia i loved it too they look cute but i want the best for them..

they can do more than aegyo dance.....i kinda shoked when Nicole teach the dance...it's really weird...i hope the rumours they will release full album in Nov..they will promote strong song like Mister and Jumping...enough with JCL :bored:

well, i also had a thought about how they will present WM at first, wondering will they dance or not. i dont think that's necessary, since they done great ballad/danceless song before.

but i have to say that their aegyo dance fit the song really good.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a while back, but this is my opinion. Well, I think the aegyo dance is meant to make them look shy, bashful and cute. And somehow it fits as a slow song choreography, but not the mood of WM, since it's more of a sad song rather than a happy one.

can't believe I miss this thread back then since I always want to share my opinion about the dance,

Well.. not a fan of that aegyo dance, love everything about the song, mv and the choreography except the chorus dance.. they seems awkward when teaching it in some Japanese shows especially Gyuri since she's more Goddess Kakkoi image-like, I hope there won't be more like this in next Japanese single..

• 1 month later...