[Official] JiYoung in Invincible Youth!

vennie

Yeah.... if there's haters or even sensing hate towards jiyoung I just explain with reason :P If they don't understand then they don't. :P I'll be doin' some weekly protection comments for jiyoung~~ LOOOOOOOOL~~ I'm sure some people will be mislead by jigoo's(her new nickname? XD IT'S SO CUTE <3) actions so yeah... just explain carefully :P Because I'm pretty sure you'll know when they mean it or if they're just trolling(in which case you just "tsk tsk tsk" and ignore XD)

btwww~ if anyone knows how to make cuts or where to make cuts please pm me? >___< i kindof wanna make cuts of jiyoung on invincible youth ^^ because she has way too many cute parts in invincible youth :3 I JUST CAN'T IGNORE THEMMM~~~ And those cute little micky mouse ears she had on?!?! AND THOSE RIBBONS ON HER OVERALLS!!!!?!! So darn cute TT-TT -dead-

And I can see what Lupang said XD She like overreacts and then .... XD

"OHH!! OHH!! IT'S A CRAB! CRAB! ....ooohhh~~ -crouches down- ..... -casually puts next to hole- ...." XDD

I love her concept KINDAA... IDK XD It's like Boom is corrupting our girls :crying: LOOOL XD

But anyways, Jiyoung was so cute in Episode 2...her cute actions XDD And her voice is just covered with aegyo. Can't wait for Episode 3!!!!!!!!

ep 3 over "Spoilers ahead" , read at own risk

Jing again got the most screen time with Suzy, LOL, is this a pattern I see for every ep after this?

Poor Bora though, her screentime was like within the same frame of other people, don't remember much solo panning...

Nice parts : Jing learning how to cook rice, casts surprising Jing with cake to cheer for her entrance exams, casts sharing their complex and worries...

Sunny telling Jing not to worry about the expectations of her to do well in IY2 since Hara did great in IY1, Sunny said " Hara and Yuri also had a talk session in IY1 but its not as funny as Jiyoung's and Suzy's talk show, so Hara should be the one worrying now" Which I found kinda sweet, she was trying to make Jing relax and feel better...

My thoughts : Jing was energetic But but but.....as much as I'm Jing's biggest fan, I'm affected by her enormous amounts of talking/whining LOL (its like x5 of 1st + 2nd ep combined) ---> Sorry I'm only human, I can only take so much LMAO, plus she needs to learn when it is the best time to interrupt and when can she add in a comment, the ep was quite painful to watch, I can already imagine some of the comments that would be written against her (LOL, I'm sorta am doing it too for this commentary)....

Hope no one is too offended, she's still my bias, but I'm not delusional to her actions or rather the role/character she plays in IY2.

*now please don't stone me* :ph34r: ...

Edited by black_green

I feel like she should ditch the whiny image no? You can clearly tell that she and Boom are too comfortable with it each other and have already established an Oppa/Dongsaeng relationship to suddenly change it into a Kim Tae Woo/Hyunah one. I'm pretty unhappy about that, since in you can tell that it's scripted and that she's faking it. I also don't get the village idiot concept - how many concepts is the PD gonna levy on this girl? There's the tom & jerry concept; Hyunah concept and the village idiot concept. Plus the realy, original, cute, sharp Jiyoung that we all no is struggling to get through.

So I don't really know. Gosh, if the PDs would just let her be comfortable, even if she gets less time then Bora we wouldn't be so stressed wondering which concept she's going to have to do next.

Does anyone else think that Sunny shouldn't have come back? It affects the freshness of the new cast and keeps reminding me of IY1

EDIT:// But I do appreciate that Jiyoung does get screen time. Unlike Heroes where Nicole was completely ignored so the PDs could fawn over someone else with not even half as good reactions as hers and then have the nerve to sell it in japan off Nicole's shoulder.

Edited by ArtemisRider

She should really ditch the whiny thingy imo (its cute at certain times, but to hear it every 2mins plus she talks like a machine gun this episode), keep the brother sister concept with Boom but no to the idiot concept...

She's like the main rice bowl for the PDs of IY2 actually, all the entertainment factor has to come from her, which of course I'm happy about, but some ridiculous concepts must go, its affecting her popularity rather than helping it.....

I rather they have sarcastic Jing than whiny Jing, at least sarcastic Jing was funny.

Jing's true self is quite entertaining too, wonder why they didn't let her be herself instead, I mean Sunny, Hyo, Suzy, Amber don't seem to be pulling any concepts as of yet...

I feel Sunny drags the mood down abit? Not sure why, its because she isn't active in the past 3 eps, which kinda translates into a "I don't wanna be here" .....

Positive thing: Lots of Jing's screentime (I think she might be the PD fav, I remember he tweeted her photo going into her entrance exams and he says Fighting lol)

Edit: in other news, Young Saeng (frm SS5501) tweeting Jing after IY2, he must have been watching XD

Edited by black_green

PD sees a lot of potential in our Jing.. She's very entertaining indeed but they're trying to milking it giving her different concepts..

I'm happy, of course.. She's getting love and I see her a LOT but I'm also worried seeing her struggling sometimes.. She seems confused as of how to act ecc....

Adding to that there are a lot of jealous fans mad at her because their bias don't get much airtime or because they are annoyed by her attitude.. Being me an overprotective Kamilia especially towards our baby, it bothers me a lot, even if I know I shouldn't mind them..

If PD let her act herself I guess I'd be fine about "giving up" some airtime of our Jing.. or maybe we should just give her more time to adapt.. It's just ep.3 after all.. :thumbup:

About episode 3....I was really annoyed with how the chief treated jiyoung like she was no-one, so I think she was whiny because she was honestly a bit offended. But in the end, him treating her like that only helped her to garner more screen-time. I honestly don't like the clique nature of "celebrity" in Korea; people act like it's impossible to be fans of more than one group. I don't think that the village chief hadn't heard of Kara....idk, maybe I am over-reacting but it bothered me alot.

Overall I still think Jiyoung did well. Even if she was whiny and talked alot, she kinda HAD to considering she was the MC for that one part. I think it's pretty obvious that jiyoung is the most entertaining part of that show and I think her image will continue to evolve to fit the mood....I personally think it's better that way.

Personally I didn't find her to be that whiny, it was ok and you can tell she's trying to make things interesting. Can't fault her for that. Adnywa, it is the PDs who decide who gets cut in or out..

By the way , anyone know what was the cake for? She was really cute when they starting singing and she didn't know the whole thing was planned for her.

She's doing a good work on IY 2, as well as Hara did on last IY.

Honestly speaking, I watched this show because Sunny and Hyoyeon were there, but as well as I was atracted by Jiyoung's presence. But now, I think that she and Amber are the best there, expected more of Sunny because of her actions on last show. Now, I'm just watching it because of the two (Jiyoung and Amber)

About episode 3....I was really annoyed with how the chief treated jiyoung like she was no-one, so I think she was whiny because she was honestly a bit offended. But in the end, him treating her like that only helped her to garner more screen-time. I honestly don't like the clique nature of "celebrity" in Korea; people act like it's impossible to be fans of more than one group. I don't think that the village chief hadn't heard of Kara....idk, maybe I am over-reacting but it bothered me alot.

Overall I still think Jiyoung did well. Even if she was whiny and talked alot, she kinda HAD to considering she was the MC for that one part. I think it's pretty obvious that jiyoung is the most entertaining part of that show and I think her image will continue to evolve to fit the mood....I personally think it's better that way.

Oh! that too. Yes, I especially didn't like some of the comments by sones - maybe they think it's okay to behave like a douche to anybody whose not your bias. That was ridiculous. And yes, I do agree that some of Jing's whininess was a result of that - I mean how do you react to someone that rude without crying or beating them up? Jing held out. Good for her.

I like your positivity; it's refreshing to see. Actually, we all like to complain a bit too much here on karaholic. lol. It's better if we're positive.

Also, I think it's okay to complain a bit here, but I really facepalm when kamillia complain on public sites like allkpop or the video itself. I mean - shouldn't we leave that to the antis? it's such a... hmmm I don't know, silly thing to do.

i think Jing doing great job in eps 3 also...she cook the rice alone w/o anyone helped her...kinda sad the chief ignored her and always went to Sunny and Hyoyeon side...her corner with Suzy also great...she and Suzy are too cute maybe like a twins...i saw in Youtube some butthurt fans commented that Jiyoung always complaint and her voice very irritating...but for me Jing just do her jobs...she don't know how to cook the rice and she keep asking the chief what to do after this but the chief ignored her....haters don't understand what they are talking about so it ended up saying Jing complaining all the time and try to copy Hyuna personality...

i'm proud with Jiyoung even the chief ignored her and she have to cook alone but at the end her rice cook very well

* why i wrote essay :tongue: *

i think Jing doing great job in eps 3 also...she cook the rice alone w/o anyone helped her...kinda sad the chief ignored her and always went to Sunny and Hyoyeon side...her corner with Suzy also great...she and Suzy are too cute maybe like a twins...i saw in Youtube some butthurt fans commented that Jiyoung always complaint and her voice very irritating...but for me Jing just do her jobs...she don't know how to cook the rice and she keep asking the chief what to do after this but the chief ignored her....haters don't understand what they are talking about so it ended up saying Jing complaining all the time and try to copy Hyuna personality...

i'm proud with Jiyoung even the chief ignored her and she have to cook alone but at the end her rice cook very well

* why i wrote essay :tongue: *

I think jiyoung's reception in Korea is the best so far, and Korean fans are the ones that matter lol. Jing doesn't complain to much and I'm so irritated with all the comments saying that she does...Boom encourages her behavior so i think he notices the NEED for it on the show. Someone has to be entertaining and it seems to be that Jiyoung is going to have to be that person. And again, like you said and what I agreed with, if someone is treating you you're "no-one special" because you aren't SNSD then how is that going to make you feel? I think jiyoung handled the situation well; instead of showing complete anger she tried to mask it. Overall jiyoung is doing a great job, and hopefully she will gain more fans from this.

As long as Kara fans think she did well, I guess that's all that matters, nice to see you all commenting on Jing on youtube too <3 , yup, hopefully the Koreans find her the most enjoyable, I guess the whining as a comedic concept is more popularized in Korea...

Plus saw some comments on twitter seemed she also gained new non-Kamilia fans. A strong personality like Jing's puts people in the complete "Like or Dislike" area lol, as opposed to someone say Bora , who puts people in a neutral area, so I guess thats ok, as long as she's getting more popular :thumbup: .....

But whats up with this article title????

Isn’t Kara as popular as SNSD? Kang Jiyoung becomes humiliated

November 27, 2011 10:05 am hannacha

Kara’s Kang Jiyoung has been humiliated.

In the episode of KBS 2’s Invincible Youth 2 that aired on the 26th of November, the head of fishing village in which the shooting took place looked only after SNSD.

He assigned easy tasks to SNSD’s Hyoyeon and Sunny while asking Jiyoung to cook some rice despite her saying that she has never done it before. Seeing this, Boom introduced Jiyoung to him saying, “She’s Kara,” but he asked back, “Is she?” inspiring laughter.

On that day, the village foreman looked only after SNSD and did not show any interest in Kara. He said in an apologetic tone, “I like Kara too, but I don’t know them that well.”

Then he asked Jiyoung, “What was your name again?” and humiliated her again. In addition, he scolded her for pouring too much rice in a rice bowl.

In the end, Jiyoung exploded and said, “Well, my mom does it this way at home!”

In the episode, Lee Soo Keun, Boom, Ji Hyun Woo, and G8 (SNSD’s Sunny and Hyoyeon, Kara’s Kang Jiyoung, Miss A’s Suzy, Sistar’s Bora, f(x)’s Amber, Rainbow’s Ko Woori, and Jewelry’s Ye Won) appeared.

Source: TV Report

But eh, I liked that she exploded on him at the end, no one walks over princess Jing :thumbup:

Edited by black_green

I personally think that IY2 writers put in the SNSD bias.

As for Jing, I think it was acting too with her visibly whining and all. It's the character they gave her and she's playing it well. She's getting more screen time coz she's the most interesting to watch. Her tandem with Boom gives us something fun to watch. She's owning the show so far (probably why some sones feel threatened). I read somewhere that 60% of the IY2 gallery shows Jiyoung. That's how important she is in the show.

As for SNSD, nothing against Sunny and Hyo but they aren't interesting at all. I was thinking Sunny would be like in IY1 but I don't see it. And Hyo is still awkward with how to be.

As for the show itself, I feel that without Boom and Jing it'll be boring. I'm still confused with what their concept is. With IY1, the pacing at the start was slow but the concept was follow thru. I like the IY1 thinking of "who cares if you're an idol, you have to work here". Some sort of unifying element is still missing in IY2 which I hope they will work it out soon.

Jing is doing very well. Let's not worry about her getting anti coz she'll gain more love. Who can resist our maknae?

As long as Kara fans think she did well, I guess that's all that matters, nice to see you all commenting on Jing on youtube too <3 , yup, hopefully the Koreans find her the most enjoyable, I guess the whining as a comedic concept is more popularized in Korea...

Plus saw some comments on twitter seemed she also gained new non-Kamilia fans. A strong personality like Jing's puts people in the complete "Like or Dislike" area lol, as opposed to someone say Bora , who puts people in a neutral area, so I guess thats ok, as long as she's getting more popular :thumbup: .....

But whats up with this article title????

But eh, I liked that she exploded on him at the end, no one walks over princess Jing :thumbup:

actually I think thats an appropriate title lol....that is basically what happened. The chief treated jing like she was "no-body" and so jing had to do all the hard work alone!!

Ahh im so excited for the next episode. I'm really not surprised by the lackluster performance of sunny and hyo. Personally, Yuri and Hara (mainly Hara imo) carried the first season on IY...sunny got some praise because she was from SNSD-most of her funny moments are with others...I don't think she is that funny on her own as is showing in IY2. Hyo? idk..she seems really reserved around ppl she doesn't know which is part of the problem...she also seems really serious on the show. The girl from jewelry is trying too, but her trying comes off as "try-hard" and is not natural at all!

share this link...our baby again get criticized by butthurt fans... :thumbdown:

http://www.6theory.com/forum/index.php/topic/66293-i-like-iy2-and-the-cast-but-jiyoung-is-annoying/page__st__20

I like IY2, its kinda awkward at times but generally its fun to watch and there is my SUNNY <3. But having said that, Jiyoung is obnoxiously loud and constantly talking over people.

In episode 3, when they are cooking food, all we can hear is Jiyoung talking/screaming over other people throughout the whole segment. Then they had a talk show corner, even though she did a relatively good job, there was still the constant talking over and cutting people short again.

=.='

shes trying wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too hard... and is wayyyyyyyyy too domineering

THIS IS TOO MUCH FOR OUR BABY :angry:

^^

LMAO, the op is Sunny bias, another case of feeling threatened, and the other people that agreed with her had either tiffany, taeyeon or sunny display pics XD --> Sones LMAO

EDIT: LOL , the sones are fast, they quickly gave -1s to whoever spoke in favour of Jing LMAO , this is too funny, this confirms my case that they really are threatened by Jing's screentime on IY2 :lol2:

I wouldn't worry tbh, Korean & Japanese fans/opinions will always be forever more relevant than what international fans think, as much as we would like to think we as international fans are a powerful force, our opinions would come 2nd fiddle to Koreans/Japanese when it comes to kpop idols......

All in all , its still a cultural thing where international fans tend to favour "Fierce, Sexy, independent, Confident, Cool" concepts rather than cute/whiny/innocent/girl next door that Koreans/Japanese seem to favour...

Edited by black_green

lol I agree with you guys!I felt a little dissapointed in the Chief of the Village, I mean, he should treat all of them (not only Jing or SNSD) equally.

But i guess you guys are right, Jing just stood her ground and tried her best, at the end of the day her rice was well cooked and everybody enjoyed it. Also I was so glad that Boom tried to cheer up Jing even if the Chief village scolded him. That was so sweet of him.

So, come on guys let the haters hate, we should do our own thing and that's supporting our baby Jing!

GIGANT BABY FIGHTING!

• Like 1

I personally think that IY2 writers put in the SNSD bias.

As for Jing, I think it was acting too with her visibly whining and all. It's the character they gave her and she's playing it well. She's getting more screen time coz she's the most interesting to watch. Her tandem with Boom gives us something fun to watch. She's owning the show so far (probably why some sones feel threatened). I read somewhere that 60% of the IY2 gallery shows Jiyoung. That's how important she is in the show.

As for SNSD, nothing against Sunny and Hyo but they aren't interesting at all. I was thinking Sunny would be like in IY1 but I don't see it. And Hyo is still awkward with how to be.

As for the show itself, I feel that without Boom and Jing it'll be boring. I'm still confused with what their concept is. With IY1, the pacing at the start was slow but the concept was follow thru. I like the IY1 thinking of "who cares if you're an idol, you have to work here". Some sort of unifying element is still missing in IY2 which I hope they will work it out soon.

Jing is doing very well. Let's not worry about her getting anti coz she'll gain more love. Who can resist our maknae?

I agree with you, from what I'm watching, maybe it's just me taking notice of Baby Jing, but I realized about 60% of screentime goes to her. Maybe it's because she sticks with Boom, but Boom always calls out 'Jiyoung-ah' do this do that, from what I see, It's as if Boom only has Jiyoung in his world. Not only that, he praises Jiyoung frequently too. O.o but Jiyoung pwned the show. She appeared the most, beating SNSD. I have no grudge against SNSD, I'm just saying as a reason for SONEs to be angry. Of course, fans will be angry when the other party gets more attention & screen time.

In EP 3, Jing said she was worried she doesn't hae enough screentime & is worried to live up to Hara's name in this show. I think she's doing a great job so far, and is totally leading the show as a Powerful Maknae~ Even though the chief orders her around, i guess it just shows how Sunny & Hyoyeon truly are. If it was me, even if the chief favored me & gave me lesser things to do, I wouldnt even do it, I would want to hve a fair share.

Anyways, FIGHTING BABY JING , GIANT MAKNAE JJANG!