[2011.11.23] Japanese 2nd Album - Super Girl

iammai

The covers look beautiful :crying: especially covers B and C with the rose pedals. Cover A seems to be a bit plain to me, but KARA still looks amazing no matter what outfits you put them in :). But since this is UMJ's last possible release for the girls (assuming they don't re-sign the contract), I did hope they'd include all new tracks and not re-use some of their older titles...but then again KARA is too busy to record too many new songs with the limited time frame within the contract. The only question is..where will I find $50 dollars to drop on this album >_< UMJ always raising the price on their releases...

Also, does anyone know if STEP will be the korean version or a Japanese remake?

^ OMG there's a super girl and her name is Kara :blink: lol I'm forever clueless

Kara's Girl's talk album didn't have many new songs either, so I wasn't that surprised about the lack of new songs in this album. Ugh I just wish someday Kara can release a Jap album that is full of new songs, with gorgeous, desirable covers/fangoods. In short, an album that is done whole-heartedly, not just a seemingly half-assed one.

Nevertheless, this album will definitely sell well, look how Girl's talk managed to sell despite how rushed it seemed.

Actually this is pretty standard release for an album in Japan so I'm not surprise with just 4 new songs. I would have love for UMJ/DSP to have an elaborate packaging and extras like tote bag or shirt etc... but then the price would go up and japanese cd's are expensive as it is! The covers no matter how simple the backgrounds are ,our girls certainly shine .... Looking forward to hearing the new songs. Thanks for sharing the info. :)

I don't know, why UMJ/DSP have to release an full album so quickly? Why don't wait some more months to release a full "new" album like other group? The contract issue? It has been rumour for weeks that DSP not gonna re-sign with UMJ, so UMJ just milking KARA with their last shot?

Cover C really is the best one. They all look so stunning! And Gyuri proves once again that she exudes charisma up to her fingertips! Cover B seems over-edited, and I don't like cover A because of that drab that my Hara is wearing. Why cover up her gorgeous legs?? But still, they all look beautiful nonetheless!

I'm pretty sure UMJ didn't release this album just to "milk" the girls before their contract ends. I mean, they've probably decided beforehand how many albums they would be producing for the entire length of the contract. That's how a contract works right? But I too wish they had a couple more new songs in this one. I guess this is the album to buy if you're looking to get all their singles in just one album.

Our girls have had a pretty busy year, haven't they? I do hope they get some quality rest time soon! They deserve it! ♥♥♥

2i6jp1.png

DSP you couldn't edit it better?!! :confused1:

3026xvk.png

^^ my favorite :eyelove:<3 <3

EDIT:

am i the only one who afraid of the sales? i mean their are only 4 new songs :confused1:

and as for the covers, i don't know whether DSP or UMJ are the responsible for this, but it's plain and reminds me of KARA's other releases' covers like (standing next to eachother) :

karagirltalkjapaneseconceptphotos2010.jpg

kara-mister3.png

kara_girlstalk.jpg

kara-best_2007-2010_cddvd.jpg

but anyway i'll pray for the high sales :wub:

Edited by diske

It's hard to choose which version to buy. Version A has a too simple cover design but the DVD contains a lot of videos. Version B has a better cover but has the photobook. Version C has the best cover but only has the bonus tracks. Cover-wise I agree with the majority that Version C is truly gorgeous plus factor is GyulCole using Hammie's tummy as pillow :P

Songs-wise, GGS and JCL are still charting digitally. It does make sense to re-use the songs to get more sales from those who already bought all versions of these singles but wanting more. None of the older previously released songs are worthless, so I guess UMJ didn't want to "throw them away". As already stated, Japanese albums are done this way (take songs from singles and include new songs). Taking into consideration that STEP was also being produced during the same time, I'm not going to whine about only having 4 new songs. If Winter Magic and Whisper would be a point of comparison, I'm sure the 4 songs will be wonderfully surprising.

Let DSP and UMJ worry about contracts, we can only pray for the best deal KARA can get while we enjoy the music and merchandise.

^

AGREE MUCH. I have the same dilemma on which jacket to buy due to the exact same reasons stated above. :lol:

4 new songs are still better than nothing. It was also rumored before the official announcement that this will be just a compilation album so I'm actually pretty glad already to see 4 new songs on the tracklist. It's been a trend on their albums to only include DVD and photobooks on their Jackets ne? I wish they could've added something more for the buyers specially for fans like us (without significantly raising the price of course). :thumbup:

OMG THIS ALBUM IS REAL O_O

The covers are okay...cover C is definitely the best, but where's the title though? I'm a bit disappointed that the covers and content aren't as great as SNSD's album, since part of what made their album sell so well was the gorgeous cover and tons of fangoods in that deluxe limited ver or sth. Anyway, I'm getting excited here XD

Only 4 new songs ._.

yeah some awesome cover art and better packaging are seriously needed for ALL of Kara's releases both Japan and Korea. It shows that some effort went into the whole thing. I'm excited but still disappointed that it seems like no-one cares to put the extra effort into Kara's releases. If they want the album to have explosive sales, then they should do something to get people interested in the albums, not just keep putting the same old singles and bland cover art on everything. It's all the same white background....it's really making me irritated. Hopefully next year will come upgraded cover art and album packaging. It helps, it really does. I guess I'll buy cover B or C or maybe both...I hope next year who-ever they sign with, can upgrade the quality of Kara's releases in terms of packaging.

• Like 1

yeah some awesome cover art and better packaging are seriously needed for ALL of Kara's releases both Japan and Korea. It shows that some effort went into the whole thing. I'm excited but still disappointed that it seems like no-one cares to put the extra effort into Kara's releases. If they want the album to have explosive sales, then they should do something to get people interested in the albums, not just keep putting the same old singles and bland cover art on everything. It's all the same white background....it's really making me irritated. Hopefully next year will come upgraded cover art and album packaging. It helps, it really does. I guess I'll buy cover B or C or maybe both...I hope next year who-ever they sign with, can upgrade the quality of Kara's releases in terms of packaging.

Yeah...but what's amazing is that without all those things Kara can still sell so well. Maybe if this album has "explosive" sales their agency will change their mind and put real effort into their next albums, that is, if they stay with UMJ.

And we also have to take it into account that SNSD has SM helping them out with their Japanese releases, so of course they'd look all glamorous with tons of promotion.

Edited by Gyhara

What's up with that "Super Girl" font?! bad choice.. :angry:

and seriously DSP or UMJ need new designers and new creative division, im kinda disappointed with the cover's concept, unlike STEP album..

Also they need more new-original-japanese songs..

I got a feeling that this album release is the last one with UMJ, to fulfill their last duty in their contract, and then move to another label with bigger contract offer, just saying..

Anyway, I hope this album sell well and the girls get end-year needed rest :D

KARA Will NOT stay with UMJ, "Super Girl" album is pretty much a BEST album containing all their single released in Japan under UMJ.

So KARA's next release after the album will most definitely under a different label.

Girl's Talk also only had 2 new Japanese songs. This time Super Girl at least has 4 new songs, and I'm anticipating how the songs look like. And most of the Japanese album follow this trend, most of the singles will be included in the album. This is normal to Japan.

Mister and Jumping were already in Girls Talk. It shouldnt be included in Super Girl unless it's Best Album.

It's only in Version C. Even Girls Talk version C only included Sweet Days, LOVE IS, and BINKS in Korean Version. And I think this is a good step to revive Jumping and Mister phenomenon since it's their best release. I don't have any problem with it but if you're not satisfied with album, just don't buy it. It's easy.

Unless they announce it a 'best album', it is not.

Kara's future with UMJ is still undecided, this album could be a test to see if Kara's worth another contract, just my theory, but I think DSP is demanding a better profit share (especially when UMJ takes 70% of it), which may displease UMJ a bit.

^

It's pretty much standard for an agency to get about 15% of the revenue. Unless you are as big as Lady GaGa or Beyonce, don't expect to get anything more than 20-25%.