[2011.11.23] Japanese 2nd Album - Super Girl

iammai

Limited A comes with DVD and bonus songs,

Limited B comes with photbook and bonus songs,

Limited C is just with bonus songs.

Then I guess Regular version is just the version they sell once all the limited versions are gone.

I never realised how expensive being a Kara fan could be lol. The Limited versions prices are crazy compared to other albums, even imported ones.

Oh I see! Thanks so much!! So the regular version wont go on sale till the limited versions are done eh? Hopefully that would be a little cheaper

Have just preordered Super Girl ver.C ^^

And because I felt a little nostalgic I also ordered First Blooming (because this is the only Korean KARA CD I haven't bought).

So is very happy right now, but also a little sad that Japanese CDs are so expensive.

For the same amount I could buy 3 Korean mini-albums.

But KARA is also the only Korean girl group I would spend that kind of money on.

which online shopping site offers the cheapest price for Jackets A and B? Let's say cdjapan, or hmv, or yesasia?

CDJapan...............Yesasia

A....$49.23................$49.75

B....$43.30................$42.99

C....$37.84................$37.25

Yesasia has free shipping for orders over $40. Can't remember how long it takes for the items to ship.

Edited by gyuriFTW

I love the cover C but I want the photobook.

I would love to ask why does UMJ put the best damn picture on ver C and that picture made the other two covers looks weird.

Why UMJ, why?

I do hope there will be a tour but it's impossible for me to go and see it. :crying:

Hmm..darn, the version I want with the DVDs has the blue cover. Does anyone know how it works with the DVDs and the different regions?

Japanese DVDs are region 2 so you'll need a region 2 DVD player. I assume there are hacks to get around this but I'm not an expert in that area. Most computer drives will let you change your DVD region, but only for a limited number of times before it becomes permanently locked. For me, I have an old DVD drive I don't use regularly anymore so I set it to region 2 and use that for my Japanese media.

^Is there any possibility there will be another PV? :3

There better be. I will be thoroughly disappointed if UMJ doesn't do anything special for Super Girl. Gah now I'm all paranoid and agitated. I know Winter Magic promotions technically haven't ended yet but we haven't heard anything at all about Super Girl since the track list was released. Only 3 weeks left until release...

But if there was one, shouldn't the new PV be included on the DVD, too? :/

I really hope they will have one for Dreaming Girl... Jiyoung tweeted she was shooting something. It seems a bit late, but fingers crossed (even if this is only me hoping too much and there is no chance for a new PV XD)

Dreaming Girl started off at #8 on Recochoku Daily ringtone downloads today, above them are Japanese artists including Arashi, Namie Amuro, Funky Monkey Babys.

A little bit worried though, normally almost every song of KARA would do extrememly good in digital chart, but it seems like both Winter Magic and Dreaming Girl aren't those case

^

it's the very first day and it was released against tough contenders. more than anything, i want to listen to a sample. as i see it, every time kara appears on tv (even just to eat sweets), their digital sales picks up. winter magic did well digitally, is still doing well.

let's trust that kara knows what they're doing.

^

I guess that you 're missing my point. Winter Magic did good in digital chart, yes, but seems like it doesn't have the longevity and explosive power like Mister, Jumping and Go Go Summer, maybe because it lacks of promotions and totally releases out of season.......

it's started off at #8, and it's only their first day sales. I just wait for the weekly chart though. There are still no promotion is being made so far, so don't worry much about it. Even no radio rip I've heard about it and I just only knew it being released today lol.

Actually most of KARA single like JCL and GGS did pretty well on the charts. But if you talk about oricon chart then JCL GGS jumping and mister did pretty well on the oricon chart, and they had a longetivity on the charts. And it a surprised that KARA dreaming girls is on the chart, when that song is probably not a song that they are going to promoted. Since it an album, I don't think the girls are going to have any song that they are going to perfrom, they are going to promoted the album on shows, but they are not going to perform any of the song. Maybe when the girls have a concert, they would. Does anyone know who KARA competition, since Shinee is out, who else. Perfume doesn't release their album until the week after, so who KARA competition

Actually most of KARA single like JCL and GGS did pretty well on the charts. But if you talk about oricon chart then JCL GGS jumping and mister did pretty well on the oricon chart, and they had a longetivity on the charts. And it a surprised that KARA dreaming girls is on the chart, when that song is probably not a song that they are going to promoted. Since it an album, I don't think the girls are going to have any song that they are going to perfrom, they are going to promoted the album on shows, but they are not going to perform any of the song. Maybe when the girls have a concert, they would. Does anyone know who KARA competition, since Shinee is out, who else. Perfume doesn't release their album until the week after, so who KARA competition

Unlike other companies, UMJ doesn't care about competition, if they did, KARA will definitely become the best Korean record-breaker of all time in Japan LOL. When KARA releases Girl Talk, they face-off against Utada Hikaru <-- her name only said it all :thumbup:, when KARA releases Go Go Summer, they going head to head with Hey Say Jump - JE boys :tongue: let me tell you exactly how I feel when I look at Oricon chart "Holy sh*t! Are they nuts or something?" :tongue:

Edited by fantomas

Unlike other companies, UMJ doesn't care about competition, if they did, KARA will definitely become the best Korean record-breaker of all time in Japan LOL. When KARA releases Girl Talk, they face-off against Utada Hikaru <-- her name only said it all :thumbup:, when KARA releases Go Go Summer, they going head to head with Hey Say Jump - JE boys :tongue: let me tell you exactly how I feel when I look at Oricon chart "Holy sh*t! Are they nuts or something?" :tongue:

I totally second this. UMJ is quite crazy put KARA against the big names in Japan. If they were against easier competition, they would be #1 all the time. But KARA fared well nonetheless despite having tough competition, and their sales and popularity are almost as good as the top Japan artists. Being #1 against less popular artists competition is nothing compared to being in the top few spots even against the big names. #1 in Oricon really doesn't represent general popularity, or rather, it represents relative popularity against other releases at that certain time period only.

And really, we should stop worrying so much. I don't really like the negativity of the worries we express here due to the recent singles (especially WM) doing not as well as the previous ones. I know we're all concerned about KARA but just put your faith in KARA and support them, they'll be just fine. High expectations leads to greater disappointments. WM is doing well in Japan digitally, so I don't know why some of us are disappointed in KARA at all. Are we proud and supportive of KARA only if they are popular and with high sales? I hope that we're not that materialistic.

Edited by Redresonance

^wow! very well said. Can't help but agree with everything you mentioned. Guys, have faith in KARA! Come on, we're not just fans because they're popular, we're Kamilias because we love them no matter what. Whether they do good or bad, it actually doesn't matter (though I admit that I want all their songs to perform great, i mean, who wouldn't). But at the end of the day, the important thing is that we're still here to support them. We do not call ourselves Kamilias for no reason right?

Thank you Redresonance for voicing what I, and I assume many others, were feeling with all these comments regarding Kara's rankings. I was getting quite annoyed with everyone caring so much about where they stand in the ranks. But we need to remember that Kara is no longer just a K-Pop group promoting in Japan, they, in my eyes, have become a J-Pop group that competes with the "big wigs" of the J-Pop industry. Ranking first amongst mediocre acts means nothing. Kara has consistently proven their popularity through each and every one of their singles, debuting in the top ten, if not top five, the weeks of their releases. They were up against major J-Pop groups and their sales still ranked high. I rather compare sales numbers than rankings.

To be the best you have to beat the best. Just the fact that you're willing to face against the best and still come out on top, already means a world of recognition.

And to quote Redresonance, "High expectations leads to greater disappointment." There's nothing wrong with having high expectations of the girls, but know that we support them for many other reasons than their sales numbers or rank. We've followed them for far too long to just think about the numbers.

^

Totally agree with "To be the best you have to beat the best", I rather to see KARA get #3 with above 120k sales than seeing them #1 with less than 50k. And I'm quite annoy with some fan (you know who) keep bragging about how their idol get #1 spot in Oricon right with their album/single debut without looking at their ridiculous number.

@Redresonance: I don't think Kamilias being that materialistic. Because KARA did so good since their debut, that gave us extremely high expectation for them with everything KARA releases in Japan. Of course we must be worried seeing KARA didn't do as good as us expect, that 's a normal thing with everyone :)