[2011.11.23] Japanese 2nd Album - Super Girl

iammai

@Redresonance: I don't think Kamilias being that materialistic. Because KARA did so good since their debut, that gave us extremely high expectation for them with everything KARA releases in Japan. Of course we must be worried seeing KARA didn't do as good as us expect, that 's a normal thing with everyone :)

Being concern for the charts and how KARA is faring on them is not materialistic, but letting those affect your support and faith to KARA is materialism. Worrying if KARA didn't do as good as previously is of course a normal thing especially for Kamilias. But don't worry to too great an extent that your words show so much pessimism and negativity as if a not-as-good sales is an omen of KARA's doomsday. It really makes other readers more unduly worried and also affects their faith in KARA. Just chill and continue to support KARA for who they are, not their results. KARA has always been underdogs (even now, as evident in the MAMA Awards), but they've persevered through it all. Don't let awards/sales/charts/rankings etc. affect your faith for KARA.

Materialism isn't the only thing though.

Voicing of disappointments without tact may cause misunderstanding and really gives the other readers that you're not proud to be a Kamilia, that KARA has disappointed your expectations. It also makes others think that it's KARA fault. Although the person who voices the disappointment doesn't really mean that he is less of a Kamilia because of that, other readers will assume that KARA has disappointed this person, so this person does not like KARA as much as before. And negativity is quite contagious. (ugh, I'm going too much in detail it's becoming a theory, but I've to get this off my chest.)

Well, I guess that's what happened in my case. With the amount of disappointments and negativity expressed in the Winter Magic thread, I mostly assumed that many grew to be less of Kamilia because of its charting, which really disheartened me. I mean, who wouldn't be concerned if KARA had fans who care significantly about sales, charts and rankings (all of which are apparently materialistic) so much so that they become less of a Kamilia if KARA doesn't do well on those criteria. Of course, this is all my own assumptions (that we become less supportive of KARA) due to the disappointments expressed there. I really hope we're not like that and will be loyal to KARA no matter what. That's why I'm always saying to not put too much importance on sales to let it affect us.

BACK ON TOPIC! I'm craving for the new tracks! I want to hear Dreaming Girl, like right now!

@Redresonance: I feel for you. And as a co-Kamilia, let's try our best to lessen, and if possible erase the negative vibe in the forum. Our support as Kamilias is more than enough to encourage others and KARA as well. As long as we show our love for them, I believe that materialism in some of the fans would be cease (if there is really any). Let's come to realize that we support KARA for KARA. I know all of us know this especially those who have been loyally supporting our girls since their debut, which we all know was considered to be one of the toughest times for KARA and Kamilia too. :thumbup:

As for Super Girl, I just preordered Jacket B! I'm so excited for this album! KARA HWAITING!!!

Why is it so freaking quiet? :angry: 2 weeks left and there's still no recent news. I don't see any teasers or news articles about Super Girl at all. Winter Magic promotions are over aren't they? I was giving UMJ the benefit of the doubt but it really seems like they don't care about KARA anymore.

Why is it so freaking quiet? :angry: 2 weeks left and there's still no recent news. I don't see any teasers or news articles about Super Girl at all. Winter Magic promotions are over aren't they? I was giving UMJ the benefit of the doubt but it really seems like they don't care about KARA anymore.

Seems like the rumour has big chance to become true, DSP not gonna re-sign contract with UMJ, therefore UMJ just try to milking KARA for their last shot though.....

it could be, since if you remember how UMJ was when KARA started their first japan promotion. Billboard, bus,mini concert in the middle of shiyuaka(can't spell it), they did all that. Yet promotion for the album is really quiet. i guess they are really not going to sign with them anymore. Wondering what company is DSP going to sign with, the last time the news say that enternment company are fighting in trying to get KARA into their company, so wondering what company can DSP go with. Since UMJ was like one of the top 3 company in japan. I think whichever company KARA go for, they promotion KARA the right ways. And they help create KARA some good songs, that all I can hope for. if DSP is going to sign with one of the top 3 company in japan, then the other two would probably be avex( had a lot of good artist boa and tvxq)Sony music japan(2PM,Secret, MBLAQ, Warner music japan(ft island, cn blue), EMI music group(shinee)

^

I think if UMJ really didn't do anything to promote this album of KARA, we can see the "real" popularity of KARA in Japan. Let's think about it, so far, almost every single and album of KARA were heavily promoted (except Winter Magic), it 's the same for every Korean group in Japan. I read in some Jpop fansite that if people in Japan buy your album/single, it 's not like Korean that all of them are your fan, but maybe because they 're curious (cause they see poster, ad, news about Kpop group everywhere), plus Japanese fan are really rich :thumbup: they don't hesitate to give some "strange" album/single a try though

I guess everyone knows that "Dreaming Girl" and "Do It! Do It!" are available for downloads as ringtones on Recochoku. I wish they would release these tracks to the rest of the world soon! I'm practically dying from all this waiting; I want to hear them too! ^^

And I don't think UMJ is ignoring KARA; it's not like Winter Magic isn't promoted at all. Remember the giant posters on that building and the Winter Magic buses? I still think it's due to it not being winter yet... But Super Girl looks like it'll be a great Christmas gift, and Winter Magic is just a lead-up single to the album. If anything, I think that they will perform Winter Magic to promote the album, hence promoting the single at the same time ^^ Do I make sense? Anyway, I'm confident that Super Girl will be an album that fans will love ^^

MM I don't know, but I want to be positive.. Maybe UMJ just want to see how KARA will do without overpromotions, which wouldn't bother me.. You know taking more and more risks like releasing their singles when there are strong competitors ecc..

well, we'll see it when they will announce if KARA will resign with UMJ or not..

btw.. em so excited for this album, 4new songs!! :D I need audio teaser, PV preview now!! :rolleyes:

In the beginning I thought WM was not promoted much. But, KARA did a lot of promotions. Many, promotions on tv like Music Station, CDTV, Music Japan, Heyx3 (Special Medley), Ichiban Song Show and Music Fair. I think ☆cherrims is right UMJ is using WM as promotion for the single and album.

Only two weeks left before the release of the album but everything is so quiet...and to be honest I don't really like it at all. KARA is awersome but nowadays because of the increasing number of idols and especially idol groups, it becomes hard to gain recognization without a proper promotion. I was expeected more from UMJ in terms of promotion for this album but this silent environment makes me feel that DSP & KARA won't renew their contract with UMJ.

Anyway...I have just pre-ordered my copie of version A this morning :thumbup:

Not only that, the preview already came out

(In order) Dreamin' Girl / Only For You / Missing / Do It ! Do It !

Not some sort of cutesy songs, the songs suit with the title 'Super Girl' itself. My favourite are Missing, Do It! Do It! and Dreaming Girl. :)

Wow, the wait is over! Finally a preview! Thanks for the Youtube link, radenoactive! Personally I really love Missing over the rest, but they're all good songs! Like how Winter Magic would have been suitable for some romantic anime's opening, Missing could be its ending! I'm really getting ahead of myself hoping that they would really be used as anime songs as they're so suitable.

Missing is really a soothing song with its gentle tempo and sentimental lyrics, I think I can sleep well hearing it at night. Argh... plese be released soon Super Girl! :thumbup: 1 minute and 32 seconds of Missing is really not enough for me! (I've already made the mp3 version of Missing from the video preview :P )

Edited by Redresonance