[2011.11.23] Japanese 2nd Album - Super Girl

iammai

It's useless if the album sold hundreds of thousands of copies if the reality is not seen the many fans of the field ... what might UMJ & DSP repurchase albums they produce

Yes the girls have accomplish DP in a month. I think with KARA be on all this show in japan, the sells should rise. Hopefully we can see triple platinium soon.

I think the girls may hit more than what SNSD made. SNSD took like 3 months to hit 600K, I think maybe KARA would take shorter, and may surpassed SNSD sells.

Do not compare with them because they had a concert tour in 14 cities in Japan and are all sold out with 140k total viewers ... while Kara we only perform at various events and wait for the number of album sales without doing something big like a concert tour...And I see seem to want a concert tour Gyuri whereas others only dream of next year is to take care of dogs, latin dancing, acting, can award in Japan etc.

From Kara schedule that I see that he is full from January to April it only contains items such as albums selling more DVD "Kara Vacation 2", the new album "Step It Up" and a number of other events but not a single concert tour :thumbdown:

Edited by ♫~♪Mr.Frosty♪~♫
This is your first warning not to triple or double post again, just make one big post next time

It's useless if the album sold hundreds of thousands of copies if the reality is not seen the many fans of the field ... what might UMJ & DSP repurchase albums they produce

Do not compare with them because they had a concert tour in 14 cities in Japan and are all sold out with 140k total viewers ... while Kara we only perform at various events and wait for the number of album sales without doing something big like a concert tour...And I see seem to want a concert tour Gyuri whereas others only dream of next year is to take care of dogs, latin dancing, acting, can award in Japan etc.

From Kara schedule that I see that he is full from January to April it only contains items such as albums selling more DVD "Kara Vacation 2", the new album "Step It Up" and a number of other events but not a single concert tour :thumbdown:

Comparing to other groups is open. This is Karaholic which means, that most people here are biased to KARA. Can't expect other groups to be praised here. And of course, we'd want to compare. And I think the fact that KARA didn't have to do a concert tour and still have amazing sales and accomplish 500k in a month is great.

Having a concert is ALL of the girls' dream. The others did not say their dreams were to take care of dogs, latin dancing, acting, and etc. Nicole said she wanted to try latin dancing and Hara probably wants to further her acting career. and Seungyeon said she was taking care of her dog and how infatuated she was with her dog.

and this: "It's useless if the album sold hundreds of thousands of copies if the reality is not seen the many fans of the field ... what might UMJ & DSP repurchase albums they produce "

What? KARA is popular in Japan, DSP & UMJ don't have to buy albums that they produce. So no, it's not useless.

_________

In my opinion, the reason why KARA hasn't had a concert or concert tour is because DSP doesn't want to lose money if the concert isn't successful. And also, I think they've been really busy with their TV appearances and their regular individual activities to have a concert this year. I mean first the crisis then they comeback with Go, Go summer and promote that but they didn't want to ignore Korean fans so they comeback with Step... And during that, Winter Magic comes out and also news that they were going to release a full Japanese album.... So they promote so more and now it's the end of the year and they can't miss their big end of the year shows ;T So yeah, hopefully next year they get to have their concert. I have a feeling that 2012 will be the year they have their concert! ^^

AND (late)CONGRATS :DD YAY 500k in one month!!!! :gemhappy: ^^ :DD <3 So proud of my KARA girls ^^ :gemheart:

yeah, the girls really have a lot on their hands.

jiyoung had college entrance exam (omgosh! soooo stressful! poor girl!)

What I noticed was Kara comes out with new songs a lot faster than other groups. Almost back to back, sooo amazing of them! They always perform perfectly! Also, they all have improved A TON in their Japanese skills. I noticed all the girls of Kara can now speak conversational Japanese. In their hectic schedule, how on earth did they fit in time to study so much japanese?

Not only that, but I think Hara has college stuff on her hands. ( I think the other girls all go to college too.) Their lives are sooo busy.

Plus all the side jobs all the girls did. Gyuri was DJing DAILY at MIDNIGHT every single day (omgosh!). Gyuri also took part in a musical production. Hara took park in Drama production, she was also in IY variety show back then. jiyoung had school so of course she wasn't given as much side jobs. Nicole had her own variety program too on KBS... I forgot what it's called.

How on earth do you expect the girls to prepare for a tour concert in Japan with all these things in their hands?

I think rather than a concert, DSP and UMJ thought all these other things were more important. Concerts can come next year when things settle down a bit.

Plus they also released a whole korean album! omgosh! I bet they're also preparing for future releases this very moment. wheww, our girls are truly really amazing.

Edited by eseul

I laugh so hard reading your comment.Are you really Kara fan or just come here to bashing them.You have to support their effort in appearing in many tv programs even in Kansai local tv to reach to the general public.Do you think all of their fans/japanese people afford that ticket price and buy it.So,i think its much approachable to reach to their new fans using this method instead of concert tour(i mean for this moment).Nicole,Gyuri,Seungyeon and all the rest had mention they want to hold concert next year.So,do you think each of them need to say 'i want a concert' instead just a person represent them which is in this case Gyuri as a leader talk about it.

DSP and UMJ repurchase their album?So irrelevant thinking.If they can do that,why dont UMJ and DSP repurchase other label mate cd such as Raib** and 4min****(im not bashing these artist but just giving the explanation)4min*** had released full Japanese album and it didnt do quite well on chart.So,did UMJ repurchase their album too or why dont UMJ repurchase their album.For your info,cd sold at each concert tour only, 30% are counted in Oricon sales.So,the rest of 'that group' sales,are been repurchased by UMJ too?Dont you think other group fans also bulk buying their cd too.If a person buy only 10 cd,it wont affect sales that much compare to 1 person buy 1k of cd.Thats incredible.

About that full schedule they have until April,the one you mention above are the only thing we know for sure they gonna release it and other events such as GDA that they gonna attend.How sure you are about the other schedule.You are not the DSP staff or their manager that should know precisely all the schedule for Kara.What we can do now,are hoping that DSP will announce when their concert will be hold.

Thats it.Im done with it.

@KIRA92

Incredible. I really don't know how you concluded that most plausible reason that KARA does not have a concert is that they cannot perform more than an hour. You probably aren't here long enough... or you aren't a real fan.

And yes, KARA has a lot of potential to be more famous then they are today, but to say that the company doesn't want to make them so is ridiculous and contradicting. More fame for KARA means more earnings for the companies, even if it's not strictly proportional.

From the way you write, it's either that you have great expectations of KARA as a fan or that you're just here to bash. And it feels more like bashing (for your information if you are not bashing) than disappointment as a KARA fan. I don't know why the disappointment anyway - because they weren't successful in your expected way because they did not have a concert but concentrated on sales?

You should be supportive of them nonetheless, not put your expectations on them just because other idols have their own concerts. I'm jealous of other idols who have their own concerts too, but their success totally makes up for it. I'm content just seeing KARA as they are, but if they can achieve more, I'll be even happier.

Super Girl on the way to Double Platinum now! Love that they've come so far to achieve this!

Hopefully there will be a concert next year, KARA deserves it.

Concert isn't everything. Even though SNSD had a 11 cities tour in Japan doesn't mean they are more popular than Kara. The sole reason that SNSD is able to had a 11 cities tour in Japan because they came from a large company SME. Sme is part of the big three and they have enough money to starts and create different tours without suffering from any loss because the whole SMTown tour gave them enough profit to waste. True Kara is one weakest singer in the group, yet she is still training and practicing her vocal skill. At least she is much better than some member in SNSD since she can sing live. At least she has better dancing skill. Kara doesn't need their own concert. All they need is to join more tv shows to improve their Japanese. They don't need any netzien complaining about their poor pronunciation. Kara's fanmeet in Japan is just like a concert already. If Kara join more tv show they will increase their popularity with different age groups. There are a lot of problem with concerts too. People can buy more than one ticket or they can even travel to different cities to watch the show more than once. Also, most agencies will cut off half to their ticket price to increase their sales or add freebies. Concert isn't everything when their fans can't even understand what are they singing. Furthermore, SNSD mostly sing their Korean songs instead of their Japanese single or album in Japan. If kara going to have their own concert they will mostly sing from their Japanese single and album. Kara even have their own tv show in Japan the shows decent rating. If concert and tour is so important then how come Kara has a higher profit instead of SNSD. Where concert is one of the most important venue for idol singers. Kara doesn't need any major concert this year; their schedule is already pack. All Kara need is more recognition from professional Japanese Musician so they can establish themselves as idol without talking about their history in Korea.

It 's a disgrace for us Kamilias if anyone of my fellows call that dude KIRA92 *so-called KARA fan* a Kamilia like us. He/she is nothing more but a troll, a worst troll ever. At least normal troll just active in the public forum, they don't go to specific artist forum to talk nonsense and trash. Leave him/her alone for the mod to do their job. I already said with him/her before: I don't talk to bullsh!t.

Edited by fantomas

Unrelated posts will now be deleted and if you guys wish to further your discussion please make a different topic or PM each other.

Seven Golden Rules of Karaholic

01. Basic Netiquette

-General Behavior: The magic word, respect! We want to make Karaholic a friendly fan community, so learn to socialize and get along with the other members of the forum. We will not tolerate any bashing, be it towards Kara or members of Karaholic. Learn to respect each individual. Any other hateful remarks or mean comments are also of course, forbidden.

Go KARA!!!! around 20k for the week so far I'm guessing! Hopefully they can continue to sell well and they might creep back into the top 5 for the week :thumbup:

Well even if this is the album thread, I don't think we should worry about concerts. Alot of kpop groups are having concerts in Japan just to make some quick money before the Hallyu Wave dies down. I think if KARA truly want to be mainstream Jpop artist they have to work the same way mainstream Jpop artist do. It's really all about image. Hallyu artist, are coming and having concerts, since KARA wants/needs to distance themselves from the "Hallyu" tag, it's important for them NOT to follow the "Hallyu" trend. Many Japanese artist promote themselves by appearing on variety shows and performing at open concerts while they continue to release singles and albums and gain endorsement deals just like KARA has done, then, after they have fully established themselves they go on a tour. There is nothing wrong with establishing a fan-base first and them going on tour and not just milking the jpop fans of money because Hallyu is in trend and out of curiosity they will go to see these groups.

Japanese people have a very high entertainment need. And many kpop groups are being "over-hyped" by the Korean media about their popularity in Japan simply because they had sold out concerts. Sold out concerts are the norm in Japan...The Japanese people really, really like their entertainment, especially music. Sure some of these groups have fans already in Japan, but their concerts are mainly filled with curious Japanese people and not actual fans; concerts are a great way to promote. But again, simply going to a country and having a Korean concert is such a "hallyu" thing to do, and with all these influx of new kpop groups in Japan, Hallyu is going to over-saturate itself there and all the groups with the "Hallyu" tag will bite the dust. We don't want that to happen to KARA so in a way I'm very happy that they haven't had a concert in japan just yet. I hope they will have one soon, towards the end of 2012, but not right now or they might be lumped in with all the other Hallyu groups.

As mentioned by greenteamochi alot of these concerts held by Kpop groups in Japan also aren't that expensive, and they sell a variety of really cheap merchandise there for quick profit. If KARA really wants to have a concert and make money off of it, they don't need to be seen as some traveling "act" they need to be seen as KARA the pop quintet who people are willing to pay XXX amount of dollars to see.

I think KARA is above trying to make a quick buck taking the short road when going down the long path is the way to do it. Not only do they get to immerse themselves more in the Japanese culture, they get to spread the KARA name/brand to a large audience. They become household staples, not just momentary visitors. I don't measure success by the number of concerts a group has while a trend is hot; in three or four years from now, will these other groups be able to go to Japan when Hallyu isn't so popular and have the same success singing Korean songs? I doubt it. Hopefully that is where KARA will be different.

And like others have mentioned, KARA is very busy. I think you can never raise public interest/awareness enough. I actually prefer for KARA to continue to get their name out their in BOTH Korea and Japan, then just jump on the concert bandwagon cause "even the rookie groups have had concerts." I honestly think DSP is being ALOT smarter than the other entertainment companies about this. I'm more than sure KARA could sell out their concert tickets if they announced that they would hold one tomorrow, however it is actually in their best interest to keep promoting themselves and getting endorsement deals and putting out music so that hopefully, they can get a sponsored concert where alot of the cost is alleviated. KARA shouldn't just have a concert cause all the other groups are doing it. I think KARA/DSP is looking at things in both Korea and Japan in the long term.

Actually they use concerts as promotion method.

wow they filled 15k seats in five minutes! They're soo popular = news promotion = get more recognition. = more jpn ppl get curious about them.

Leesooman said that himself on this japanese program.

They make money with concerts and promotes at the same time, it's just a smart way to promote. But kara chose to promote via TV.

as simple as that.

I'm happy for the girls, it's so amazing that their albums sold keeps increasing. It must be because of the end of the year music stage promotions. =)

Edited by eseul

Next week Ninki rating

Albums:

01 508.20 EXILE / EXILE ATSUSHI - EXILE JAPAN / Solo

02 28.30 girl next door - Agaruneku!

03 19.00 ZARD - ZARD ALBUM COLLECTION ~20th ANNIVERSARY~

04 17.40 Tsujii Nobuyuki - Carnegie Hall Debut LIVE

05 14.30 PE'Z - Himawari

06 14.00 Jay Chou - exclamation mark

07 13.00 Jackie Evancho - Dream With Me In Concert

Exile is untouchable, but others are not a strong seller. Top 10 in next week is guarantee-able (if they can maintain their sales now + kouhaku effect). :)