Kara-t closing down

XXIV_VII

2008년 11월.

누구보다 예쁜 우리 카라. 카라에 관심있는 사람들이라면 누구나 함께할 수 있는 공간을 만들자. 예쁜 아이들을 예쁘게 담을 공간을 만들어보자.

그런 마음으로 카라티닷컴을 오픈한지도 어느덧 3년이 되어갑니다.

시간이 흐르면서 정말로 많은 이들이 카라를 사랑하는 마음으로 카라티닷컴에 모였고, 함께 그 마음을 나누었습니다.

카라티닷컴의 모습 역시 시간의 흐름과 함께 끊임없이 변화했습니다. 외형적 모습뿐 아니라 이러저러한 어울림 속에서 규칙들도 많이 바뀌었지요.

어려운 시기들도 겪었지만 회원분들과 함께 카라에 대한 애정을 나눈 시간들은 즐거운 기억으로 남습니다.

이제 카라티닷컴은 그 즐거운 기억들을 가득 담은채 멈추어 서려고 합니다.

November 2008.

Our KARA is the prettiest among all others. Let’s make a space where we can be together with people whoever have interest in KARA. Let’s make a space to capture these pretty girls’ moments in a prettily way. (in this case he means pretty as in precious)

With that thought in mind, I have opened Kara-t.com and it's been about almost 3 years since.

As time passed, many people gathered around Kara-t because of their love for KARA, and we shared those heart.

Kara-t.com as well kept changing constantly as the time went on. Not just on the appearance but also the rules as we tried to make a better society/community.

Although we have been through some hard times, the times when (kara-t) members and I shared our love for KARA, will remain in me as enjoyable memories.

Now, with the good memories still in it, Kara-t.com is coming to a stop.

불철주야 시도 때도 없이 카라를 응원하겠다는 그 마음이 변한 것은 아닙니다.

그저, 더이상은 마음에 담아두고 참아내기에 벅찬 일들과 짓눌린 마음의 고통들이

카라티닷컴의 운영자로 감내하기 어려웠기에 내린 결정입니다.

It’s not that I have changed how I am going to support KARA night and day, anytime.

It’s just that, the burden some work and the pain that has been suppressed in my heart is too much to bear.

As a Kara-t.com’s administrator (the head person, I guess the president of the club) it was very difficult, so I have came to a decision.

많은 어려움들은 오해로 인한 것들도 있었고, 생각의 차이로 생긴 것들도 있었습니다.

다만, 누군가와의 오해라는 것이 한쪽에서만 노력한다고 되는 일이 아니라는 것과

하나의 팬덤 안에서도 각각의 활동 영역을 지켜가며 해나가는 역할은 다르다는 것을 말씀드리고 싶습니다.

팬질은 상하 수직적 관계도 정치적 관계도 아닙니다.

안방팬이건 공방팬이건 임원이건 동등한 위치에서 각자의 역할을 하면 그뿐입니다.

There were some misunderstandings when things were hard, and also differences in opinions caused some troubles. I want to say that a misunderstanding of/with someone cannot be solved only through one side working hard to explain the misunderstanding and also that within a fandom, individuals have different roles to carry within their own active region/area.

Being a fan doesn't have upper and lower classes, nor is it a political thing.

Whether you are a living-room-fan (it is a Korean word to describe fans who usually supports KARA through the internet, TV, etc) or a open-show-fan (this is a Korean word to describe fans who will go to public shows such as Music programs and variety/talk shows where public guests are allowed to watch live on set) or a board/staff member, it all works out when everybody carry out their role at the same rank/equal position. (I think in here the administrator is saying that we are all just the same kamilias and no one is greater than the other)

그런데도 팬사이트의 성향이 정치적으로는 어떤 색이니 하며 정치적 색깔론을 펼치는 분들부터 세력싸움이라는 말을 하시는 분들까지

팬사이트들을 어떤 악의 축처럼 바라보시는 분들이 계십니다.

지금도 여전히 삐딱한 시선으로 뭐든 반대를 위한 반대를 이야기하고,

본인의 잣대로 저희를 판단하는 것으로도 모자라 이곳 저곳에 자신의 판단을 정의인냥 퍼뜨리는 누군가 역시 있습니다.

But there are people who talk about this fan site’s disposition in a political way as to what kind of side it’s on and also there are people that call for different power/social classes (within kamilias in kara-t)

There are some people who view fansites as the axis of evil.

Still to this day, they disagree on things in a negative way,

And they judge us based on their own standard, and as if that is not enough, there are some who spread their opinions around as if they are justice.

카라가 좋아서, 카라에게 미쳐서 지난 4년간 아이들이 나타난다고만 하면

아무리 먼 곳이라도 예쁜 모습을 담기 위해 전국 각지를 돌아다녔습니다.

새벽에는 잠 대신 사진 편집, 영상 편집을 택하고, 많은 사람들과의 공유를 택했던 일들과.

우리 카라 어디가나 어깨 펴라고 하루에도 여건이 되면 두세번씩 서포트를 하던 그것이.

크고 작은 행사 가리지 않고 곁에서 응원했던 그런 모든일들이

그저 악의 축이 했던 일들이라면, 누군가에게 쑥덕거림을 들을 이야기라면

더이상 이곳에서 팬사이트를 운영하며 팬질을 할 이유가 없을 것입니다.

Because I like KARA, because I am crazy about them, the past 4 years, wherever the girls would show up,

Even if it was far away, I wanted to be able to capture their moments so I went around anywhere in Korea.

At dawn I chose editing pictures and/or videos over sleep, and chose to share with many people.

To let the girls be proud of themselves wherever they went, I would support them two to three times under appropriate conditions.

Whether a big or small festival, I wouldn't care and would support the girls and be at their side. All of these things,

If the axis of evil were going to take credit for that, and I have to deal with people whispering behind my back,

There is no more reason to fanboy/fangirl by running a fansite.

저희를 믿어주셨던 분들께는 많이 죄송하지만, 그 믿음으로 버티기엔 한계선을 너무나도 지나 버렸습니다.

불철주야 시도때도 없이 함께 오래도록 응원하고 싶었습니다.

하지만,응원하는 마음으로 진행하는 서포트마저도 마스터 개인을 위한 것으로 매도당하고

카라티닷컴에 소속되어 있다는 이유 하나만으로 비난받는 회원분들께 저희가 어떻게 계속 함께 응원하자 손을 내밀 수가 있을까요?

팬 문화 가운데 수많은 길 중 하나의 길이었던 일이 팬덤을 망치는 악의 축이 되어버린 일개 팬들은 이제 원하시는 대로 사라져 드립니다.

일개 팬 몇몇이 사라져도 유지될 팬덤이겠지요. 다양성 중 하나만 사라질 뿐입니다.

아름답게 팬질하십시오.

I am very sorry to those who have trusted me, but despite that faith, the border has been crossed too much already.

I wanted to support (KARA) night and day, anytime for a long time.

But, the supports that are organized through genuine hearts to cheer the girls, were judged as if I was doing it for my own good.

And how can I tell the (kara-t) members to continue supporting the girls with us (he/she and other head people) when they are being bashed at just because they are a member of kara-t?

Among the fan culture, there are many roads and the axis of evil fans wanted to walk the way where they wanted to destroy a fandom. As you (axis of evil fans) wish, it (kara-t) is disappearing.

This is a fandom (kamilia) where it will continue even if few fans disappear. Among many varieties of fans, only one type is going away.

Fanboy/fangirl beautifully.

갑작스럽게 닫는 죄송함을 조금이나마 덜고자 당분간 자료게시판들은 열람가능한 상태로 유지될 예정입니다.

Sorry for closing all of sudden. To make it a little better, the boards will be open for a while.

*trans by me. the italics are my notes that will hopefully help you to understand easier.

*As you guys can probably tell, the administrator seems he/she had a really hard time. So please, respect his/her opinion.

What are your thoughts about this sudden news? :(

Such a shame. It's always sad when a website dies an unexpected death due to internal turmoil rather than fading gracefully into the night. I wasn't a member but I know a lot of stuff they posted made its way to Karaholic. In particular the SSTP Boras were posted by someone at Kara-T and those are my favorite things ever. I respect the site owner's decision but I wonder why he/she couldn't have simply transferred power to another admin there. Oh well at the end of the day, some users will simply be displaced for a little bit until they find another home. Our fandom cannot be contained by a simple URL. As long as our love for KARA remains, so too shall the power and passion of Kamilia.

in any relationship, there're always differences in analyses and perceptions, disagreements and arguments are bound to happen. it's just how one contains them. it can happen anywhere, unfortunately it had happened to kara-t.

evil prevails or righteousness upholds? not in any position to judge but no matter how i look at it, all are fans of kara, so it's definitely a lost.

a gentle reminder to everyone, don't take things for granted because they may be taken away someday. or they already have, little by little, without you noticing. just want to say, treasure what you have now..

@sysbittersweet

thanks for the detailed sharing. I really hope kara-t can reverse its decision. all are still not lost because kara has the power to unite people.

This is such a sad ending for kara-t.

I may not be a member, but I do know they have contributed a lot throughout the 4 years for KARA and Kara fans whether in Korea or internationally.

And also with their contribution for all the KARA fans, along with their collaborations with karaholic too, we can't thank them enough.

I hope just somehow, with the power of KARA and Kamilia, they can unite and bring it back to be the ever amazing kara-t.

As long as their love and our love for KARA would never change, thus let us unite to be a familia and forever a true KAMILIA~

P/S : Thanks for translating and sharing. Thankyou~

• 2 weeks later...