[Jingly] JiYoung in Rainbow Rose!

sweetofuu

Though it hasn't been confirmed but ji young is starring in a drama that revolves around school. Park gunil is older by 6 years so it would be a bit better if they change the male lead to someone younger like Yoo seungho or Lee Taemin or Lee kikwang! I can't wait for the updates though!

Yeah Park Gun il with Jiyoung would be a little awkward. Maybe it's like a teacher-student relationship. Japanese dramas like to do that a lot. Though I just can't picture them together. Hopefully it's not confirmed and Jiyoung gets paired up with someone else....Taemin would be great!

gun il?! i like him, he's so cute. and he doesn't even look like his age, he looks younger to me lol

but JING!? yesssss! finally our baby is get gonna the spotlight she deserves :) i can't wait. i hope its true

Edited by SushiRiceChopstix

^

thanks!

After some especulation regarding Geonil’s upcoming drama, which he mentioned in the last fanmeeting, some official information has been revealed in a notice that the company who will be producing posted up, giving students of Dongah Institute of Media and Arts the opportunity to participate in the shooting of the drama.

The following information was included in the notice.

1. Title : Youth Melodrama ‘Rainbow Rose’(Tentative)

2. Shooting Period : 2011.11.5 ~ 2011.12.20 (Scheduled)

3. Director : Kim Suryong (SBS ‘Heartstrings’)

4. Broadcast : April 2012 (TVTokyo/ Public Korean TV) / 12 episodes

5. Cast : Kang Jiyoung(Kara), Park Geonil (Supernova), Lee Sang Yeop, Jung Sun Gyeong, Sun Woo Jae Duk, Julien Kang

credits: starlight

to be broadcasted in april but as k-drama or j-drama?

what's the role for jing? is she the (co-)lead or supporting actress?

whaaaat?!?! Jing is going to act?? oooooohhh, so will she be the lead girl?? if so, i think i agree that hes a lil 'old' for our baby Jing...lol but still yayyyy!! shes, really getting her big break this year! i can't wait for this drama. hmm...it'll probably be korean drama but will air in Japan. btw, thanks for the news!

KARA’s Ji Young to possibly be cast in Japanese drama

It was recently announced that KARA‘s Kang Ji Young is a high prospective candidate for the female lead role of the Japanese drama, ‘Rainbow Rose‘.

DSP Media stated, “We have talked to the producers of ‘Rainbow Rose’ about the possibilities, but nothing has been confirmed. We are still thinking carefully about this.”

If Kang Ji Young is to be chosen as the female lead, she will be working with group Cho Shin Sung‘s member Park Gun Il. Producer Kim Soo Ryong will work with the drama and it will air on Japan’s ‘TVTokyo’.

allkpop

it's a possibility but nothing has confirmed. wondering what does jing have to say about this. she did brilliant in urakara, so this comes as a very good opportunity, as long as her schedules permit.

Wow! Jing's definitely super active this year. And apparently, super busy as well. Will she even have time to sleep anymore? With the IY2 and their upcoming Super Girl promotions plus her studies and now her first major acting role, she pretty much got everything going for her. Jing really has a bright future ahead of her. :thumbup:

I'm conflicted by this, I want her to have more activities, but the timing between each is just, almost impossible to plan, shooting drama requires super long hours, Iy2 would require alot of energy/ hard work .....

Plus there;s the super girls album promotion all within the same time frame.....

Ultimately it is Jing's decision/ DSP, if she wants to do it with all her heart, I guess I'll support her, if she doesn't take up the role, no problem, I think more opportunities would come out soon.

the question that still hasn't answered yet . .

is it a korean drama or dorama ?

if it's a dorama, why are the casts n producer all korean ?

i really, really hope it will be a dorama, n cast more japanese actors, becuz of some korean drama-haters that recently appear . .

japanese, please don't hate this one

:thumbup: :thumbup:

***JUMPS****

So a leaked production picture but no official confirmation from DSP lol, maybe DSP wants to keep it under wraps?

BUT OMG, I"M SUPER EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and she looks good with that style, geared towards their Japanese audience...

Edit: More production pictures

443089233.jpg

443089100.jpg

Credit: qwert611 at Twitter

Edited by black_green

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

KARA’s Ji Young, cast in the drama, Rainbow Rose

Girl group KARA’s Ji Young was cast in the role of heroine for the drama, Rainbow Rose.

The drama is produced by a joint production between Korea and Japan.

On November 29, a spokesperson of DSP Media said, “Ji Young was cast in the role of heroine for the drama, Rainbow Rose and has been shooting the drama in Korea.”

He added, “She has already started shooting since early in January but we have kept delayed announcing the news, because there might be a possibility to change the actress for the heroine.

The drama, , Rainbow Rose is a melodrama, which will air starting April next year. Ji Young was suggested to appear on the drama because she has gained lots of popularity in Japan.

At the end of last month, the agency said, “We are looking favorably on the suggestion that Ji Young appears on the drama. But there are no set plans for it yet.”

The agency added, “There are still other important considerations. It’s not the time to talk about it, now.”

KARA’s leader, Park Gyuri is keeping busy with her musical, 200 Pounds Beauty in Japan, as the role of heroine.

Source : Starnews

korea.com

it has been confirmed by dsp, and jing is the (main) actress. heroine? in what matter? lol

btw there's a translation error, it should read "She has already started shooting since early in November".