[2011.11.16] KARA company, starts a business partnership with Kim Suna& Kim Bum's Entertainment "To enhance their acting skills"

XXIV_VII

KkiXv.jpg

DSP media, which girl group members Kara and Rainbow are in, are now trying to get their singers to get more involved in acting/film.

DSP Entertainment has created a business friendship with King Kong entertainment, which is a company for actors/actresses, such as Kim Suna, Sung yuri, Kim bum ,and Park Minyoung.

Recently, idol members acting have been very active and so DSP Media has decided to create a partnership (with King Kong entertainment). And DSP's goal is to get Kara and Rainbow to take part in acting so that it can be their specialty (along with being a singer).

From now on, King Kong entertainment will negotiate for DSP media singers so that they can appear on dramas, movies, and etc.

http://news.nate.com/view/20111116n03478

translated by me :P

Quite impressive of DSP. It seems to me that DSP is trying harder and harder each day to hold on to their established artistes. This is a good move, it means the girls can home in on the art of acting. So this might actually mean the girls will be staying with DSP for quite a bit longer, it could also be DSP's way of holding on to them. I guess the whole controversy has been put all aside.

Thanks DSP!! Thanks for keep on improving!!

We didn't start this year in the best way but for the 2nd half of the year you're seriously making up for it :thumbup:

I don't know about Rainbow but KARA has lot of potential.. Gyul, Hammie who were child actresses, Hara got her chance but I'm looking forward for more, Jing is good too.. :rolleyes:

Wow this is big, DSP is going big time now. I think this could be a good thing for them, since gyuri and seungyeon debut as child actor, they probably are interested in doing this. And since jiyoung always has a drama, this could be good for them. And since hara had city hunter, it could improved her acting. And I think cole has a great potential to become better actresss

definitely a step up in their career.

singing and acting, they usually come together.

even if things don't go well in future, they can always stay in entertainment with acting.

i would say, dream comes true, for most of us, and for kara themselves.

btw is kingkong entertainment huge?

im glad that DSP get them a training first before accepting offers.. our girls are one of the most sought-after among idols, and i would not be surprised if offers for dramas are coming from everywhere

This is great!!! KingKong has some really popular actors such as Kim Bum, Kim Suna and Park Min Young with whom Hara did City Hunter with!!! This will give the girls more exposure and more opportunities to appear in things unrelated to being an idol and will open up a new window of fans for them. This is such a good opportunity for them because now,when a network proposes a new show and ask KingKong for an actress, they could go through the script and say "here, audition Park Min Young for the female lead, but also, we want to audition Jiyoung for the part of the bakers daughter.." or something like that and there you have it, Jiyoung could have a small part in a huge drama. Even if they are small parts, it is better than nothing, and any exposure is good exposure, and those small parts will add up over time and surely get bigger and bigger as time goes on...there will probably be a few guest appearances and small parts in some dramas and movies coming up. Nothing to big to start with. The best actors and actresses work themselves up from minor roles.

Really this is a good exposure having more of the girls acting will be exciting! Also having DSP go with different branches, from having singing,dancing,mc-ing, and now having more acting skills will be great! Also King-Kong ent looks like a good company to go to!