Kara against Wondergirls and SNSD?,

Eddie Z

ORIGINALLY posted by Kara_Hyori at KB:

ebdab390.jpg

KARA, who debuted under DSPEntertainment with which Fin.K.L has also debuted in, is back.

They were once hailed as the "2nd Fin.K.L" and will join never-ending competition of rising girl bands like SNSD and WonderGirls, after the phenomenon of the S.E.S and Fin.K.L generation in the late 1990s.

KARA told Newsen in an interview recently, "When we are in our practice room, and WonderGirls or SNSD comes out on TV, we will be lying if we say that we don't feel sore inside. We were envious of them."

Member Park GyuRi also said, "When we look at the members of two groups, we often talked about how they are like S.E.S and Fin.K.L. But we are the one who feel really sad inside since we debuted with the "second Fin.K.L" title but it was like it was like taken away again. It feels sad that we have sort of ruined the impression cast on us."

Another member Han Seung Yeon said, "But with such thoughts, we were also motivated to work harder to do better and prove ourselves. "

"We have also our specialties, and we are back to prove everyone so. WonderGirls - Sexy cuties. SNSD - Pure image. And us, we want everyone to see us as a cheerful and lively group."

CR: sookyeung @ Multiply + tealfirestar07 @ Shenyuepop

• 1 month later...

As sad as it is, I love Gyuri's comment. I know she sincerely meant what she said and I'm glad she didn't lie about them feeling hurt inside. But I'm glad they responded to it by working hard! It's paying off with the number of fans increasing, right? :lol:

I agree with their image being a "cheerful, lively girl group". That's their type of "cute girl group". While SNSD (as they said) is more of a "pure cute group" and WG is (IMHO) a regular cute girl group.

Gyuri did say they felt more comfortable with their current image and feel like they've finally found it so I'm thankful for that :D

The fact they are in the competition means they have succed !

Gyuri's comment is so sad : they must be so sad when WG & SNSD were under spootlight when they were in practice room waiting for a futur come-back who didn't seem to come.

They have worked hard and they will sur work even harder in the futur.

GO KARA !

• 3 weeks later...

for me, KARA is the best of the girl group out there today.

i love Kara because they never fail to dissapoint me with their determination.

for me, i'd say, let WG and SNSD be the next FinKL and SES, yes they can be

the second....

but KARA will be the first...of KARA.

thanks for the translations :)!

KARA has better voice compare to WG and SNSD esp when they had sung hee in it.....

but that what entertainment world work, the best not always be the most popular...

WG are so lucky to have such a good company (JYP) whose creative and know how to make a catchy song..

SNSD well i dont know what exactly make them popular, but i think it just the matter of time for our KARA to be as popular as them.....

What we can do now is just keep supporting them.....

awww and they debuted first too sad what a member change can do.. lol for wonder girls it worked wonders while for kara.. it just took them out of the limelight =( its OK YOU GUYS CAN DO IT!!!! 아자아자!

WG debuted first than KARA...what do you mean it took KARA out of the limelight? :D Hara and Jiyoung play a pretty significant role as to why KARA is way more popular now than they were before.. and Sunghee is still immensely popular now.. think of what happens when she comes back, KARA will explode :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
for me, KARA is the best of the girl group out there today.

i love Kara because they never fail to dissapoint me with their determination.

for me, i'd say, let WG and SNSD be the next FinKL and SES, yes they can be

the second....

but KARA will be the first...of KARA.

thanks for the translations :eyelove:!

i agree.. i agree.. i agree.. KARA will always be number 1 in my heart..

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i really appreciate the part where KARA truthfully states that they were envious of WG and SNSD, bcos it is impossible to be envious of them - sometimes, when i read about WG's and SNSD's successes on the net, I feel envious of them too, bcos of kara and i would be thinking "can kara achieve this as well?" and then whenever they announce that kara would be releasing a new album or whatever, i'll be desperately hoping for it to be successful and top various charts. but so far, i must admit, this wish hasnt come true. but nevertheless i'll still love kara but i'm very worried for them as to whether they can meet my own expectations.......

but i also really loved the part where they say that they want the cheerful and lively image. i'm really happy for them - after all, just bcos others call you the 2nd Fin.k.l doesnt mean you have to be one! and they dont want to "copy" wg or snsd, which is really good! they wish to have their own identity and hope that ppl would recognize it and ppl HAVE! of course, not as many as snsd/wg does, but it is already very good!!

KARA FIGHTING!! no matter how lousy ur songs may be, no matter how unsuccessful the sales of ur songs/albums may be, no matter how much others hate or dislike u, i'll always love you from the very bottom of my heart!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The girls have to hard work to compete against Wonder Girls and SNSD. Every group starts from bottom to climb up to the top. They should be able to pull through since they have shown remarkable talent in terms of individual music concept.

• 1 month later...