[2009.01.19] Big Bang's Seungri and KARA's Gu Hara: Long time hometown friends who together dreamt of being a singer.

coffeebeanie

2009011917303610021ye3.jpg

Big Bang's Seungri and KARA's Gu Hara continue their sincere friendship which started way back from their hometown.

Seungri, who has been busy with his solo activities, and Hara, who is receiving lots of love as a member of KARA, is continuing their friendship till now, which has started way back from their middle school days, back in their hometown of Gwang Ju.

The two have been close friends even before debuting, finding connection in their common dream of wanting to become a singer. Seungri and Hara, in order to be able to do well in auditions held in Gwang Ju, even enrolled in the same dance academy, spending even longer time together, which eventually led them to become even closer as friends.

Seungri's management YG Entertainment, stated that 'We know that the two are hometown friends, and they have been close even before their debuts', while on the other hand, KARA's management DSP Media said that 'Both are from Gwang Ju, who dreamt together to become a singer one day. We are aware that they went to the same dance academy.'

The two, belong to boy and girl idol groups, were able to continue their close relationship only after meeting each other again, but now as top stars. Seungri debuted in 2006 as a member of Big Bang, while Hara debuted in 2008 as one of KARA's new members.

Hara and Seungri often meet each other during programs or even backstage, and when they do, they give each other advices and encouragement. Their friendship is just the same as before - just as close and strong and they continue to be that way.

source: NEWSEN LINK thanks to anne!

translated by coffeebeanie@KARAholic CREDIT PROPERLY IF TAKING OUT. DO NOT ADD IN OR REMOVE

translators note: the article said Hara debuted in 2007. she did not. KARA debuted in 2007, but Hara debuted only in 2008. i wish korean reporters check their facts thoroughly first.

Aww, how cute. They're so cute and I'd never expect any of

Kara members to be close to one of Big Bang's members.

Before was Woo Young and now Seung Ri. Cute! Maybe they

Should do a special dance stage together xD Anyways thanks

For sharing this.

Its nice to know they didn't forget their friendship even though they are known singers now...XD

And it feels nice to meet your friends who are also singers...XD

Lucky Hara and Seungri for being friends with one another ^^

Thank you very much for the translations Tin onni ^^

even though i knew this way back when :P

aww they even wrote a article :D

you can tell they are strictly friends :)

thanks tin - lol.. i know reporters really need to check their "facts"

this is like the 3/4 time they've given out wrong info.

I know they were friends but didn't know their friendship last so long : since "middle school"

Plus I didn't know their were hometown.

It is simply great for them to be able to reach their dream both.

Friendship like that is gold !