[2009.01.19] Soshi vs. KARA: Who will win in the dance battle?

coffeebeanie

2009011917432210011us6.jpg

The two girl groups heating up the music charts this January finally battle it out.

Girls Generation, who is sweeping the music industry, and KARA, considered a hit and a girl group with a strong showing, will put their pride on the line as they engage in a dance battle.

The two girl groups will be on MBC's <Star Dance Battle> which will be shown during the holidays, and will be seeing each other on the dance floor to battle it out. The recording for this program will be today, the 19th at the MBC Dream Station.

The program's staff stated that 'Girl's Generation and KARA will battle it out on the dance floor, the pride of girl groups resting on the line. The two groups are very popular amongst male fans right now and they will not give in or yield in any way - there will be no compromise, it will really be a war out there. Everyone should anticipate what will go down'

They added 'Their charms are so different from one another and so the results will be difficult to predict, It will surely be able to entice the interest of the viewers.

Girls Generation made their comeback recently with Gee, bagging the number one spot both on the online and offline charts.

On the other hand, KARA rose to popularity, with their single <Pretty Girl> released last year amidst male top stars such as Rain, TVXQ and Big Bang dominating the music scene. This actually helped them gain more recognition as a girl idol group.

source: NEWSEN LINK thanks to anne

translated by coffeebeanie@KARAholic CREDIT PROPERLY IF TAKING OUT. DO NOT ADD IN OR REMOVE

Edited by coffeebeanie

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TING! ALL YOUR DREAMS ARE LIKE COMING TRUE!!!!

The program's staff stated that 'Girl's Generation and KARA will battle it out on the dance floor, the pride of girl groups resting on the line. The two groups are very popular amongst male fans right now and they will not give in or yield in any way - there will be no compromise, it will really be a war out there. Everyone should anticipate what will go down'

they are like implying that the dance battle will be somewhat of a war zone. lol

i cant wait to see what Kara will bring out. we all know that dsp is not the kind of company that concentrates on dancing much, and Jiyoung admitted that she sucks at dancing....:)

but still, im looking forward to this one very much cause i know the girls probably practiced hard for this. :)

i hope there's a HaCole dance duet. :D

thanks tin!

OH my goodness. To be truthful, i'm worried for Kara.

I mean i love both groups but i bet they'll have Hyo Yeon

Pop and that is definitely an advantage over Kara, since,

None of them knows how to pop. Unless Hara does and

She just doesn't have shown it. {SIGHS}, i'm scared . .

But yeah they're making it seem like a war. Come on

Nicole and Hara! Show them what you really got!

Lol. I think they're just trying to hype things up. I'm sure its just a friendly competition. And yeah, Hyoyeon is an awesome dancer, hands down. All the Soshi girls are sharp dancers. But our Kara is different - they may not be as precise or powerful, but they have that charm that we all fell in love with right? :D

I hope there's a HyoCole dance off. Lol.

OH my goodness. To be truthful, i'm worried for Kara.

I mean i love both groups but i bet they'll have Hyo Yeon

Pop and that is definitely an advantage over Kara, since,

But yeah they're making it seem like a war. Come on

Nicole and Hara! Show them what you really got!

if i remember correct Seungyeon actually knows how to "pop" lol

she stated that herself several times lol.. i remember during the Break It days

when SY and Nicole did this dance thing to intro Break It lol...

i'm not worried.. are u guys aware that the girls actually know how to

dance.. it's jut not their main focus... KARA does have good dancers..

just hope they balance them out correctly..

sy and hara both attended dance schools and with awesome nicole.. no worries

just i wished DSP did focus on dancing for all of them..

nicole finally gets to work with hyoyeon :D

totally hype.. like mkmf of '07..

my theory: same choreography and dancing together..

kinda like a collab rather than a "battle"

or one group does their thing and the other group does theirs..

thanks tin :)

i'm for a good dance battle. i like SNSD and KARA both equally. This time though I hope KARA dominates even though the chances maybe be a little slim, i can't stand reading stuck up SNSD fans(or even stuck up fans in general) brag about how the group they support dominates everything and is better than another group in anyway possible, it makes me sick. example here i hope im not breaking any rules by ranting like this, but i kind of had to just get it out because theres so many shallow people out there and i hate it -.-. anyways...

GO KARA! ^^

woahh they are REALLY hyping this up. O_O

it's kind of scary. lol. I hope no fans get too serious about this and still remember that like, the two groups are friends. :3 The whole, "pride of girl groups resting on the line" part made me go all o_0.

but i'm still excited to see this, lol (:

go go kara!

hwaiting :D

We all know how good dancers SNSD are

...don't mention Hyo Yeon and Yuri are really really great dancers.

I feel a little anxious for our KARA who until yet have not really shown their dancing skill.

Well Nicole and Hara are good dancers from what I could see until now.

I think it is a good occasion to make them show what they are able to do !

Can't wait to watch the show and Fighting KARA !

Edited by Solin

i love the last paragraph :lol:

&& my two favorite girl groups whoo! lol

i'm actually kind of scared for our girls, honestly..

not ALL snsd are good dancers.

ex. tiffany, taeyeon, sometimes sunny, sometimes seohyun

i'm really looking foward to it

KARA! ROCK YOU BOD SAY! :blushing:

OMG >_<

a dance battle ?

I'm worried too because HyoYeon is an exelant dancer so .. aiish ><

But I think our girls will show what they can to do and I'm sure they'll rock !! <33

GO GO KARA

OUR PRETTIES ARE THE BEST !!!

Thx for the translation ^o^

Edited by So-Ra

^^ oh really?! lol...

hmmm interesting lol..

but KARA's there also..

so i wonder what they'll be doing then? lol

pic of jay..

but you see sy here

but i have to admit if this article is wrong.. good lol

i don't want the girls be their punching as much as they already are doing it...

so this article is wrong? thank goodness... i seriously dont wanna see two of my fav girl groups battle it out xO and snsd has some really great dancers (yuri, hyoyeon, ect.) and i love kara too but i dont think dancing is one of their strong points.

LOL. Even if hyoyeon is great in poppin', its still depends on how the they'll use their charisma.

Remember during the 2007 mkmf dance battle? I think sun ye and nicole did better than hyoyeon coz the 2 are more charismatic.(not sue with that word. LOL) Poppin is not the best dance genre for eveybody