[2011.11.28] Kara Hopes to Focus on Acting Next Year

mae

vtW1J.jpg

It goes without saying that Kara has risen as one of the biggest power players when it comes to girl groups in the K-Pop market. They've spent a busy four years building their reputation, and now they're topping charts in both Korea and Japan.

"This year was an extremely happy year for us. We earned a lot of love in Japan and set records we never thought we'd reach. In Korea, we received so much love for our third studio album, 'Step,' which we're very grateful for. This just makes us want to work harder," Kara said.

With Hallyu growing bigger by the day, Asia seems like a small market for all of the budding artists taking a piece of the pie. As such, Kara is expanding into the North American and European market next year.

"We hope to perform in not only Asia, but in the States and Europe as well. We recently visited Australia and found more supportive fans than we had thought. We'd also like to hold our very own concert," Hara said.

Seungyeon added, "We released our 'Step' album in China and received an overwhelming response. It was moving to be so loved by so many people. We'd love to be able to formally advance into China and show what we're about."

Kara's success lies in their ability to take on any image and transform it into something all their own. A Japanese record label CEO said, "They're a girl group that turned mothers and aunts into fans along with teens."

Touching on the topic, Nicole commented, "I think Kara's girl-next-door charm works to our advantage more than anything. There is the pressure of having to show something new with each new album but I think that people generally receive us well. Through various albums, we've tried cute and sexy concepts, but I think to our fans, our cuter image is still the strongest. Kara's charm lies in our ability to pull off each new album's concept."

The reason for Kara's longevity comes from their multi-talented members. Each of the members is a multi-entertainer who can take on roles including acting in musicals, as a radio DJ, and a TV show MC on top of her singing career. Kara plans to expand on their acting careers next year.

The girls revealed, "2011 was a year where we could earn the title of 'singer,' 'radio DJ,' and 'musical actress.' In 2012, we want to work on our acting title. We were able to delve into acting a bit this year, but next year, we hope to branch out more on that."

Asked to give advice to their juniors, the group said, "We're lacking in various aspects still, but the most important thing is that we never gave up in the middle. If you work hard with one heart, we guarantee that you'll be met with positive results."

CR: SOOMPI

"We're lacking in various aspects still, but the most important thing is that we never gave up in the middle. If you work hard with one heart, we guarantee that you'll be met with positive results."

another humble yet powerful advice from the girls :) ...so proud of their achievement this year...we start this year quite rough, but ending it like a BOSS :thumbup: , hope its just gonna be bigger next year with all the plans they had

thanks for sharing the news ^_^

Is this the translated article regarding KARA going Global? I tried to read it using Google Chrome translator but I can't understand a thing. The translations are all gibberish though it's already in english so thanks so much for this. :thumbup:

*KARA feelings all over the place* ???

These girls are the definition of amazing, I am so proud to be one of their fans :") the last quote in the article, they're really humble!

About them going to debut in North America & Europe, my reaction was :o :o :o !!! From what I've been hearing, they're more popular in South America, but our girls can pull of any image whether it's cute or sexy, so I'm just going to wish all the best for them.

I hope they won't be too tired tho :) let's make next year become another great year for KARA & Kamilia!

"Kara's success lies in their ability to take on any image and transform it into something all their own."

Well said! Also, they learn everything they can (not just Japanese the language but the culture, fashion, and current teen interests [drama, songs)

IMO, to maintain curiosity in daily life guarantees a sense of fulfillment :D

We'd love to be able to formally advance into China and show what we're about.

So they may be debuting in Taiwan/China next year? If possible I'd prefer them to focus on Korea + Japan only (they're already so busy) but I guess a Chinese debut may work with the right promotions. KARA will need to work on their Chinese pronunciations though :/

On the other hand, I'm really excited for their expansion into the acting market. Hopefully they'll be able to take on tougher roles (DaHye in City Hunter was a little disappointing for me) and showcase their acting ability :thumbup:

2012 looks really promising for KARA, I can't wait :D

Hwaiting!

The reason why KARA nor the international fans didn't know about how well-received they are is because they never released anything overseas [majority].

When that STEP album drops here in the Philippines, it will chart for sure!

Acting for KARA ^^ I will be waiting patiently!

KARA always so humble T^T

wow KARA so humble, I can't wait to see you take on other countries. Defintely need a world tour and an asian tour. With them amount of money that KARA makes in japan, I think DSP would be rich now. I can't wait to see all of them in actor roles, and I guess it started with hara and now cole. I can't wait to see them on the big scene.

It's funny that this article popped up because I was just fully thinking about what their plans would and should be for the upcoming year. And my choice for them was placing their concentration on acting. Since DSP signed a contract with King Kong Entertainment it's only right that they should concentrate their attention and time towards acting, which I'm excited to see. With Hara's debut in City Hunter, JiYoung's role in an upcoming J-Drama, and now Nicole's upcoming cameo in a movie, it's only time until all five girls take over the big and small screens.

Rethinking about what it took them to get to this point of their career now, I don't think there's not much I would change for them (other than the departure of SungHee). They might have started off slow under DSP's guidance, but in the end look where it got them now; the number one K-Pop girl group in Japan! Along with numerous other titles that praised them unconditionally.

I'm excited for them to take on the world with their world tour plans. A debut in to the Chinese market is quite possible, especially since the release of Step got them a lot of attention from Taiwan, Hong Kong, and China. I'm hoping and looking forward to big things from them with their plans for international exposures.

I don't say this much, and probably many of you as well, have never really consider doing so, but I honestly want to thank DSP now for taking such good care of our girls. Though it took a bit of an "internal family squabble" to "straighten" things out, it all worked out and our girls are now at the top where they truly belong. Let's just hope that this will be a long term continuation of success and growth and not just a momentary lapse of interest.

^

so far everything is encouraging and more hard work ahead.

to perform not only in asia (like china) but in states and europe too? and to branch out more into acting?

i hope they don't mean all in 2012. what i'm saying is the road is long so one step at a time. the success may arrive faster than anyone can expect but it may well not too. at the end of the day, even if it doesn't come your way, it's really deemed a success when you have made the first step to try.

and if i can, i hope they will focus on music first before acting etc because everything else can wait..

To me, acting is a good step for KARA. All of them have acting gig on their belt now (Gyul and Hammie as child actresses, Hara with City Hunter, Cole with My Way, Jing with her new drama). Being able to expand in acting will show a different side of the girls.

But more than anything, I really want them to have their solo concert. It's really about time DSP gives them that.

Love their advice to the juniors. Always the humble KARA from debut 'til now. They've gone thru many rough times but they didn't quit nor did DSP quit on them.

When I heard about the effort for UKISS coz they'd be disbanded since they haven't won anything for 3 years, I realize that I'm thankful that DSP didn't leave our girls to the dust when Sunghee left. And also thankful that the girls decided to stay together. And for all the Kamilia who support them to reach this point.

Edited by iammai

That was so touchy.. Ihope that all their wishes will come true..and hope that 2012 be more sucessful for them..

I really want to see them in acting field and i will support them..

But im bet sad cuz acting means more time will take from them that they will be more more busier ..and if they guessted on a program they cant come as 5 it would be one of them acting...

I hope they can first focus on they group and to have a tour to gain more fans that can support them whenever they go ;-)

Edited by hollyh

:crying: this is so beautiful! I think part of the reason as to why peopl think Kara is not "top girl group" is because Kara doesn't have the arrogance. They kinda put themselves down in a way, and they have low expectations for themselves...it's kinda sad but also kinda good to see. Kara is a HUGE power player, more-so than most intl fans give them credit for.

Kara might have gone about success in the slow way but it has definitely been the steady way, and slow and steady wins the race! I think Kara's longevity is going to come from this slow and steady pace. The girls are still young and they can achieve alot more in the future. They don't have to do everything in 2012; I would prefer for them to continue to work on singing and dancing and to maybe have a concert and maybe towards the end of 2012 start thinking about how to prepare for Taiwan/China debut. Around 2013 I would like for Kara to be able to have an Asia wide concert!

I hope they are ready to be busier than ever! The life of a top artist requires top artist work and top artist hours! But I'm sure they are mentally preparing themselves. You can't have aspirations as large as theirs and not know all the effort that will have to go into it!

WOW. They are planning on taking on the world. That's a big step, I know they have the drive and the energy. I just hope the world is ready for them. It will surely require a lot of work and start singing in English.

One thing I know for sure. We will ALL be behind them in their efforts. Can we really imgine them becoming a global group? Lol. That'll be someting.

Awww, I think the girls have done a wonderful job since their debut! Even though people

don't acknowledge them like we fans do, I hope they continue to feel confident. We love them

for their wonderful personalities and hard work. Everything they do, comes out fantastic!

I am so ready for 2012! Whatever Kara decides to do, I'm with them till the end (:

goodluck!! i know you will succeed because you're really working hard.. just don't overwork yourselves.. your health should always be your top priority.. and stay humble as you always are.. we are always here to support you.. Kara and Kamilia, fighting!! :)