[Other] 111130 Kohaku Press Conference

red4summer

[c] kpoplovekara

[c] withkara9

Kara will appear on NHK’s Kohaku Uta Gassen, the best Japanese music festival

Kara will make an appearance in NHK’s Kohaku Uta Gassen, a big year end music event.

On November 30 at 4:00 p.m at Sibuya NHK Hall in Tokyo, Japan, Kara appeared at the press report conference of 62nd Kohaku Uta Gassen, and confirmed their appearance at Kohaku Uta Gassen. The press report conference was for the first seven teams that will appear on the show. Only Kara’s Park Gyuri, Goo Hara and Nicole attended the conference because Hang Seung Yeon and Nicole were busy recording for other shows.

Kara was the first to enter the conference room, and they were asked the most questions throughout the conference. Park Gyuri revealed, “We are glad to be the first to appear. When I heard about it through the phone, I was surprised. It was a dream to appear on the show when we first debuted in Japan. We will try our best to give the best performance.”

When the popular child actress and singer Ashida Mana was asked, “We heard that you are a fan of Kara, do you plan on dancing with them on the show?” She replied, “I would love to if I get the chance.” Park Gyuri also said, “I hope we can perform together.”

When Goo Hara was asked how she thinks about this year and what her plans are for next year, she said, “It was a happy year. I think I’ll be busy again next year. I hope that many Japanese people cheer up after listening to Kara’s songs.”

Every year, Kohaku Uta Gassen is held on December 31 at Sibuya NHK Hall, and is broadcast live on NHK. Only the most talented and successful singers are able to attend this show. It is very popular in Japan. Back in 1960s, it achieved 80% of the viewing audience. Kohaku Uta Gassen is the end-year feast of Japan and is still keeping 40% viewer ratings.

Female artists are in the red team, and the male artists are in the white team. They will compete against each other by singing, playing an instrument, and performance. Kara is the first girl group and Korean artist to appear on the show after TVXQ who appeared in 2009.

Source: Star Daily News

Korea.com

• 1 month later...