[2011.12.01] KARA in music awards: Best treated in Japan vs. poorly treated in Korea

chupachups

sometimes an award is not to prove that i'm the best but an appreciation of what i did.

i'm sure the girls will love to receive one in front of their family and friends.

I'm sure the girls would love to receive one also, it's just that, in Korea awards don't even stand for "appreciation of what I did" it's more just "you have a huge fan club willing to vote one zillion times and buy 500k copies of your album even though it did horrible digitally and was panned by the critics" or "you came back at the last minute and only released one song, but you are already really popular so we will give you the artist of the year award"

I REALLY DO hope Kara gets appreciated for all their hard-work for once, but at this point, I'm done with the K-Award industry. They cater to the Big 3 companies because those are the companies with the more irrational and overly competitive fans who WILL complain and make a big deal about the results-they have the numbers and with the help of the companies, the power to basically bully these award shows into giving the same artist the same awards year after year. While as Kamila we may see the award as "appreciation for KARA's hard work" the other fanclubs see it as proof that their bias group is #1. That is what awards mean to them, even though that is honestly not what awards in the musical sense mean.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes yes..when i start to be a fan of them at the very beginning of 2010. there were not many supporters nor recognition. But who cares as long as I love KARA, how they attracted me... :eyelove::thumbup:

I'm seriously thankful, glad, and happy to see how Japanese fans are so kind-hearted to give them so much love :crying::wub:

Kara and kamilia , please stay down to earth.. :lol:

Well, I guess it's quite difficult for our bbs to win any awards in Korea.. no worries, coz they're always winners to us coz they always give their best and throught thick and thin, they will persevere.

But I do get pissed off, when KARA are treated wonderfully in Japan and some antis rant abt how they don't deserve it, how XX group also became a success in Japan, how XXX group is more deserving, etc etc... GTFO!!

Our bbs hv worked hard to get where they are... even if they don't hv awards to show for it, they'll hv the 'love and support' from fans in Japan, Korea and all around the globe..

:angry:

I'm done with the K-Award industry

and your "Black-tie" MAMA (posted elsewhere). lolol

borrowing what you said earlier, the continuing rise of invitations to tv shows and endorsement deals are definitely some of the areas where they measure the magnitude of kara success. from the look of it, their dreams of appearing on small/big screens are soon to be fulfilled. all korean households may have to get used in seeing kara girls on varitey shows, dramas, cfs frequently. as for the big local fanbase, we can wish it gets strength someday, mainly it's essential for moral support, and probably practical help in terms of sale but definitely not to exist for those voting systems. hahah.

hmm... when i read this article, suddenly a word comes to my mind, "ironic". :mellow:

all of us know how they were treated in both countries, and this is make me think that there is so much conspiracy in entertainment world that we don't know.

as a fan, somewhat its quite irritating looking our girls treated like that, maybe we will say, "are you blind or what?!". But as an entertainment lovers and common people, i think it just normal if such a thing happen, because that how this world goes, everyone have their "order of importance". I have ever read a book that says, "honesty is something stupid in this world". well, i hope what the book says is totally wrong. B)

anyway, i just want to to say, lets learn from the girls humbleness and modesty. :)

at a time like these, i'm sure that the family, friends, and fan support will be more encouraging.

KARA Fighting!!

Kamilia Fighting!!

and your "Black-tie" MAMA (posted elsewhere). lolol

borrowing what you said earlier, the continuing rise of invitations to tv shows and endorsement deals are definitely some of the areas where they measure the magnitude of kara success. from the look of it, their dreams of appearing on small/big screens are soon to be fulfilled. all korean households may have to get used in seeing kara girls on varitey shows, dramas, cfs frequently. as for the big local fanbase, we can wish it gets strength someday, mainly it's essential for moral support, and probably practical help in terms of sale but definitely not to exist for those voting systems. hahah.

:lol2: lol you should ignore my posts. I'm dramatic all the timesometimes! I of course want KARA to win things, but I guess I'm just unwilling to hold my breath for the Korean Music Award industry :lol: so yea, I agree completely with what you just said about everything! As long as Kara are successful, I am happy, no award can take their success from them. They are a big name, and that's all that matters.

:lol2: lol you should ignore my posts. I'm dramatic all the timesometimes! I of course want KARA to win things, but I guess I'm just unwilling to hold my breath for the Korean Music Award industry :lol: so yea, I agree completely with what you just said about everything! As long as Kara are successful, I am happy, no award can take their success from them. They are a big name, and that's all that matters.

in today tv animal farm, ham revealed that her wish for the remaining year is to win a year-end musical award.

be it in korea or japan, i hope to see it happens; seeing the girls to be called upon stage to receive what they deserved.

they have grown and learnt a lot in 2011 and for various reasons, we will definitely remember 2011.

they opened 2011 with a bang, and hopefully they will end it with another one, louder. :)

It's only natural to want to be recognized in the form of an award from the music industry, but if things are the way described here, then only a miracle would get KARA an award, especially when the playing field is not level at all (everything biased in favor of the big companies w all the power) The girls probably know all this. i just hope they can get some form of an award in Japan. That would be the best bet. But, award or not award the truth is that KARA's star is shining brighter every day and maybe, just maybe those in charge of the industry awards would come to their senses, even if they have to be dragged kicking and screaming.

This is completely true, I know (as you say) that this treatment difference in both countries is sad BUT we all Kamilias should be proud of our lovely five.

Even if KARA doesn't get any awards I know for fact that we, Kamilias, will always support'em! Besides I've noticed that our girls are more appreciated by people of other countries.

Let's not be stressed by the amount of awards that our lovely girls have, we better just keep sending the our love and support and Im sure big things will happen not only in Japan but in other countries as well (including Korea) :D

STEP IT UP KARA'S 5 SUPER GIRLS & KAMILIA! FIGHTING!

I can obviously see that. KARA big break started happening when they step foot onto Japan. KARA do won awards before in Korea even though they are not the very big names award. Still an award is an award regardless how small it is. One of those award is their Lupin comeback last year as well as the "Step" win at music bank. Things does not have to be very big to be important. The little things do count too.

Looking at it KARA really work very hard back in Korea. For their work they did not get as much in return as compared to Japan. I think it is alright. They got what they needed from Japan. For me, I personally felt that the best award for KARA is our hearts that we have given to them rather than "awards". I remember how Seung Yeon cried when she saw a huge crowd waiting and supporting her and the other girls. This was after the Kara break up crisis. It was it tear dropping moment for me to. It is so good to know that someone is just there. At the end of the day, it falls down to how many peoples' heart KARA can touch. I am sure they are succeeding in that and getting better at it each day. :)

Edited by Palaverist

KARA will always be under-appreciated in their home country. That's the story of their career. Even if numerous domestic studies, polls, records, sales, monetary worth, brand name recognition, etc. prove that they are in the top 3 girl group, the music industry (read: award show producers and kpop fans) will only recognize them as lower half of top 5 or top 10.

Sad, but true. I also wonder why Kara is always under-appreciated in Korea. For God's sake, they are definitely better (and more professional!) than other groups who won awards in those lame, biased award shows, yet all they get is a nomination. Geez.

Thank God for J-Kamilias. At least they appreciate Kara the right way.

That's just sad.... I'm so into Jpop and that's how I have known KARA. I thought they were doing as well or even better there in Korea.

Reading this post is just heartbreaking =/

I don't know how big the awards are in Korea or to KARA so I can't really say they don't need one.

KARA is loved in the Japan and that's just amazing.

They also have their International fans which is us ^_^ supporting them.

FNS 2011 screencap. (I would post these in photo forum but I don't have access yet to post there.) This showcases how well they are treated in Japan.

vlcsnap-2011-12-09-00h02m03s110.pngvlcsnap-2011-12-08-23h59m41s225.pngvlcsnap-2011-12-08-23h58m15s132.pngvlcsnap-2011-12-08-23h58m12s107.pngvlcsnap-2011-12-08-23h57m07s223.pngvlcsnap-2011-12-08-23h57m05s201.pngvlcsnap-2011-12-08-23h54m02s165.pngvlcsnap-2011-12-08-23h54m01s150.pngvlcsnap-2011-12-08-23h53m58s126.pngvlcsnap-2011-12-08-23h53m43s228.pngvlcsnap-2011-12-08-23h53m42s221.pngvlcsnap-2011-12-08-22h36m50s178.pngvlcsnap-2011-12-08-22h36m49s168.pngvlcsnap-2011-12-08-22h36m48s160.pngvlcsnap-2011-12-08-22h36m48s151.pngvlcsnap-2011-12-08-22h36m46s138.pngvlcsnap-2011-12-08-22h36m44s118.pngvlcsnap-2011-12-08-22h36m44s110.png

Kara is in the top left corner. There are two stages facing each other so if you in front of one of the stage then you would be at the back of another.

vlcsnap-2011-12-08-22h34m35s109.png

vlcsnap-2011-12-08-22h34m32s75.png

vlcsnap-2011-12-08-22h34m17s186.pngvlcsnap-2011-12-08-22h31m33s75.pngvlcsnap-2011-12-08-22h31m33s73.pngvlcsnap-2011-12-08-22h31m32s68.pngvlcsnap-2011-12-08-22h31m32s62.pngvlcsnap-2011-12-08-22h31m31s59.pngvlcsnap-2011-12-08-22h29m45s24.pngvlcsnap-2011-12-08-22h29m30s127.pngvlcsnap-2011-12-08-22h23m58s18.pngvlcsnap-2011-12-08-21h49m36s254.pngvlcsnap-2011-12-08-21h46m16s37.pngvlcsnap-2011-12-08-21h45m35s143.pngvlcsnap-2011-12-08-21h45m29s87.pngvlcsnap-2011-12-08-21h45m28s68.pngvlcsnap-2011-12-08-21h18m17s146.pngvlcsnap-2011-12-08-21h18m15s126.pngvlcsnap-2011-12-08-21h16m14s198.pngvlcsnap-2011-12-08-21h16m12s181.pngvlcsnap-2011-12-08-21h16m10s154.pngvlcsnap-2011-12-08-21h15m24s209.pngvlcsnap-2011-12-09-00h05m41s240.png

As you can see, through out the show the audience switch seats but, as far as I can tell, Kara were in the front. They also went from front of one stage to another.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah.. I kind of agree, I so thought they were going to get at least one award from MAMA because I was so sure that Step did really well. Anyways, glad they are loved so much be Japanese fans. To be honest, I don't know why but when I first saw or heard of KARA(while they were promoting Rock You) I thought they were a Japanese girl group

Glad that they finally mentioned it, the girls really deserve an award of some kind in Korea.

Thinking about it, this is the exact opposite for the Wonder Girls, they get treated poorly in the US, but treated really good in Korea, even after leaving Korea for 2 years. >.<