[2011.12.01] KARA in music awards: Best treated in Japan vs. poorly treated in Korea

chupachups

Ah.......the award shows in Korea..........what can I say except that these awards are mostly "bought"??

It's ridiculously obvious since we have all heard that scary companies like SM ent etc. exist who will threaten many people if a certain group from their company don't get an award...

Now even if I have not "heard", I have at least been puzzled too many times by those award outcomes to think that these awards are fair at all.

One of my Korean friends told me that's how most media related things are done in Korea.........the country's media is much more willing to be "selective" in comparison to the media of north america.

Anyways, I think KARA tends to have more sensible and normal fans who would not go buy say..10 copies of their CD each and do crazy multiple votings on various sites --> which is why KARA is quite unlikely to win against those groups with more of a fanatic fan base...*cough* that other girl group *cough*.

So yes, I love how Japan is treating our KARA girls! It seems that Japan's entertainment world has much more "fair" systems when under the spotlight.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Well, being cold and just looking numbers, it's better for KARA to be better treated in Japan than Korea. Well, Japanese market is 10-20 times bigger than Korea's one, so it's better for KARA.

BUT, being so well treated in a foreign country and in your homeland you're treated as nobody is really hard to deal with.

My explanation for this is as everbody here explanations: the company power. In my point of view, SNSD and KARA have the same music quality and talent, but the first one belongs to the Big3 and second, to a good but not big company. In Korea, it seems that SNSD is invencible and KARA is just known. But if you see in Japan, the reality is that both of them competes at the same level in popularity.

On my point of view, we can see the reak truth in Japan's market. Although, KARA started in Korea and I prefer their korean's songs

• 2 months later...

It's just that.. there's a lot of new groups debuting in korea (even the absurd really young groups *cough*)

Hopefully 2012 will bring them lots of big awards in Korea. and get treated even better.