[2011.11.30] KARA - The "Best Dressed in Kpop"

red4summer

KARA To Be Honored At Fashion Awards In Japan

Girl group KARA, who continue to sweep great popularity in Japan's music industry, has recognized through another field and will be honored at a fashion awards ceremony in Japan tonight.

On November 30th, DSP Media announced the KARA member Park Gyuri, Goo Hara and Nicole will attend the ceremony for the 2011 Best Dressed Award in Japan which will take place at the Cerulean Tower Tokyo Hotel in Tokyo tonight.

Best Dressed Award which was first established in 1972 by the Japanese Men's Fashion Association, acknowledges celebrities with the best fashion sense. Former winners of the award include popular Japanese stars such as Namie Omura, Hamasaki Ayumi and Hirai Ken.

Adding up to KARA's overflowing achievements, the group will be the second Korean celebrity to receive the award following Hallyu star Bae Yongjoon who claimed the honor back in 2004.

Meanwhile, KARA set a new record on Oricon Chart and has become the top selling foreign female group. The group also been nominated for the most coveted Excellence Award at the 53rd Japan Record Awards which will take place on December 30th.

Source: 10asia

Credit: DKpopNews

KARA wins the Japanese ‘Best Dressed’ International Prize

KARA will receive the ‘Best Dressed’ International category prize at the ’2011 Best Dressed Awards’, which will be held on November 30 at 6:35 p.m. in Japan, run by the Japan Fashion Association.

Bae Yong Joon won the prize in 2004 and KARA will be the second Korean prize winner after 7 years.

KARA’s Han Seung Yeon and Kang Jiyoung will not able to attend the ceremony due to other scheduled events. Park Gyuri, Goo Hara, and Nicole will attend the ceremony.

The ceremony has been held since 1972 and it is well known for its authoritative and traditional prizes. Many popular Japanese singers, including Amuro Namie, Hamasaki Ayumi, and Hirai Ken, and many other celebrities have received the prize.

KARA’s Super Girl, which was released on November 23, ranked 1st on the Oricon December 5 weekly album chart recording 275,206 album sales.

A spokesperson for KARA says, “The album ranked first on the Oricon weekly chart. Their Korean album and their first album Girl Talk ranked 2nd during the first week of the album’s release. 480 thousand copies have been sold so far and we are expecting more album sales later.”

Source: TV Report

Credit: Korea.com

kara1b.jpgkara6.jpg

kara2z.jpgkara3.jpg

kara4y.jpgkara5s.jpg

kara7.jpgkara8.jpgkara9p.jpg

[c] qwert611@twitter

with this award, i think they will be more stressed at the airport now. lol

ps both kara and supernova won and were awarded as best dressed in the kpop category.

they look so PRETTY wow...congrats Kara!!!<3 yay!!!!!

i think that they look gorgeous..and i think that the best dresses was Goo Hara.. well thats my opinion!! :sweatdrop: teehee :blink:

i think that they look gorgeous..and i think that the best dresses was Goo Hara.. well thats my opinion!! :sweatdrop: teehee :blink:

i am sorry that i posted twice...uh...stupid..me :confused1::blush::ph34r:

Eacctly. I think at the airport really is soooo burdening. Sigh, we're there to take a plane off to another country for work.Taking the plane should be such a relaxing moment. Why is it that even artists have to feel so pressurized taking the plane?