[2009.01.20] Kara's Han Seungyeon: The Truth behind her "Perfect Student" adventures in America

tinggg

2s0y5wo.jpg

Kara's Han Seungyeon's experiences in America have been getting a lot of attention lately.

Seungyeon told MoneyToday, "I went to study abroad in America in middle school and attended New Jersey's Tenafly High School for a year and a half. I didn't graduate from Tenafly--I wanted to become a singer so I came back to Korea before graduating. What people think about me having great English is not true," she added with a laugh.

Tenafly High School is not just a famous school in New Jersey, but all of America.

DSP said, "After returning from attending high school in America, she graduated high school in Korea and passed her exams. Last year she entered Kyunghee University, studying acting."

Han Seungyeon, along with Kara members Park Gyuri, Koo Hara, Jung Nicole and Kang Jiyoung are garnering a lot of popularity through their 2nd mini album's title song "Pretty Girl." Following the new year's, they will begin promoting their song "Honey."

*Note: Original phrase used to describe her was "Um Chin Ddal", short for "Mom's Friend's Daughter," which is a popular phrase used to refer to that perfect student that your parents always compare you to since they get such good grades. Thus it's been translated to "Perfect Student" :D

Link: http://star.moneytoday.co.kr/view/stview.p...1&outlink=1

Tip-Off: Anne

Translated by: Tinggg @ KARAholic

Take out with full credits. Do Not add in or remove anything else!

Edited by anne

i think sy meant like perfect conversation XD..

anyways.. wow from a prestigious high school to a prestigious college :D

but this the first time she's ever been interviewed about this..

really nice to hear from her own mouth though :)

thanks tinggg :D

honey..?

erghh! but oh well

i'm looking foward to it..

i really hope they cut out nicoles say "ah, oh, ho, etc"

cause thats the ONLY reason why i dont like it

other than that..i think its actually okay :D

--sorry..edit--

ahh i just remembered nicole raps in it!!

whoo! now i'm definately okay w/ them promoting honey! :)

does hara && jiyoung have alot of lines in it though?

Edited by SushiRiceChopstix

Woots famous school in all of america???? DAMN...

She went to america in her middle school time... hmmm... is this mean that she stay there for more than 0ne and a half years????

SY really intense on pursue her singing dream... thanks god she has her parents support for this...

Wonder what korean high school did sy attend.. and did she also receive the dsp's training in this time???

Thank you for the translation !

I find that Seung Yeon has a good level in english.

I didn't knwo she left America before being graduated just for realizing her dream.

She really knows what she wants : I like this kind of determinated person.

thank you!!!!! <3333

omg, so excited to hear it XD finally another single song is chosen to continue the promotion! XD Honey is my fav too, awesome awesome :D:P

i love the interview, i love all the interviews not referred to their profession haha~

Seungyeon`s self comment on her ENglish is too cute XD

lol seungyeon's english is great :P..i like it when nicole and SY are speaking english... becaus... well i can understand them.. kekekeke

i just remember it was a high school where wealthy kids went lol

this was right when KARA debuted somebody said that on the soompi ..

but i guess if you live where she lived.. you would know the school? haha

I remember watching SGB and wondering why Seungyeon's English was so good. I think she's just being modest, her English is pretty good for only being there for a short while. :P If I was placed in Korea for two years, I would barely learn anything :lol:

I want to go to her old high school and look in the yearbook for her picture. :lol:

omg SY with black hair~ i miss it, lol.

studying acting!

DSP should put her in a movie :3

or let her act in one.

ohh only for a year and a half.

hha i can see her as the adorable fobby smart girl (:

YEAH so agree with u... SY should try Acting either on darama or movie.. but it would be great if she do movie instead...

And i want her to act a different character from her cuteness image... A nerdy would be good... LOL..

Following the new year's, they will begin promoting their song "Honey."

ZOMG, YES! FINALLY~

I've been waiting for them to promote their other songs which are all equally AWESOME (: Can't wait. Anyway, no wonder SY's so good at MC-ing! I hope they showcase her acting skills, that'd be so great. I'm spazzing over how they'll promote "Honey" zomgzomgzomgsqueee!

Edited by AnnLovesKara