• Announcements

• r0naLd222

Looking for GFX Peepz!   10/18/2016

Karaholic needs GFX (Graphic Artists). If you are interested, please message me or @flamestalker , @Yongery or @Lupang
    • flamestalker

[NEW] Member Solo Activities Subforums!   03/11/2017

Hey Karaholic! Since all of the members are now with different agencies, we thought it'd be appropriate to create new subforums so members can stay in touch with their activities. Please try to post here from now on with future updates and events.  Here are the new subforums we've created:
      Park Gyuri: http://www.karaholic.com/forums/index.php?/forum/158-park-gyuri-solo-activities-motion-media/
      Han Seungyeon: http://www.karaholic.com/forums/index.php?/forum/159-han-seungyeon-solo-activities-jwide/
      Goo Hara: http://www.karaholic.com/forums/index.php?/forum/157-goo-hara-solo-activities-keyeast/
      Jung Nicole: http://www.karaholic.com/forums/index.php?/forum/160-jung-nicole-solo-activities-b2m/
      Kang Jiyoung: http://www.karaholic.com/forums/index.php?/forum/161-kang-jiyoung-solo-activities-sweetpower/ For Youngji, we've opted to leave the forum as is as she is still with DSP Media.  Thanks for your attention, hope you continue to drop by and visit.. new members and old! 

-KH Staff
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
red4summer

[2011.12.22] Kara rolls up their sleeves for Korean education

38 posts in this topic

45254363.jpg

Kara set out to teach overseas fans Korean language.

An application for Korean language education was launched under the name of Korea’s top girl group Kara, which is the result of the joint work between Kara’s agency DSP Media and Cowon, Korea’s leading MP3 player manufacturer. The app was designed to educate Korean expressions and words required for travel to Korea.

About 400 expressions categorized in greeting, meeting, transportation, shopping, restaurant and hotel are excitingly taught by Kara’s five members.

Learners through the app will definitely feel to be taught by Kara’s members in person, not only listening to their voices but also watching their video images. For effective learning, the app also features professional voice actor’s pronunciation. In addition, it offers interesting features such as a quiz game along with Kara and bookmark function to make learning Korean fun and exciting.

The Kara’s app is put on sale in Korea at the same time to help users across the world freely communicate with the app through pen pal and automatic translation functions.

Source: Starnews

Translated: Korea.com

22290665.jpg

Kara to Teach Korean Through New Smartphone Application

Kara will be using their global superstar status to teach the Korean language through their latest smartphone application, “Kara’s Korean Vacation.”

The application was co-produced by the famous mp3 player production company Cowon and DSP Media to teach fans of Korean language and culture, including everything they need to know when traveling in Korea. Lessons include vocabulary and conversational phrases used for greetings, transportation, shopping, eating, and finding housing, which amounts to a total of 400 different lessons all taught by the members themselves.

To help make the lessons easier, it also features many images and personal recordings as well as a comparison recording by professional pronunciation experts to give fans the information they need on the spot. Kara will also be taking quizzes with you so that you’re never alone on the path to language mastery.

The application will be released simultaneously in Korea and overseas with a special penpal option that allows fans all over the world to connect and practice their Korean together.

Credit: animalcrackers

Tip: Korea.com

[c] COWONSYSTEMS

awwww i really want to buy this... is it going to be pricey~~

Baby KARA jjang~~

Wow...gotta get this app ..Who would not want KARA as teachers ...lol :eyelove:

wahhh! i want it! i want it!

my korean learning will be more effective and efficient if KARA is my teacher!

i can definitely score with flying colours! :thumbup:

woah thats so cool :D !

i want to learn korean, and even more if its from Kara :) !!

I just bought it, it only have korean and japanese :( There is 2 version though, 1 for korean to learn japanese, the other is for japanese to learn korean

Hope that they release an english version

I hope they release one aimed at the english speaking market too! I would definitely buy that.

Wow this app sounds awesome! Is it for iPhone only tho?

"not only listening to their voices but also watching their video images."

Oh I always love their voices when narrating in variety shows and such...

Aw, too bad it's for Korean-Jap only ): I hope they release one for English speakers!

They are my motivation to learn some Korean education!

:thumbup: wow i love it i gotta have the app they work so much and now they are teachers hehe hope for more

I want this app !

Except for the fact that it's japanese,

And I don't have an iphone :crying:

Edited by _Onyeonee

Awwwwww I really want to buy this.But since I don't I don't know anything about online shopping,it looks like I won't have it.But I hope many people buy it.

It's going to be so much fun learning Korean with kara!!!

Too bad I don't have any money....

but if I did....

:jogging:

If they released a version in English I would definitely buy it.

This is from someone who has never bought an app. Ever

Oh damn I was all excited but too bad there's no English version. :crying: Nicole help us out here! :gemhyper: I'm not even into phone apps but I would totally shell out for this one.

AHahaasss, sounds like an awesome app =] I would love to be taught by them as well but I don't think I can afford to buy it yet.. sighss

Well, I started learning Korean two months ago (had to put French and Italian on hold, lol) all because of KARA for I want to understand them in their own language, excepting Nicole, of course. I hope they bring this out in Korean-English soon or I have to get this version. I want to learn Japanese too. That'll be like five languages already,lol. I also know Spanish. I can already have a mini conversation in Korean. Have you have lunch? Ha ha or shileshiman??? I cannot write it just talk. anghigeseoh. Something like that. Bye.

this app works on any smart phone right? I wish they could release an english version of it (since the app says for international fans right?). I'd definitely purchase that no matter what the cost. But for the Korean-Jap version, for those who already bought it, is it that much pricey? And can someone share a review regarding the app? Thanks! ^_^

This is so AWESOME! i hope they release an English version of this app!!

*imagines KARA as teachers* Woah! just great!! :D

Please, please, please DSP make an English version! i wanna learn Korean!! TT_TT

Anyways KARA JJANG!

I. WANT. THAT. APP. *_* I'll definitely learn Korean in no time lol. :333333333