[2011.12.22] Kara rolls up their sleeves for Korean education

red4summer

45254363.jpg

Kara set out to teach overseas fans Korean language.

An application for Korean language education was launched under the name of Korea’s top girl group Kara, which is the result of the joint work between Kara’s agency DSP Media and Cowon, Korea’s leading MP3 player manufacturer. The app was designed to educate Korean expressions and words required for travel to Korea.

About 400 expressions categorized in greeting, meeting, transportation, shopping, restaurant and hotel are excitingly taught by Kara’s five members.

Learners through the app will definitely feel to be taught by Kara’s members in person, not only listening to their voices but also watching their video images. For effective learning, the app also features professional voice actor’s pronunciation. In addition, it offers interesting features such as a quiz game along with Kara and bookmark function to make learning Korean fun and exciting.

The Kara’s app is put on sale in Korea at the same time to help users across the world freely communicate with the app through pen pal and automatic translation functions.

Source: Starnews

Translated: Korea.com

22290665.jpg

Kara to Teach Korean Through New Smartphone Application

Kara will be using their global superstar status to teach the Korean language through their latest smartphone application, “Kara’s Korean Vacation.”

The application was co-produced by the famous mp3 player production company Cowon and DSP Media to teach fans of Korean language and culture, including everything they need to know when traveling in Korea. Lessons include vocabulary and conversational phrases used for greetings, transportation, shopping, eating, and finding housing, which amounts to a total of 400 different lessons all taught by the members themselves.

To help make the lessons easier, it also features many images and personal recordings as well as a comparison recording by professional pronunciation experts to give fans the information they need on the spot. Kara will also be taking quizzes with you so that you’re never alone on the path to language mastery.

The application will be released simultaneously in Korea and overseas with a special penpal option that allows fans all over the world to connect and practice their Korean together.

Credit: animalcrackers

Tip: Korea.com

[c] COWONSYSTEMS

Well, I started learning Korean two months ago (had to put French and Italian on hold, lol) all because of KARA for I want to understand them in their own language, excepting Nicole, of course. I hope they bring this out in Korean-English soon or I have to get this version. I want to learn Japanese too. That'll be like five languages already,lol. I also know Spanish. I can already have a mini conversation in Korean. Have you have lunch? Ha ha or shileshiman??? I cannot write it just talk. anghigeseoh. Something like that. Bye.

this app works on any smart phone right? I wish they could release an english version of it (since the app says for international fans right?). I'd definitely purchase that no matter what the cost. But for the Korean-Jap version, for those who already bought it, is it that much pricey? And can someone share a review regarding the app? Thanks! ^_^