How to Recognize KARA Voices??

HI MY FELLOW KAMILIA..

THIS IS MY FIRST TOPIC THAT I REALLY WANT TO SHARE WITH ALL OF KAMILIA..

I'M NOT REALLY ACTIVE IN POSTING MY COMMENTS..BUT ONE THING THAT CATCH MY ATTENTION IS THEIR VOICES WHICH I CAN RECOGNIZE BASED ON CERTAIN CRITERIA:

SOLO PART:SEUNGYEON=GYURI>NICOLE=JIYOUNG>HARA

LOW NOTES:SEUNGYEON>GYURI=JIYOUNG=NICOLE>HARA

RAP: NICOLE>GYURI=HARA>JIYOUNG>SEUNGYEON

HIGH NOTES:GYURI>NICOLE=SEUNGYEON=JIYOUNG>HARA

CHORUS:SEUNGYEON=HARA=JIYOUNG>GYURI=NICOLE

THIS IS JUST FROM MY OBSERVATION AND GUESS..PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG.. :sweatdrop:

I'M REALLY LOOKING FORWARD FOR YOUR RESPONSES.. :rolleyes:

IDK..IF THIS TOPIC HAD BEEN SHARED BEFORE OR MAYBE SOME KIND OF REDUNDANT AND OVERLAPPING WITH OTHER TOPICS AS I'M NOT FULLY AWARE WITH ALL THE TOPICS BEEN DISCUSSED HERE.

SO, KINDLY PLEASE REMOVE THIS TOPIC IF IT ALREADY DISCUSSED..TQ :sweatdrop:

HAVE A NICE DAY!! :thumbup1:

LOVE KARA!!

LOVE KAMILIA!!

• 3 weeks later...

gyuri - sounds like honey sweetness.

seungyeon - sounds really feminine and girly

nicole - strong voice but bouncy

hara - mellow and cool

jiyoung - full of cuteness.

I don't know how to explain it...... lol.

Kara is one of the few that I can instantly tell whose voice are where.

For less subjective ways to recognise their voices, I think:

• Gyuri's is slightly nasal (which makes it all cute and sweet :D)
  • Hara's is "airy"
  • Nicole's has got some sort of accent on it

But yeah, since Gyuri, Seungyeon and Nicole are the main vocals, they sing a large part of each of their songs.

Edited by blow_fly98

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gyuri's voice is very unique, it's the first voice I could distinguish from the others. Jiyoung has a very cute voice that somehow sounds a bit child-like and very sweet at the same time. These are the only ones I can differentiate, maybe sometimes I can hear Nicole and Seung Yeon's voice. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

honey_hara.kara5ever

honestly i didn't really understand the chart u made :sweatdrop:

as how to distinguish the voice. it's kinda hard, the problem is most of KARA's songs didn't "support" it. GyulGool is the easiest one. cole sometimes are easy to spot yet sometimes her voice is similar with seungyeon.

my advice would be try to listen carefully to their perf a lot.. at first it's kinda hard for me too, but currently i'm able to distinguish all 5 of their voices easily :) all 5 of them have these unique sounds to their voices~

try to listen their special perf, such as radio perf, music travel lalala, immortal songs.

i can recognize Gyuri, Hara and Nicole voice easily but kinda mixed up with Seungyeon and Jiyoung voice...because both of them has quite same voice...but if you listen carefully you can detected a difference between Seungyeon and Jiyoung voice...just listen to many3 Kara song in their album...it help you to recognize each others voice :)

i had a hard time too to recognize their voice...

gyuri is the easiest one because her voice is the most unique than the others

nicole should be easy to notice too since her voice is softer than jiyoung and hara imo...

but sometimes seung yeon's voice is similar to nicole, jiyoung and even hara...

so i'm kind of confused (maybe there's something wrong with my ear XD)

I think its easy to recognize Gyuri's voice, she sounds the same as when she talks.. Nicoles voice is very high, easy too. hara has the lowest voice of them all, so shes easy to pick out. I notice seungyeon sings a lot, so if its not gyuri or nicoles voice, i just assume its seungyeon

• 4 weeks later...

Like i mentioned in an earlier post, Nicole's rapping aside, I still ahve a hard time distinguishing the girls voices from each other. I'm sure this will pass!

One thing I HAVE to mention though is how cute Gyuri's voice actually is. When I'd be in the car listening to KARA and hear a really cutely sung passage, I would think, OK that' s gotta be Jiyoung, so adorable sounding...then when I watch the PV, and see it's GYURI!!!! That turns me on for some reason, such a gorgeous, elegant young lady singing with such a girly voice! WHOA!

• 7 months later...
It's a little difficult to recognize their voices, but Nicole, I can identify perfectly. Hara's voice I also can identify, but with more difficulty.

There's this little video, which helps in identifying the Hara's voice in the CD: GIRLS FOREVER.

I agree with those that says Gyuri is sorta nasally. Nicole is little girl sound lol, as if her voice hasn't changed since she was young but then it also sounds sexy at the same time. She always sounds like she'll crack when she sings high pitch but then she doesn't.

Hara is mellow and kinda flat sounding. Jiyoung sounds really sweet and soft, and Hammie is strong/powerful. Also Nicole is the loudest lol. I hear her really easily when they all sing at the same time.

Gyuri is the most distinguishable.

Edited by goldfish524