[2012.03.21] Japanese 6th Single - Speed Up/Girl's Power

radenoactive

I guess I'm one of the few that likes the covers? I mean to me they are a step up from their past covers. Some where good and some were.. yea let's not go back there. I've already ordered version C. I hope it comes with a photo book but I pretty much doubt it does. Oh wells.

Hopefully with a double a-sided single this means they will be on a lot of shows to promote. 2 performances on Music Station again? y/y?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no, don't misunderstand, I don't mind KARA helping to promote RAINBOW, I'm a fan of RAINBOW and if KARA can help them get more recognition then I'm all for it :)

Don't worry, I was just saying too :thumbup:

----

ILAVIT !! :eyelove:

Hotness overload..

I've got to say that this time I like all of the girls' hairstyle..

Gyuri with her dark straight hair -- one and only word, goddess! She's gorgeous and fierce.

Same with Hammie, Cole, Hara and her fringe, it's been ages since we saw her like that!! And Jing.... like really?? She's hot hot hot.. She's grown up just liker her umma Gyul.. our goddess in training ^^

Double A side was a great move though.. really. J-Kamilia has been waiting for a strong-dark Kara and their wish just got fulfilled, SpeedUp.. Still cute-girl-next-door Kara is one of their strong factors, GirlsPower. Also this made happy lot of international fans as well as they've been waiting for KARA to pull off a Lupin-like concept again..

UMJ/DSP/KARA hit it again and are ready to rock Oricon chart again xd

I love their covers in black. It is the darkest image I have seen. Even darker than Lupin or even their debut album First Blooming. I am glad they pick this image up again. They are more wild here than usual. They got the "bad girl wild" to them. I am surprised by this image that they pull of. A total turn from their innocent image. Just looking at the speed up teaser Seung Yeon nailed the "most bad girl" image. Look at 24 second with that dark stare of hers. :eyelove:

The covers I believe would be the best so far. They have real good background behind as compared to the previous single than is more plain. I am glad to see that their budget have obviously gone up looking at the size of their set they are in.

Their new songs sounds very similar to another Japanese group called "PERFUME". A new composer for KARA?

Both of them got the techno and autotune sound to them. A whole new style for KARA again.

Edited by Palaverist

I love their covers in black. It is the darkest image I have seen. Even darker than Lupin or even their debut album First Blooming. I am glad they pick this image up again. They are more wild here than usual. They got the "bad girl wild" to them. I am surprised by this image that they pull of. A total turn from their innocent image. Just looking at the speed up teaser Seung Yeon nailed the "most bad girl" image. Look at 24 second with that dark stare of hers. :eyelove:

The covers I believe would be the best so far. They have real good background behind as compared to the previous single than is more plain. I am glad to see that their budget have obviously gone up looking at the size of their set they are in.

Their new songs sounds very similar to another Japanese group called "PERFUME". A new composer for KARA?

Both of them got the techno and autotune sound to them. A whole new style for KARA again.

Well, actually Perfume just jump to Universal Music Japan too today. It has been crazy all over Japan news right now. And about KARA, I really really love the PV concept. The songs also seems fine too. But, I hope they will release the dance version of it since there are little dance in the end of the PV. And Idk, but I just think that they will have another version of this Speed Up PV, because the silver dress didn't show up a lot in this PV. Maybe Speed Up racer girl version(with that silver dress)? Now waiting for the Girl's Power full PV!

I cannot wait to get this! :D

Any one know the good site to buy that can ship fast to the U.S? Last time I bought in Yesasia, it took almost a month to arrive :angry:

My stuff from Yesasia always took really long to arrive as well. It is very annoying .. but I'm not sure of where else to buy it tbh.

It 's still not confirmed yet, so we don't know whether the version will have the photobook or not ^_^

Double A-side mean that the single will have 2 PVs for 2 songs (promotional video - equal as MV for the Korean one)

The whole MV will be released very soon... like.... tonight :w00t: Normally in Japan, the MV will be released 2-3 weeks before the official promotion start. 21st March is the date for the single hit the stores in Japan.

Hope it helps :)

Thank you so much for answering my questions!!! :D Yes, it helped! I'll be waiting and praying for that photobook ;)

yesasia is expensive, order from HMV is cheapest

This doesn't work for international (USA) customers does it? I tried to see but I dont think it ships out here.

Also, I gotta say I LOVE SPEED UP!!!

Personally I think they nailed it! The song, dance, concept and omg..the image :o Honestly I didn't even recognize Hara! And Gyuri's hair!!! Not sure if those are extensions or blonde highlights but i'm in love with it so much that I might just have to get my hair done! lol

Who would have thought that the group to have the best bad girl image would be the same group known for its cutesy image?!;)

Oh, and if anyone had come across the image (animated or non-animated) of the girls at the end, where they have the fierce stand please oh please let me know where I can get it!

Sorry to clog up the blog but I just answered my own question and thought to share in case anyone else was curious so it seems HMV does ship internationally but not sure of cost.

Edited by red4summer
merged

Kindly please update whether version C will come with a photobook or not once the official info is available. Need to decide whether to get version A or C since I don't have enough money to get all 3. The photobook is my deciding factor haha :D

After thinking about it for a bit, I think C won't have a photobook. They rarely change these things last minute and the biggest giveaway is usually the price.

I don't remember the prices of the last singles with photobooks but this one looks way cheap compared to the DVD counterparts. So that probably means that it's just the CD inside and nothing else... but I do hope I'm wrong!

After thinking about it for a bit, I think C won't have a photobook. They rarely change these things last minute and the biggest giveaway is usually the price.

I don't remember the prices of the last singles with photobooks but this one looks way cheap compared to the DVD counterparts. So that probably means that it's just the CD inside and nothing else... but I do hope I'm wrong!

Yah, normally the one with a photobook will cost around 1,500yen. This time version C only cost 1,260yen so I think it won't have the photobook. Besides, yesasia didn't include the photobook in their package for version C too :(

If Kara surpassed KMF2, who-knows-what would break loose. Johnny fans, the general public, media... if Kara beat them, it would open a bottle of both good and crazy stuff. I want them to be #1, but that'd be like "Woah".

Do you think the "scandal" with Kara's north-Korean manager would affect their image?

Do you think the "scandal" with Kara's north-Korean manager would affect their image?

Hardly I think. I really don't think anything's gonna stop the girls' powerful comeback with two awesome songs and PVs. Anyway that manager really isn't that big of an issue, it died down very quickly and there really wasn't much controversial opinions about it except the extreme ones or the antis.

i don't think so. imo, if kara can overcome the southkorea-japan diplomatic ties to survive comfortably in japan, the others (including the northkorea relation) will be trivial by comparison. anyway, dsp has reassured and will continue to monitor the situation. he's after all only a fan (or a dsp japan employee) who supports kara. most importantly, the japanese are smart people who know the difference.

If Kara surpassed KMF2, who-knows-what would break loose. Johnny fans, the general public, media... if Kara beat them, it would open a bottle of both good and crazy stuff. I want them to be #1, but that'd be like "Woah".

Well, to begin with KMF2 wasnt that big yet in Japan. Yes they are from Johnny's and have a lots of fans..but they are not quite famous yet with the general public.

and they have an album to be release the following week (03/28) after the single release, I think this will certainly affecting their single a little bit.

Im a fan of KMF2 too...so it be interesting to see who win the "fight". ^^

Edited by hype8750

I'm inclined towards Girls Power but Speed Up is really cool too!! I love the concept, but the autotune and repetitive verses kind of let me down a little... Still, I can't deny that I'm hooked on~~ >__<

Anyway, let's play the prediction game!!

50k First Day

85k First Week

The double-sided A will definitely will be a good promotion for them so I have a high expectation :P

First Day: 65K

First Week: 155K

I might change the prediction when the Ninki rating is out.

To make the game interesting, no range value is allowed! Agree? :P Haha joking, just post your prediction~