[2012.03.21] Japanese 6th Single - Speed Up/Girl's Power

radenoactive

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Since 3/21 is a holiday in Japan. No releases will be charted on Oricon that day hence being released in stores a day earlier.

Even Kis-My-Ft2 did not sell as much as they usually do so I'm not too worried about KARA's sales. I'm sure we'll see improvements during the week. ^^

Also aren't they going to be on Music Japan, the Music Station Special, and other shows? I think they're doing plenty of promotion (which is always good for the fans. haha. :P)

Am I the only one a little worried about this single? What happened to promotions? Why does it seem as if nothing is happening? What is this early release?

Lol, it 's perfectly normal, and I can even say this single is doing vey well, and have a chance to become the highest selling single in 1st week of KARA xD. The promotion, the hype, everything UMJ have done so far is really good.

About the release date, it

I wonder if Kara should have promoted Girl's Power instead of Speed Up :/

Personally, Speed Up live isn't as powerful or catchy as their other singles.

I know things are different considering the holiday and stuff, so are their sales actually considered good or is it low?

I wonder if Kara should have promoted Girl's Power instead of Speed Up :/

Personally, Speed Up live isn't as powerful or catchy as their other singles.

I know things are different considering the holiday and stuff, so are their sales actually considered good or is it low?

Personally I prefer Speed Up. But the live performance on Coming Soon! wasn't that good and as powerful as I anticipated it to be, like in the PV - probably cause Nicole wasn't dancing, Gyuri wasn't singing, and they were all tired from their hectic schedules.

We can't really determine the first day sales whether it's high or low because of the holidays and there goes our prediction game... -_- But even if it's 2 days, I guess 43415 copies sold is low compared to the best-selling previous singles KARA released. But yeah, there's the holiday and stocking issues as well according to superkarafan since he is in Japan (he is Gekidan Hitori, isn't he?), so KARA would definitely have sold more if these were out of the way.

Now we wait for the weekly sales to determine how it fared relatively as a single. Hope it gives us a pleasant surprise.

Edited by Redresonance

Personally I prefer Speed Up. But the live performance on Coming Soon! wasn't that good and as powerful as I anticipated it to be, like in the PV - probably cause Nicole wasn't dancing, Gyuri wasn't singing, and they were all tired from their hectic schedules.

We can't really determine the first day sales whether it's high or low because of the holidays and there goes our prediction game... -_- But even if it's 2 days, I guess 43415 copies sold is low compared to the best-selling previous singles KARA released. But yeah, there's the holiday and stocking issues as well according to superkarafan since he is in Japan (he is Gekidan Hitori, isn't he?), so KARA would definitely have sold more if these were out of the way.

Now we wait for the weekly sales to determine how it fared relatively as a single. Hope it gives us a pleasant surprise.

Nah, superkarafan is not Hitori-san :P And the 2 best selling singles of KARA so far JCL and GGS both have 1st day sales around 47k and 45k, Speed Up/Girl 's Power 1st day sales is 43k, it 's really not much different compare to these 2 singles.

Will there be a poster eventually?

Does anyone know the best website to buy the CD from if you're from the U.S.? Thanks for your help!

I've ordered from CDJapan and I love their service. They also let you rack up points for discounts on your next purchase. Ordering from Amazon JP is difficult for US customers, and I haven't tried HMV. But CDJ is also cheaper than YesAsia.

Edited by YuZi