HQ Cover:

OcC9D.jpg

SU/GP - Type A:
01 Speed Up (スピード アップ)
02 Girls Power (ガールズ パワー)
03 Speed Up (Instrumental)
04 Girls Power (Instrumental)

CD Only:
05 Step (ステップ) (Japanese version) (First Press Bonus track)

Preorder: CDJapan YesAsia HMV Amazon.jp

Speed Up/Girl's Power normal version (limited edition C as soon as it's sold out start of production) /1,050 yen

*will be constantly updated*

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:gemcheer: Oooooh *shivers with excitement* With no new KARA songs in the recent few months I had pretty much stopped listening to Kpop altogether. I hope the rumor of it being a double A side are true. What kind of songs do you guys think it will be? The usual pattern is for a single is for the A side to be a dance song and the B side to be a slower type, but with a double A side maybe we'll see 2 dance-y songs. I personally wish for something cute like what KARA did in the old days but the girls keep saying they wanna do more mature stuff so maybe they've moved on from that theme for good.

i more curious with who is going to promote kara in japan for this single.

idk, can dsp (japan) alone do the job?

many said umj is officially done after the number of releases but the official end of contract is still aug 2012.

until then, has it prevented dsp from signing up with another label?

about my 6th single expectation, just do it the girls want it to be.

to be released before their japan concerts, i'm not sure if the printing can catch up with the ordering.

@raden, thanks again, this time for opening the discussion, here in kh.

@eric I'm wondering about it too. I hope whichever company will make a decent promotion for the single. Btw, I was planning to open this when there's an official statement by DSP, but well, I just couldn't resist it~ :P

*edit- moved this post below here to give space for formal information in the first post.

This single will be a bit different from older Kara's Japanese single as it's double-A side single. Which mean there's a high probability we will have 2 PVs from the single.

Remember this rumoured pics?

1ZPD1.png

image cr:iammai

From the circled part, we can see this picture is from the PV footage~ I'm totally excited to see the full concept!

i more curious with who is going to promote kara in japan for this single.

idk, can dsp (japan) alone do the job?

many said umj is officially done after the number of releases but the official end of contract is still aug 2012.

until then, has it prevented dsp from signing up with another label?

about my 6th single expectation, just do it the girls want it to be.

to be released before their japan concerts, i'm not sure if the printing can catch up with the ordering.

@raden, thanks again, this time for opening the discussion, here in kh.

Thanks to grainy:

- Old contract with UMJ should have ended since it only required for 5 singles and 2 albums, and that has been completed

- The time of contract is not time based, but amount of singles/album based

- Of course 2 years could have been the time period stipulated for the 5 singles/2 albums

So we'll know for sure when 6th single is officially released (by looking at the company name next to the name of the material release in Oricon chart :))

Edited by fantomas

@raden

i prefer this way too, to start the discussion earlier to get the excitement up.

to wait for confirmation, nothing will be left to speculate.

@fantomas

that's one thing i don't understand.

why would umj release the last single/album so early before the end of contract?

imo, they will lose more than gain if they do so.

anyway, whoever, please do a good job in promoting.

what does one hope to see (the printed word beside the single)?

i'm actually hoping to see "dsp" because that would mean the girls will get a bigger share of the profits.

no objection to the "double a-side" because i get to see more performance.

by the look of those harajing pictures, i think to expect fast tempo songs.

@raden

i prefer this way too, to start the discussion earlier to get the excitement up.

to wait for confirmation, nothing will be left to speculate.

@fantomas

that's one thing i don't understand.

why would umj release the last single/album so early before the end of contract?

imo, they will lose more than gain if they do so.

anyway, whoever, please do a good job in promoting.

what does one hope to see (the printed word beside the single)?

i'm actually hoping to see "dsp" because that would mean the girls will get a bigger share of the profits.

Maybe that 's the idea of DSP? Cause if they release the latest album Super Girl (Winter Magic is a lead-in single to promote for Super Girl) early, they could have more time to negotiate the contract details with UMJ and other companies *coughAVEXcough*

Remember this article?

Record companies to fight for KARA in Japan

KARA‘s contract with their Japanese music label will officially end soon.

The girls have experienced some explosive popularity in Japan, and according to a entertainment insider, KARA’s contract with Universal Music Japan only requires them to release one additional album.

Other rival labels who have gotten wind of the news are swiftly trying to seal a new contract with the girls.

Hallyu management officials stated in detail, “Taking into consideration their fame in Japan along with their album sales to date, it would be easy for them to sign a contract for at least $8.5 million over three years“.

KARA is currently promoting in Japan under ‘Universal Music Japan’ but their contract with the music label will end early next year. Universal pitched an idea to KARA’s agency DSP Entertainment, requesting to lengthen the contract for another year or two, and they’re currently in negotiations.

The details of their new contract have not been revealed, but those in both the Korean & Japanese Entertainment industry are fully aware that because KARA is the hottest Hallyu idol in Japan right now, their demands will most likely be high & specific. Still, rival labels are making their best effort to offer KARA a better deal. They know the value of KARA in the Japanese entertainment market. Insiders believe that with their current status in Japan and the number of albums sold, they would require to be paid at least $2.5 million per year. ”As a whole, their annual sales from Japanese promotions alone probably equal close to $42 million… A cool $2.5 million annually should be easy.”

But not only are the girls the hottest girl group in Japan, they hold the records for most albums sold by a Korean artist. Their singles “Jetcoaster Love” as well as “Go Go Summer” both sold over 200,000 copies, and their “Mister” ringtone were downloaded by 750,000 consumers back in March. Thus, the girls were given the label ‘Triple Platinum’ by the Recording Industry Association of Japan.

The girls are constantly being asked to be featured on programs and guest-star on others, but they cannot accept all of the offers because they simply do not have enough time for all of them.

Credit: allkpop

And with all due respect, I rather it will be UMJ/AVEX/Sony, tbh, DSP s*ck in promoting even in their homeland, I won't get my hope so high if DSP Japan is the one in charge of KARA 's activities and promotions in Japan

Edited by fantomas

@fantomas

umj is in charge of kara activities in japan, why would they adjust to dsp demands (if it's true)?

umj is ok but avex for me. :)

I think because UMJ is in charge of KARA 's activities in Japan, but DSP still the one manage them? Don't really know for sure, but it 's the best idea I can come up with :P

And yes, if you 're an established artist/group, I prefer AVEX more than UMJ B)

Edited by fantomas

I think KARA renewed their contract with UMJ hahaha.. I went to KARA's UMJ page and their most recent update was yesterday, about KARASIA. If the contract wasn't renewed, there shouldn't be any more updates, right? Since KARA would already be part of another company... And what about "KARA Best Clips II and SHOWS"? But who knows? I'm just guessing too ^^

Anyway, I'm quite excited about their concept!! Looks great~ I'm willing to bet it's a double A-Side. Hopefully, their voices won't be processed too much >__<

I think KARA renewed their contract with UMJ hahaha.. I went to KARA's UMJ page and their most recent update was yesterday, about KARASIA. If the contract wasn't renewed, there shouldn't be any more updates, right? Since KARA would already be part of another company... And what about "KARA Best Clips II and SHOWS"? But who knows? I'm just guessing too ^^

Anyway, I'm quite excited about their concept!! Looks great~ I'm willing to bet it's a double A-Side. Hopefully, their voices won't be processed too much >__<

DVD in the limited edition B????

Yah, it 's a double A-side single, which means it will have two PVs and two *title track* Speed up/Girl 's Power like we used to call in Korean album

Edited by fantomas

Yup. There are DVD in both ver A and B. Speed Up PV for Version A and Girl's Power for Version B probably. And Version C is rumoured to have a bonus photobook.

Well, I can prepare more money, I go to ruining if I buy the 3 versions.

I will end in misery because of these girls hahaha.

Sorry but their contract is time based. It should end summer (I think it was July) this year. Their obligations to the company maybe done but they are still exclusive to umj. Anything they release now should still be under umj and old contract.

I'm saying this cause this info was leaked from the whatmustnotbenamed

Anyways super excited for this release... Mv trader pics look really good so far.

I've been waiting for this~. The girls have been busy with karasia these days so i've been thinking i'd have to wait another month or two. I think this time, it will be a fast song @_@. But I don't know what kind of lyrics it will be. kyaaa excited~~

---------------

You should give dsp some slack. I mean things in korea are different than in Japan.

Things are promoted digitally and through variety shows only most of the time. They probably also have random ads added to webpages too.

Plus, music stages are also a big promotion method. I know in Korea, DSP doesn't put up masses of ads around the walls of subways and have a big music truck driving around like UMJ, but DSP has been around for a long time and they know what they're doing. :T

A majority of us don't live in Korea, so i'm sure it's hard to feel any of these promotion methods first hand. To some of us, it may seem like they're doing nothing at all.

It's what made Kara successful. (Big part also goes to the girls. But, thats the same with any other kpop group.)

Edited by eseul

This is too good to be true. I guess I will buy all versions >_< , too attempting T_T.

But still don't understand this concept of double side A and double side B. It has same track only A: Speed up / Girls Power. And B: Girls Power / Speed Up. Sorry for lame question but I really do lack of knowledge about this T_T

I can't wait to heard this song, but maybe the song is going to be like something like Step, just in Japanese. Since the picture with jiyoung look like something you see them wear for STep. Maybe the B side is the japanese version of Step. We know how much japanese really like KARA doing step.I do think that KARA may renew the contract with UMJ, they promote KARA well, plus rainbow is in UMJ to. So why have two group in different companies. If you see the other group debut in japan, they other group who are in the same company, they have the same company in korea and japan. But I do think if KARA was going to switch companies avex would be good, since it more esbalish company, and it for big time artist

This is too good to be true. I guess I will buy all versions >_< , too attempting T_T.

But still don't understand this concept of double side A and double side B. It has same track only A: Speed up / Girls Power. And B: Girls Power / Speed Up. Sorry for lame question but I really do lack of knowledge about this T_T

It means, in version A the single will have the PV of Speed Up, in version B it will have the PV of Girl 's Power

I can't wait to heard this song, but maybe the song is going to be like something like Step, just in Japanese. Since the picture with jiyoung look like something you see them wear for STep. Maybe the B side is the japanese version of Step. We know how much japanese really like KARA doing step.I do think that KARA may renew the contract with UMJ, they promote KARA well, plus rainbow is in UMJ to. So why have two group in different companies. If you see the other group debut in japan, they other group who are in the same company, they have the same company in korea and japan. But I do think if KARA was going to switch companies avex would be good, since it more esbalish company, and it for big time artist

It 's not really wierd for 2-3 groups in the same company in Korea was promoted/managed by different company in Japan. Examaple: TVXQ being managed by AVEX, SNSD being managed by UMJ and SHINee being managed by EMI