[2012.02.18] KARA sheds tears while holding their 1st solo concert in 5 years,

red4summer

1111111ff.jpg

Debuting in 2007 with four members, five years later the current five-some, has become one of the hottest female K-Pop groups in the music industry today. On February 18th, KARA held their first ever solo concert at Seoul Olympic Park in front of thousands of fans who have been anxiously waiting for this day. KARA now joins the sadly rather short list of active female idol groups who have held their own solo concert.

Their three hour concert ‘KARASIA‘, showed different sides to the ladies, as they went from cute to sexy, and all things in between.

Starting their concert with a performance of their hit songs “Step“, “Wanna“, and “Jumping“, the ladies told the crowd, “We were worried because the weather is so cold, so thank you so much for coming..it feels so unreal to be having our very own concert“.

Afterwards, they dressed in cute solid colored, one-piece jumpers and performed “Umbrella“, “Blinks“, “Date“, and “With“. To change the mood, two soft ballads followed, “I am..“, and “Wait“.

2222222i.jpg

While Gyuri and Hara showed off their sexy sides by wearing provocative dresses and dancing to a tango and samba number respectively, Seungyeon heightened her cuteness by wearing a ruffled dress and dancing with masked cartoon animals. Nicole channeled her inner Michael Jackson and gave a powerful performance of “Beat It“, while Jiyoung sang a mellow song while playing a guitar.

The ladies also performed “Lupin“, “Let It Go“, “Break It“, and “Honey“, as well as their Japanese hits “Winter Magic” and “Jet Coaster Love“. They sang Norazo‘s “Superman” and changed the lyrics to “Supergirl“, proving that they were indeed super girls that were taking the the music industry by storm.

After hearing Hara and Gyuri’s heartfelt stories during a talk time, the ladies shed tears as they looked back on their hardships. Immediately after this moment the girls sang “Dear Kamilia“, a song dedicated to their fans.

Successfully ending their first concert with “Mister“, the ladies gave in fans who shouted for an encore. They performed ”Pretty Girl“, “Girls be ambitious” and “Rock U“ before really ending the concert.

3333333b.jpg

To support “KARASIA”, with fellow KARA fans, SHINee‘s Minho and Jonghyun as well as B2ST‘s Dongwoon, were also in attendance. Congratulations to KARA on their successful first concert, we’re sure there will be many more to come!

Source + Image: Naver, Nocutnews, Osen and Newsen

Credit: Allkpop

PS

This is primarily for those kamilia who have missed or did not follow the concert minute by minute yesterday.

Many videos, pictures and fancams can be found on the net and some have been shared in the respective member forums.

The list of songs performed on 18th:

1. STEP

2. Wanna

3. Jumping

4. Secretly, Secretly

5. Umbrella

6. Blink

7. Date (My boy)

8. With

9. I am… ing

10. Gyuri – Tango Dance+Solo Song

11. Seungyeon – Super Star feat. 동물탈

12. Nicole – Beat it (Michael Jackson)

13. Hara Solo Song

14. Lupin Dream Concert Remix Ver.

15. Let it go

16. Break it

17. Jiyoung – Umbrella Acoustic Ver. (Half song)

18. Jiyoung Solo song

19. Seungyeon Solo song

20. Hara – Love (Half song) + Sport Dance

21. Nicole Solo song feat. 연습생

22. Gyuri – Maria

23. Superman join with Super Girl

24. Lonely

25. Winter Magic

26. Honey

27. Jet Coaster Love

28. Dear Kamilia

29. My Darling

30. Mister

Encore

1. Pretty Girl

2. Girl’s Be Ambitious

3. Rock U

another article by korea.com

WOW i soooo wish i've been there! It seems that our lovely five had a great time with Kamilia!

30 song plus encore! that's KARA's enegry for you!! :thumbup:

I think it's cool that Minho, JongHyun and Dongwoon were suportting our girls by going to theri concert, too bad Key wasn't there or the 94-er club either! :crying:

But still Im happy they went!

Thanks for sharing this! :D

STEP IT UP KARA'S 5 SUPERGIRLS & KAMILIA! FIGHTING!

ps: I wonder if our girls saw the Karaholic HUGE banner :huh: anywasy im going to look for a fancam of the consert! see ya!

dsp better release this on dvd! i'd so buy it! it'll be my first ..anything korean purchase! lol but anywho, i wish i was there :cry:

their concert looks so much fun. not only can i sense our girls enjoy it but also from our fellow kamilians!

i can't believe they performed break it again! :wub: i've always wanted to see them perform it again with the five of them. and let it go too!? yes! initially, i wanted them to promote that instead of wanna lol :) but its okay, wanna was still a great song

from the fancams i've seen so far, the concert looked amazing!

and props to our girls for putting on a 3 hour concert! whoo yeah!

GO GO KARA! :gemwin:

I'm so glad that I'm Kamilia. KARA SARAGHAE! The concert was daebak!!! I really hope that I can come to one of it. And hopefully their up coming concer will bring much much much more happiness and success to them. Ow I just really love you KARA Never thought that I'll stay with Kpop this long after I knew KARA Specifically Nicole :tongue:

KARA to hold a concert is definitely a dream come true

I love that they'd performed Break It

Hara and JiYoung's voice also fit to Break It song

watching the fancams I feel like watching the female version of SS501's Persona concert

it almost have the same style.. I want a DVD of it

Congratulations for success concert and they look so energetic, motivated, proudly present the performance.

They indeed doing a hard work:))

Proudly being Kamilia^^

Minho looks so cool there, and Nicole & Hara so thin on the reed carpet.

the article didn't do justice of what really happened lol

on my own count, there are 37 KARA songs in total during the concert.

what makes me more surprised there are no guests.

KARA gave it all.

Hara is the first one who cried on the first day.

But every girl gave it their all on the second day, they let their heart out.

A day to remember for everyone

I feel proud for them, it's been such a long time since debut they really worked hard for this day. Watching the fancams, it looked like the two older ones cried again keke but Hara shed many tears as well, but surely all of them had teared up a bit. Also nice to see many of their friends come support them. Hope that their KARASIA tour will be a success!

I just saw the fancams. Astounding and breathtaking world class performance. :thumbup::w00t: I wish i was there tho :( (I would most likely get a nose bleed, but it would be worth it :wub: )

But the real test would be the 'Secret world' song. If they can pull this song off better than the old KARA, or at least, with the same quality, then all hats off to the new KARA. Challenge accepted?? :P

Well of course.. After all that effort they put into and worked so hard. Sigh.. If only KARA was under YG or perhaps JYP.. They'd do so much better :/ well I'm not putting in SM in because SM tends to overwork their artists and I don't wish to see KARA, and in particular, Nicole T_T to be overworked and exhausted.