[2012.03.14] Girl Group KARA Become the Protagonist of an Animation

yuda

2012031460.jpg

An animation aimed for broadcast on September - October this year right now finalizing the planning phase, practical work for production is in progress. Currently SBS Viacom (SBS Contents Hub Body) taking the lead of this animation.

Each KARA members will make an appearance in this animation and it will be produced in 5 episodes. Since KARA will appear as the main character, it’s predicted the first “Korean Wave Animation” work will be sold in japan too. Generally TV major animation film will have 13-26 episodes but in this case it looks like it won’t follow that habit.

The producer said “This animation will be produced in 2D. The main character is planned to completely portray their actual image“ also “KARA Management conformed it but there are still a lot of things that need to be discussed”. However there are still other variables remain. There is still no news about other things such as production costs.

In the rise of Japan animation, rather than classified it as a Japanimation, this marked as another significant form of Korean Wave. KARA is on the front line on that matter.

Source :
Sports Khan

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awww! this is so cool! KARA Anime? Hahaha~

DSP has really done a good job on promoting KARA on Japan!

Hope to see this animation soon w/ eng subs! :DD

I like to read this kind of news... this is so cool, anyways for me those 5 Episodes will be fine and cool and full of Fun!

(Sits on his chair and waits)

and now the girls gonna conquer the animation... daebak!! :thumbup:

can't wait for the details,

can't wait to watch,

i just can't wait!!! :eyelove:

really anticipated this, and lets pray for the best... ^_^

nb:

btw MBLAQ song "Baby U" is used in that (bellzebub) anime, right? i just get this very strange vibe that both KARA and MBLAQ are participated in this anime... :wub:

haha, what am i talking about, just ignore it please... :lol2: *slap*

KARA ANIME????

woaaahhhhhhhhhh! daebakkkkkkkk!

DSP is really stepping up their game!

i can't wait!!!

btw, is KARA the 1st kpop artist to have their own animation?

woot! woot! go KARA! go DSP!

How about KARA in anime world wears costume, has superpowers and are princesses. They can play the Supergirls song that they performed in Karasia concert as the OST. GYURI can be the queen. Then, they have to travel to our world because of some problem or crisis and here, they are in human form but still retain their superpowers and their idiosyncracies. Nicole will be for food and hyperness. Seungyeon will be crying and falling down etc. Maybe, 5 episodes will not be enough. What do you think?

I was hoping for a Kara anime ever since I saw that fan-art animation of them in their Umbrella outfits during their KarAsia concert. I was like, they need to be in an anime. (BTW, whoever did that fan-art is a genius, I loved it.) And here it is, just a bit surprise that it's Korea that's taking on the idea, nonetheless, looking forward to it. I hope Japan will do their own version and make it longer than just 5 episodes.

YESHHHHHHHHH KARA ANIME!!!!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

OMG!!! the poster! how did you ever notice that? KARA #1 in Japan lol :thumbup:

Looking forward to KARA animation but I wish they would make it into actual anime series (not a few episodes) but nonetheless it's a dream come true :eyelove:

Edited by red4summer