KARA's development rate 'til now ?( your POV )

nameless07

well, i'm just curious. We know all of us love KARA, and i just want to know 'bout their growth and development all this time from your POV, good or bad, just share it. Or, if you have another thought 'bout how was celebrity (overall) doing these days, please share it with us...

I've read from some source that sometimes (not always) when celebrity has reach their third year, they will start to be lazy, stop thinking about develop their skill, and became full of themselves.

i give it a thought and i think in some case, yeah it is happening, but it's not happening in our case, right? no offense, but i just want to discuss about this with all of us. I mean, let's try to be a smart fan that doesn't blindly love their idol and ignore everything.

I'm sorry if this topic is a repost. if so, fell free to delete this topic.

I didn't mean to offense anyone, so if someone fell so, then i'm terribly sorry.

Since this is my first topic, please forgive me for my bad English. thank you :)

Edited by nameless07

I think Kara have improved alot especially in their singing. They are still working hard to improve on their singing, dancing and Japanese. I wouldn't say that there isn't a moment where they slack off, but everyone have to rest once in a while. The girls work really hard during their comebacks, so I think they deserve their rest and eat as much as they want :lol: There is still room for improvement, but we know that they always try their best during their performance, and that is good enough for me.

Regarding that article u read, I just think that it's not the artist that doesn't want to improve their skills, but they will first need the time to improve. Given their jam-packed schedules and lack of rest, it will be harder for them to improve their skills.

Luckily, these days DSP is giving the girls more free time. :thumbup:

After watching today's Coming Soon (by the way, where in the forums can we talk about specific appearances like Coming Soon or King's Brunch, etc.?), in addition to Kara's incredible improvement in Japanese, I just wanna give a shout out to the translator, the 6th member of Kara :thumbup:

from my POV..

i think Kara is one group that can be called as late-bloomers..

which means the longer they are, the better they become. i think they are really improving as days goes by! :)

I do agree with the "late-bloomers" idea.

They really do seem to just be growing a lot recently and getting better as well.

I mean look at the others, most groups/idols make an impact at debut and gradually fade off with time or if the impact didn't come at debut, they'll just die off real quick.

But with KARA, they've been through 2 major crisis now and just keep getting stronger.

As they say, whatever doesn't kill you just makes you stronger so I'm hoping to see more of them. =)

@Apolloizm

no specific place, mainly because this forum is too big.

you may goto streambox for the shows, releasebox for the release or groupspazz@discussionbox for the general.

however you may or may not find any (discussion) in them.

kinda agree, so credit to the 6th "member". lolol

welcome

back to the topic..

has kara improved?

there's still room for more.

hard work ahead but the future looks promising if the hearts are in sync.

so far, it has been encouraging.

in addition, luck plays an important part in one's life too, every day, every minute.

so while one still has it, make full use of it.

don't stop to take a breather but to plan what to do next.

they may have reached the top but it doesn't matter because i know they have hit the bottom.

mmm...I think Kara's improvement started at the release of "2nd revolution"... Compared to their songs before that, their vocals improved a lot...

But the thought of them being lazy never crossed my mind...I think they're really hardworking... I think it's because they didn't receive much attention back to their debut days~~ And I consider Kara as one of the most hardworking idols in Kpop...

:gemadmire:

Kara is a group that is in constant development. And that is not a bad thing, no group is ever and will ever be a "developed" group, if they think so then there's no point in continuing if you feel you've reached your full potential.

Since their debut days they've improved immensely on their performance skills, vocal skills, and variety skills. They've become the full package that industry professionals want to emulate. With that said there is always room for improvement and I believe the girls know and see that. I believe they see themselves as their own obstacle and are always trying to overcome any challenges or hurdles in their way. They are never resting on their moments of success, they know that it can be better. There isn't a day where I feel like they think they are the best of the best and that all they need to do is relax and let their success run its course, they're constantly chasing for something more. They are humble about their success that it makes them want to be better and us fans help them be better.

I do see and understand when people talk about the five year idol "curse" or the success getting to their heads, but I don't see it in these girls. Like I said, they've become one of the top groups in the industry but they're not resting on just that, they're going for something more, whatever it might be it's something more than just a seat on the top. I think the girls know that having a seat on top right now doesn't mean that it can't be taken away from them by someone else eventually. One success deserves another, it's what you do to achieve it is what matters and these girls are in constant development to achieve the next goal to better themselves and the group Kara.

ShinHwa is the longest running idol group with 14 years under their name, they've gone through numerous ups and downs and their bond is stronger than ever. In all honesty, and I'm not saying this as a Kamilia, but just as an observer of K-Pop, Kara is the only group that I see having this type of longevity as a girl group. They might not mirror ShinHwa exactly, especially with the loss of SungHee, but they have it in them to survive this industry longer than most other idol groups. They've been through some tough times already and came out stronger than ever. Only time will tell where their lived will take them, I wish all the best to them.

Does all of this make sense?... hahaha... Excuse my rambling but I get quite passionate about these types of subjects when it comes to Kara.

Edited by UnknownIdiot

• 2 months later...

Wow is there another topic like this? Because this is what i really like to discuss. Seriously, i agree with you all. As far as i know, KARA is one of the few who rise from the bottom to the top. They did not acquire their popluarity and fame by coincidence, rather they pave their way through, step by step. Not to mention how many hardships they endure from the beginning, their hard works are really something.

I remember watching my first KARA's live performance on youtube, it was wanna & Mr. At that point of time, no hard feelings here, i think that they are still "weak". I downloaded that video and 3 years later (now), i compare that video to the one i just downloaded. Honestly, i don't know how hard they worked through this past 3 years, their performances has gone from "weak" to "awesome", well maybe it's a bit exaggerating, but that is what i feel when i watch them now.

And, well maybe this is just me but i think i really like KARA's honest and natural behaviour in broadcast. It's not about doing good and being funny, i like how each of them express their character honestly in their own way. Well, i don't know what else to say (UnknownIdiot has pretty much said what i want to, lol!), i'm really in awe with these girls. Really hope they get the best that they deserve!

<p>KARA is definitely rising higher to the top. To me, their vocals in the past were ehh(Sorry). But now, KARA has improved tremendously, which is great! Go KARA!</p>

Edited by kara1fan

Well you can see from collections of videos from performances to self cams to varieties to interviews. I think they have grown to become the 'yet to be complete' but on their way there.

If you monitor each of the member's development, you can see how each members has pretty much developed so much over the past few years.

Gyuri - Leader, early days of Kara, she is obscure but is in charge of representing the group during interviews, greetings and announcements. What she developed during Pretty Girls era and onwards is her confidence, her witty remarks (fit for variety) and speaking skills (as a radio DJ and MC for events)

Seungyeon - The Core of Kara. Her innocence during the early days of Kara are still there but you can see how she tries many different styles to upgrade her image over the course of Kara's promotion. She has a soft soothing voice when starting out in The First Blooming days, but her voice gradually becomes stronger that puts her as the main vocal for the group.

Nicole - The mood maker. In the early days, she's the maknae that is in charge of rapping and vocals. But after Revolution, we begin to see that she's not only there for rapping and vocals but for her dancing ability as well. Her voice has improved as well and is considered one of the lead vocals and whenever Kara perform live, you will notice that Nicole sang the loudest and the most (even with backtracks).

Hara - The face of Kara. When she was first introduced as Kara member, Seungyeon was still the face of Kara. But that gradually changes when her stints in variety become more prominent and she's no longer shy or embarrass to show her true self on varieties (MBC Chuseok Special - Female Idol Group Survival Sweet Girl & Invincible Youth). After Pretty Girl, she has become the face of Kara with her doll-like face.

Jiyoung - The maknae and the one with the highest potential within Kara. How she's grown to become more womanly. Lupin era is the time where her growth and beauty become increasingly noticed. Now that she has a lot of activities to do individually (acting and IY2), I think she shows the most potential to be popular not only as an actress but as a musician as well.

Kara has certainly cahnged since the beginning, but I think that the way they are now is dfeinitely good. I think their songs now are more catchy, fast paced, and easier to bounce with I suppose; otherwise, however, the songs are still top quality and haven't changed much in terms of likability

• 3 weeks later...

I think Gyuri is too ambitious to slow down, I can't really see Seungyeon getting conceited...I think Nicole is comfortable with the industry with a lot of friends...Jiyoung is still catching up in age...Hara seems pretty down to earth...maybe they will break down in the future but as of now I don't really see it. Another plus is that they look healthy and energetic still. SNSD by comparison looks overworked, exhausted from schedule, and getting really thin.

I like the last album a lot...so until proven wrong they are still getting better to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Kara has shown they can do different concepts with success so that is a good sign of growth. Also did so well in Japan, and grew a lot having to being there for so long, that had to be hard. It's a very tough industry, you still need hit songs and appearances to keep on top, so Kara fighting!