KARA4's Unreleased Second Album

Fallen42

Before Sunghee left, the group hinted at the release of a second album on several occasions - it was even mentioned in the last episode of their Self-Cam series.

Obviously DSP wasn't able to release the album with KARA5, but there must have been some hearsay on the album going around prior to February 29 - rumors on the concept, the style, anything. I'd like to ask some older Kamilias here whether they had in fact heard any information on this planned second release. I'm not expecting anything as polished as, say, SNSD's unreleased song "Boomerang", but whatever it may be will probably come to me as a pleasant surprise.

Let the digging begin...

• 3 weeks later...

^

don't know if it's a bug but the real "views" will only be shown after a post is made to the topic.

although this forum is not as active as we would like or believe it should be but there're still some kamilia who are keen and hence have read your thought.

indeed, this is an interesting topic but even those faithful back since day 1 may not have the answer.

if only we could or someone would, we may see some light on this mysterious album, hopefully.

lastly, thanks for sharing your thoughts in kh.

hope many will follow suit.

I wasn't around then to hear any rumors or info about the album but it's a really interesting idea. Their first album is really good so it would have been nice if they had managed to release a second before Sunghee left.

Maybe there are some concept images or demo tracks that never got finished or released but I doubt we'll ever hear them.

since they were preparing or in the midst of making the album, they would have probably done some work on it.

i may be wrong but i read something like one of the songs was used/sung somewhere (after sung left).

about the concept, it could completely oppose that of breakit since it wasn't the "trend" then.

dsp should have the rights on the songs, so it didn't make sense to throw all done work away, unless the songs were composed or made to bring up sung voice.

and hence they decided to stick to the safe side, "being cute".

ok, all wild guesses..

I've always thought about this since the day they announced SungHee's departure. A full album scrapped. From their debut, it would be ridiculous for them to revert back to a cute concept, I would have assume that the concept they would have gone for, if SungHee had stayed, would either be their Revolution or more likely, Lupin era. It would be a waste for DSP to scrap all the songs they had prepared already for the album, if anything I think they shelved it for future uses, until the songs suited the concept they were going for.

I would have actually liked it if they had released the album as some sort of a special departure album for SungHee and for the fans who had been waiting for quite some time for their comeback, a commemorative album if anything. I just would have liked to know the route DSP were planning for the girls as a quartet.

• 5 months later...

http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/124384/%EC%B9%B4%EB%9D%BC-kara-official-thread/p427

KARA [Vol 2] - Already finalized and finished recording. Coming soon!

Is this true? This was announced in January 2008.

And while I'm at it:

“The process of replacing Kim Sung Hee through auditions will be shown on MNet. After going through this tough period, Kara will make their comeback with a new mature image.”

From a DSPent spokesperson a month later...

Edited by Fallen42