[2012.04.16] KARA Members Have Come a Long Way Since Their Debut

dlskam

KARA - who made its debut five years ago in March 2007 - has experienced more twists and turns than most people would have guessed. At one point, there were even discussions about disbanding the group and it was a true test of character for the KARA members to overcome those difficult times.

2RKBr.jpg

In April 2012, however, KARA finds itself as hallyu’s representative girl group in Japan. Their first solo concert in Seoul was a smashing success and the group made its way to Tokyo to perform in front of 20,000 fans at the Yokohama Arena on April 14-15. After the performance, KARA will continue its Japan tour with 12 performances in seven different cities, including stops at Nagoya, Osaka, Fukuoka, and Tokyo.

As many as 130,000 spectators are expected to see KARA’s Japan tour just one year removed from its disbandment crisis. And it’s astonishing to see how much things have changed for KARA. We met with KARA, who started its Japan tour at the Yokohama Arena on April 14, and found out what kind of meaning the last five years held for each of the members.

We listened to the thoughts and regrets of the KARA members, who overcame many obstacles earlier in their music career to become hallyu’s representative girl group.

Han Seung Yeon

jPnFq.png

“Five years have gone by since our debut. Although our team has continued to improve, I have faced many conflicts and there were times when I hid due to my exhaustion. I feel really good about enduring the [difficult times] and coming this far. I’ve committed many slip of the tongues and heard many negative things in the past, yet the fact that I can still smile brightly and talk with people makes me think that I′m doing something right. In the future, I will continue to work hard without exhausting myself.”

Goo Hara

1PQEw.png

“KARA made its debut the three members and it took the group four years to find itself in its current position. Although it was only [four years], it also felt like a long time. I debuted when I was 18 years old, and now I am already 22 years old. I changed as a woman and gained more responsibility as a member of KARA with the change in the first digit of my age. Although I am proud of how far we have come as a group, we experienced many shortcomings. And while I gave my best effort, I still feel I was not able to fully show my potential. As a result, I felt discouraged and embarrassed. With time and the KARA members by our side, we will continue to improve and polish our skills in order to put our very best foot forward in the future.”

Park Gyuri

humLx.png

“Although KARA experienced a member change and dealt with many other issues after its debut, I feel we were fortunate to not have been successful from the get go. As we continue to become more popular these days, we know how to be thankful and even though we sometimes grumble when our schedule becomes hectic, we are still thankful [to be in our current position]. I’m happy because we still have a long way to go as a group. It’s better to gain popularity slowly and still have goals to look forward to instead of rising quickly and going away just as quickly. Our members will continue to work hard and we are grateful in our activities.”

Nicole

XMAMu.jpg

“I came to Korea when I was 16 and there have been a lot of changes with the change in the first digit of my age. I was able to see many things in a different light due to my recent injury. As I am usually restless, I was very grateful to be able to stand on stage even through my injury. And although I have practiced hard for the past five years, there were many times when I was filled with regret. In the future, I′ll value each and every one of our performances and do my best to show our very best to our fans.”

Kang Ji Young

BCwYb.png

“I don’t know what to say. Although I′m still young, I made my debut when I was 15 years old. I have learned many things and even graduated twice since my debut. It’s amazing to think that the first digit of my age will change next year, just like my older group members. I have also learned many things about social life since my debut. I learned how to give myself to others, how to become closer to one another, and how to live with other people. Although there are still many things I don’t know about, life is fun at the moment. In the future, I plan to live my life to the fullest.”

Meanwhile, KARA captivated the 20,000 fans who were present at the Yokohama Arena on April 14-15. KARA’s KARASIA tour will feature its Japanese album songs and domestic hit songs, as well as include the solo performances of its members. Afterwards, KARA plans to visit Taiwan and Thailand.

[c] Yokohama (Japan) Kim Ji Yeon

Source: eNewWorld

Im speechless!

They have change a lot since their debuting days. I think that Gyuri is right, KARA didn't have that huge fame in their early days but that's what makes KARA special, they have worked hard against a lot of hardships, the success they have right now is the result of those hard times.

Im so proud of our girls and surprised at how many years have gone so fast!

KARA & KAMILIA'S POWER! SPEEDING UP!

Out of the five I think Jing probably experienced and learned the most. She was so young when she joined; most of her mini speech consists of how she learned much about her social life and how to interact and get along with others. It must've been a rough road for her but I'm so proud of how much shes grown hehe :) also gyuls entire quote ;;;; love this gorgeous leader

thanks so much for sharing. It's nice to know our angels' thoughts regarding their experiences for the past 5 years. And I just wanna say, I really like what Gyuri said that It's good that they weren't successful right away. Because of that, everything they've achieved upto now are much more cherished. :thumbup:

their words are too beautiful

it's not something that a "common" way in speaking for media. we can see that they just being honest and we can see how much they put thoughts in it.

no need for comparison, we just need to look at what we have done and try to live to the fullest in welcoming the future.

I love every single sentence our KARA girls wrote. Five years is actually a long time. Looking at those 2007, 2008 pictures with now, they have change a lot for the better.

Ji Young made such a huge decision in such a young age. She debut at the age of 15 but her decision is earlier like probably 2 years before. A decision about career at a young teen. Reading what she wrote she grew up nicely to be a beautiful girl.

These girls give us a lot of reminders here.

Live life to the fullest.

Do your best.

Be grateful of what you are doing now.

Smile even when you feel down.

I must say, having myself as the same age with Goo Hara and Nicole, kind of makes me feel stressful LOL, they have gone through so much in life, and for me i still feel like im a child, born in year 1991 just like the both of them, but having different gender, seeing the world in a different view, by looking back at their past, they stay strong to face so many obstacles, encourages me to be strong like them when problem comes ^.^

i feel proud for them. .

even with those stressful activities and problems. .

they still stayed strong and together

they deserve this success!!

they're words are so touching. .

i promise to always support this girls!!

kara fighting! :thumbup:

It has been five years since Kara debuted as a girl group and I think that they had improved a lot. Now, they're stronger, more mature and even prettier ;)

The only thing that I hope is that they'll be keep healthy despite of their busy days lately.

Unnies fighting! :gemcheer:

Saranghae :gemheart:

Kamilia will always by your side through up and down :gemflower:

Edited by mitsuki0208

WAHHH....They really deserve the things they're receiving right now.

They experience a lot of problems on their way to success...they deserve everything...

:cry:

I am so proud of them. Through the member changes and the break up crisis, they stayed together and look how successful they are! Thank you for the translation. I am surprised at how lovely they aged and at the same time, how they still look at the same as they did 5 years ago. I wish them a lot of success for years to come :D

yeah 5 years wow amazing, the day since they debut and now, lots of experience and memories been Kamilia and Kara been through they and us have gained lots of love,hard times and celebration together What a wonderful times :hihi: