[2012.05.24] MTV World Stage Live In Malaysia Makes Spectacular Return To Sunway Lagoon On 14 July!

red4summer

63975882.jpg

MTV World Stage Live in Malaysia 2012 is set to make a big return to the Surf Beach @ Sunway Lagoon on 14 July with a spectacular line-up featuring global superstar Justin Bieber, multi-award winning Korean pop sensations Jay Park and Kara, and the nation's very own singer-songwriter Mizz Nina.

Viacom International Media Networks' executive vice-president and managing director of Asia, Indra Suharjono, commented, 'With three successful MTV World Stage productions under our belt, we have established it as the premier live music event in Malaysia and are very excited to return to Sunway Lagoon to make 2012 the biggest and most interactive one yet." Suharjono continued, "The fans and artists will undoubtedly take the social media chatter to an all-time high, bringing MTV World Stage Live in Malaysia come to life for not only 15,000 fans at Surf Beach, but also for millions of viewers, followers and friends of MTV, Justin Bieber, Jay Park, Kara and Mizz Nina."

MTV World Stage Live in Malaysia 2012, staged in front of a live audience of about 15,000 fans, is sponsored by Sunway Integrated Resort City, Lenovo, Xpax and Twisties, and supported by broadcast partner, Astro.

Music fans can stand a chance to win the coveted concert passes on http://worldstage.mtvasia.com starting 25 May 2012.

MTV World Stage Live in Malaysia 2012 will be produced into a 2-hour TV show premiering on MTV SEA channel on Saturday 28 July 2012, 12:30pm (WIB), 1:30pm (SG/HK/PHIL) and 2:30pm (MAL). An hour-long version will also be broadcast later in the year via MTV's global network of more than 60 channels in over 150 territories reaching over 600 million households.

JUSTIN BIEBER

With worldwide album sales in excess of 15 million units, over 43 million Facebook followers and more than 22 million Twitter followers, Justin Bieber is a global phenomenon in today's pop culture and the social media scene. The 18-year-old Canadian comes from humble beginnings by posting homemade videos online before being discovered by his manager Scooter Braun. After being signed by LA Reid to Island Def Jam under the Universal Music Group, Justin Bieber released his debut album, My World 2.0, in 2010 which saw hit singles 'Baby,' 'One Time,' 'Somebody To Love' and 'One Less Lonely Girl' hitting the Billboard Hot 100 Chart. Aside from his musical achievements, Justin Bieber also had a successful concert-movie 'Never Say Never' that was released internationally and out-grossed Michael Jackson's 'This Is It' at the box office in 2011. To date, Justin Bieber has won various awards such as Artist of The Year, Breakthrough Artist, Favorite Pop/Rock Male and Album at the 2010 American Music Awards, Best Push Act and Best Male at the 2010 MTV EMA and Best Male Video for 'U Smile' at the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards. In 2012, Justin Bieber brought home a Billboard Music Award for Social Artist of the Year. After making it to the June cover of Forbes magazine, Justin Bieber is currently preparing to release his highly anticipated studio album titled Believe. 'Boyfriend,' the first advance single off the album, set a record for its No. 1 debut on iTunes in 32 countries. The clip generated over 8 million views in its first 24 hours of release, and has garnered over 44 million views to date. Believe is scheduled for release on 19 June 2012.

JAY PARK

U.S. born and bred Korean-American singer song-writer, dancer and actor Park Jaebeom, otherwise better known as Jay Park, was the charismatic leader of South Korean K-Pop boyband 2PM. With his boyish good looks, explosive dance moves and ability to both sing and rap, Jay Park has been highly touted as the next breakout star in the U.S. market. He kick-started his solo career when he surprised fans by posting a cover of B.o.B's and Bruno Mars' 'Nothin' On You' in March 2010. The post went viral online, garnering over 5 million views - 1.5 million in the first 24 hours. The song was eventually released as a single, charted at No. 1 on the Korean charts and won Best Web Video at the Mashable Awards. In April 2011, Jay Park released his first mini album, Take a Deeper Look, which sold 50,000 copies within 5 days of release. His first full-length album, New Breed, released in February 2012 was also a major tour-de-force on the charts, with a debut at No. 4 on the Billboard World Album Charts and No. 16 on the Billboard Heatseekers Albums Chart. His first solo concert that was held on 3 March 2012 at the Olympic Hall of Seoul Olympic Park sold out in a record 10 minutes. This May, Jay Park is headlining the Asian Pacific American Heritage Month 2012 (APAHM) tour in the U.S.A. with stops in Washington DC, New York, San Francisco and Los Angeles.

KARA

Kara, which means 'sweet melody' in Greek, is made up of female members Park Gyu Ri, Han Seung Yeon, Goo Ha Ra, Nicole Jung and Kang Ji Young. Combining Euro dance pop, electronic dance and alternative rock, Kara made their debut in March 2007 with the release of their first album The First Blooming. In 2008, they released two mini-albums and three singles - "Rock U," "Pretty Girl" and "Honey," which became a No. 1 hit on the M.Net M! Countdown and won the Mutizen award. They returned with their second full studio album, Revolution, in July 2009. Lead single "Wanna" was an instant chart topper and the second single from the album, "Mister," was an even bigger success with its memorable dance choreography (nicknamed the "butt dance") that caught on with the public. Upon releasing their third mini-album, Lupin, in 2010, Kara went on to win their first No. 1 awards on M! Countdown and KBS Music Bank respectively. In the same year, the band made their debut in Japan with a Japanese version of their Korean hit, 'Mister.' The single exceeded expectations, debuting at No. 5 on the Oricon daily and weekly charts. They were also the first non-Japanese girl group in 29 years to chart in the Oricon Top 10 with a debut single. Achieving their biggest feat yet, their latest hit Japanese single 'Jet Coaster Love,' released on 6 April 2011, peaked at No. 1 on the Oricon Daily and Weekly Charts, selling 123,000 copies in its opening week.

MIZZ NINA

Malaysia's very own Mizz Nina has taken on myriad personas in the span of her career. Her groove-hungry soul and love for infectious beats led her to form First Born Troopz in 1997. But It was during her stint with the seminal Malaysian hip hop group, Teh Tarik Crew (TTC), that her musical career took off with two AIM nominations in 2002 for the group's full-length album How's The Level? By 2004, Mizz Nina had under her belt a modeling career, radio shows (Red FM and Fly FM) and two more AIM nominations for Teh Tarik Crew's sophomore album What's Next? Mizz Nina released her debut solo album, What You Waiting For, in July 2010 that features local and international collaborations from the likes of Colby O'Donis, Uno and AJ of Pop Shuvit, Noh from Hujan and more. In October 2012, Mizz Nina was presented the Flava Award (Hip hop/R&B) at the Shout! Awards. After her win, she opened for Usher, Bruno Mars and Justin Bieber in Kuala Lumpur and went on to represent Malaysia at the New Skool Rules hip hop convention in Rotterdam in April 2011. In May 2011, Mizz Nina released her coveted collaboration with American rapper Flo Rida on the single, 'Takeover.' Currently, Mizz Nina is preparing for the release of her new album, Takeover, due 26 May

WIN MTV WORLD STAGE CONCERT PASSES

Fans who do not want to miss out on MTV World Stage Live in Malaysia 2012 should visit http://worldstage.mtvasia.com to get first opportunity to win passes by taking part in an online contest.

Expecting audience demand to be at an all-time high, MTV Asia is arranging to give away passes as instant wins to participants through multiple game sessions every day. For participants who did not get an instant win, they can still have a chance to win passes by submitting via the website, a write-up in 250 characters or less, on why they should attend MTV World Stage Live in Malaysia 2012.

Residents of Hong Kong, Indonesia, Singapore and The Philippines will have the opportunity to win a paid trip to attend MTV World Stage Live in Malaysia 2012.

Online contest starts 25 May and ends 30 June 2012. Contest T&Cs will be available on the website.

NEWS UPDATES ON SOCIAL MEDIA

In the weeks ahead, fans can get firsthand information by following MTV Asia on Facebook and Twitter for news updates on MTV World Stage Live in Malaysia 2012.

Facebook: www.facebook.com/mtvasia

Twitter: www.twitter.com/mtvasia

Twitter Hashtag: #worldstagemy

Credit: MTV Asia

Tip-off: hype8750

wahhhhhhhh!!!i'm excited!!cant even do my works thinking about this golden opportunity to watch KARA live in front of my eyes!!eventhough it is not an easy job to fight for a front seat with JB fanatics..i will do everything within my superhuman ability to support n get the front seat!c'mon Mykamilias...LETS DO THIS TOGETHER!! :lol2:

I can't believe it when I read about this news at Allkpop for the first time.I'm sooooo happy about this! :gemhappy:

My dreams already came true. Although I can't go to their performance, I'll support them from distant and wait for the report about them in e-pop (popular K-pop magazine in Malaysia)

Kara unnies saranghae!

Welcome to Malaysia~ :crying:

I'm a malaysian from sabah.. And i already asked my dad's permission to go... I checked my schedule and i'm super duper hapi to see that it's my offday on july 14 which means i can go and watch my fav girlgroup for the first time... It has been my dream to meet them with my very own two eyes... But when i checked the ticket at airasia, it's too expensive that i can't afford it, as my younger sister also want to go (we're both a kamilia)... Means i hv 2 buy tickets 4 2... Now, i hv no mood 2 do anything.. My hopes are all gone.... Really envious to those who can go... Wish i can 2.... Now i juz hv 2 wait 4 airasia 2 make a promo... They are my last chance now... I'm depending my fate (2meet kara in person) on them.... Please, help me pray that there would be a promo 4 airasia...

That sound great! I've been waiting for this chance to slip by. But I've heard many comments involving some Jb fans trying to get the front row seats. I wish kamilias will try their best to get the front row seats. Fighting! :lol:

JEALOUS! Lol! just kidding xD Happy for you guys!! wish you

all, I mean, I KNOW FOR A FACT that you guys are going to have

an awesome time xD I hope I can go too... I'm going home for

summer hopefully I'll be able to persuade my parents to go...

Kara sharing a stage with JB? lol :tongue:

i saw some error in the facts they provided in kara section but it's alright

at last malaysia kamilia will be able to see them personally

congrats to them and hopefully other SEA kamilia will be able to attend it too ^^

hopefully this will be a great event for both KARA and kamilia

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...