[2009.01.30] KARA's fans express their disappointment over Cult Show Radio

coffeebeanie

20090129232957ouy9.jpg

KARA's fans are mad.

On the 29th, KARA was invited to the Cult Show, as a winter special for SBS's Power Radio Program. For the fans who watched this episode of the '2o'clock Cult Show', they made sure that their voices were heard by the MC's and the other staff of the show.

This episode was a bora episode (viewable radio), the KARA fans who were waiting for the girls expressed their anger by stating that the program spent way too much time on Girls Generation. They left messages in the website saying "Is Kara just a wall decoration?" and "Its a typical biased broadcast.", raising their feelings of disappointment, making sure that MC Cult and the other people behind the program got their point.

Another message goes "Kara's fan base is definitely smaller than Girl's Generation's fanbase, is that why we're supposed to avoid conflict with them?". They expressed that their group was being pushed around by the others, just because the other group had a larger number. Their words were filled with sorrow and at the same time, much anger.

The episode, which was a winter special, had Girl's Generation, KARA and 2AM as guests, pleasing both the eyes and ears of the program. The 3 idol groups showed off their live version of their songs, showcasing the talent of each group.

source: http://sstv.freechal.com/News/Detail.aspx?...1&pSn=41472

thanks to mae.

translated by coffeebeanie@KARAholic DO NOT TAKE OUT OF THREAD. DO NOT TAKE OUT OF KARAHOLIC.

T/N: Did not translated non-kara related parts.

DISCUSS NICELY AND NO BASHING.

thread open.

This is concerning Kara and Kamilia and this is KARAholic.

Like written up there. NO BASHING AND DISCUSS NICELY.

any rude posts will be deleted or edited out.

----------------------------------

I think Kamilians has had it enough with them and Kara getting pushed around. They're finally standing up for themselves which is good i guess.

but i dont know. i thought the air time was kind of even out between the both groups. 2am got the least. lol

i hope this isn't a start of a fanwar or something.

the beginning of the show i guess was not so evenly distributed, but i thought they got better later on i thought...but i can still see why they're mad...and yeah i dunno this is gonna be rough...why are kpop fan clubs so scary ><

if they're all friends why can't we all be friends T_T

^ I agree. They shouldn't put so many stars on one show.

There is bound to be things like this happening.

I can't really comment on the show since I haven't watch it yet, but I hope this gets resolve peacefully.

Fanclubs at war is never good.

But, kudos to Kamilia voicing out. Kara and them deserve some respect too.

Thanks for translating and sharing!

Aw, Kamilia. I understand how they must feel. I'm sure a lot of them are upset with this...I kind of was too. Not that I dislike the other groups. But Kamilia has always been pushed around, so has Kara :/

I personally am glad that Kamilia spoke up. They really love Kara and want the best for them, which is what all fanclubs want. It's just sometimes that love is so strong that it causes conflicts. I hope nothing happens to Kamilia. Their anger isn't irrational--they have a good reason to be upset. I'm sure Triple S will back them up as well :blink:

Edited by SML

I'm glad that they stood up. Before I read articles on how some groups don't give way to Kamilia just because they're smaller. It makes me happy to know that they finally stood up and spoke words to let other groups and fanclubs know that Kamilia won't sit around and be passive anymore.

I hope people will take notice that size doesn't matter.

they may have a smaller fanbase, but i think al of them sincerely loves the girls, which is what really matters right?

its not the other groups fault, i'm sure. they don't really have any control over how the show goes.

its actually the staffs fault. they always do this to kara - getting the wrong information, wrong spelling of their names.. i think its about time the producers become aware that its not just the big fan clubs that they should be wary of - cassies, elfs, s<3nes. Kamilia can be scary too. its actually scarier when the nice ones get mad.

to be honest, we kamilia has been too nice and also KARA to be pushed around like this

and it's good that Kamilia spoke up on how they're feelings

I think the staff of all of these broadcast went to school and classes to get tis job so do

it better

tat's all. Kamilia and KARA need to be heard

I didn't watch the whole video.

I couldn't sit through two hours.

So I can't say about the distribution.

But if SNSD really got more attention,

Which wouldn't be the least surprising,

Then that really sucks >___<

It isn't fair to Kara and Kamilians.

The hosts should be considerate

To all their guests. That's basic.

Anyhow, I don't think this will

Blow up into something big

Like a fanwar O.o

Awww poor Kamilians. I agree, you got to understand that

SNSD's got a bigger fan base but i wouldn't like it if i was in

Their situation too O.o but yeah i'm glad Kamilias said something.

I mean you hardly hear Kamilias doing anything. They're too

Nice, but i'm glad this got to their heads - - in a good way xD

Show your love for Kara <3 :lol:

The music industry isn't fair, and I knew that we're gonna have to face something like this but really, the way Kamilia is being pushed around pisses me off. I'm glad they stood up and made sure their opinions were made known. Let's be stronger in the future~! Still, this is so unfair. I think that if we want to protect our Kara, fans really should speak up (but in a .. er .. peaceful manner. As to not offend others, right?) And it doesn't matter what 'size' you are (in this case, Kara's fanbase), because even though we're smaller, we know each loves the girls genuinely.

Thanks for the post~!

• 2 weeks later...

I have yet to see this episode but I'll be looking for it on youtube... Again the fans are over-reacting.. in my opinion... instead of raising Kara awareness, they resort to basing the studio... listen, if I was the president of the radio company, I would spend more time on the people that would generate more revenue.. it's only common sense... I love SNSD and Kara.. I say it's time for fans to calm down and stop blaming others.. if they really want more Kara airtime, buy their CDs... give them as gifts whenever a brithday or christmas or whatever gift giving season comes around... increase awareness.. i think fans have an obligation to make their group a marketable one.. just my opinion..

^^ lol. i'm pretty sure KARA fans do buy their albums..if snsd creates more revenue..

why invite the less popular KARA at all? that was Kamilia's point.

like i said.. this was the climax of bullying from snsd fans.. it was bound to happen..

this is was the first time Kamilia actually displayed this kind of behavior, i think fans do need to stand up for their idols..

so this must've really affected Kamilia for them to act out like that.. Kamilia is not known to behave like that regularly.

• 1 year later...