[2012.06.06] KARA Named One of Korea

red4summer

Girl group KARA has received the honor of being named one of Koreas 10 Stars by the Korea Tourisms Star Organization for the 2012 Korea Tourism Awards, which is hosted by the state-run tourism bureau in Korea.

KARA was named a Star within the Special Segment Category while other nine Stars selected were mostly hotspots and organizations that benefited the tourism industry around the nation such as the Pine Tree Forest near Mount Kumgang in Gangwon and Suwon Fortress in Gyeonggi.

KARA was thought to be an influential K-pop group that prompted Japanese tourists to visit Korea, which resulted in the girl group being selected. More than 29,099 respondents took part in the survey this year.

An awards ceremony for the nominees will take place at Chongdong Theater in Jung District, central Seoul, on June 12.

By Carla Sunwoo [carlasunwoo@joongang.co.kr]

[c] koreajoongangdaily

KARA receives achievement award at the 2012 Stars of Korean Tourism ceremony

On June 12th, KARA received their award as one of the 10 stars that helped make Korean tourism shine at the 2012 Stars of Korean Tourism awards ceremony.

The girls were given the achievement award for their part in leading the Hallyu Wave in Japan and lending their efforts to promoting Korean tourism all over the world. According to a survey conducted by the KOFICE in January, KARA was chosen as the most favorite K-Pop star by the Japanese.

Also, the girls worked as promotional ambassadors for the 2011 K-Pop Cover Dance Festival and participated in the Incheon Hallyu Tourism Concert the same year.

With bright smiles, the girls received their trophy as one of the 10 stars of the ceremony and expressed, Its an honor that KARA was able to receive such a special award for Korean tourism. Well work hard as singers to spread Korean culture even further.

The Stars of Korean Tourism ceremony was launched in 2010 and held its third ceremony this year. Previous winners of the same award include Bae Yong Joon and 1 Night 2 Days in 2010, and Kim Yuna and So Ji Sub in 2011.

KARA was chosen this year by a combination of 60% online votes and 40% opinions from a panel of judges. KARA was given $5,000 USD in award money and a plaque.

Source : Star News

Credit: Allkpop

Photo: Here

Edited by red4summer

saw this article the other day too. guess kara's popularity shouldn't be regarded as mere kpop idols. they've already become an icon that's even considered to be a a huge factor in promoting tourism for their country. really great achievement for the girls!

KARA isn't the best one in korea, but their success in Japan is undeniable

and directly or not, it affect a lot of other aspects of korea as a country too :)

thankful for this and i hope it will a mmilestone for more achievements in the future

I guess we can see KARA's popularity not only in Japan, I mean, here in Karaholic there is a lot of people from other countries around the world who support'em. and Im sure these people here wanna go to Korea someday (I know I wanna LOL) so, of course they deserve that award!

KARA JJANG!!! :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

It's not everyday when a girl group is selected to represent the country. And KARA is the most suited one of course, despite many other more popular groups. They earned their popularity and are now at the forefront of the Hallyu Wave.

they deserve the award. with their popularity in Japan, I think they really give a lot of benefits for their country since there are so many fans going to Korea just to experience the this-is-where-KARA-live-situation (not to mention the how beautiful and organized S.Korea's tourism).

What an honorable award. We Kamilias feel honorable as well. Do not worry about the pressure and stress about being a representative of Korea, we Kamilias will always be there and fully support you and give you LOVE ! :thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...