[2009.01.29] Who brought Kara to where they are today?

hopelesshong

200901291040031002_1.jpg
200901291040031002_2.jpg

“After Wonder Girls end their promotions, we must give all we got until SNSD comes out”

This is what Han Seung Yeon said at an interview in mid-December after coming out with the second mini album.

The “three people”, and “Dead Idol” are the nicknames that used to describe the three original members of Kara. But this has changed. This is because the ever-believed “indestructible” Wonder Girls and SNSD are being challenged by Kara. This is a fact that can easily be seen by all the people associated with music industries as well as the general masses.

What is the reason behind Kara’s sudden booming popularity? Who brought Kara to where they are today?

Shin Hae Chul “Kara is the ‘IT’ now”

The Samchon fans have changed. Especially the support from the celebrity samchons helped greatly in raising the popularity of Kara.

Among these celebrity samchon fans, there was Shin Hae Chul. Through a radio show, Shin Hae Chul confessed his support for Kara. Shin Hae Chul has been known for his love for Wonder Girls and SNSD. Because of this, his confession for his support for Kara has gained a lot of attention.

Kara’s popularity was not even being compared to the popularity that Wonder Girls and SNSD were getting. After Shin Hae Chul proposed his support, things have changed and Kara popularity is now getting compared with the two top girl group'.

Shin Hae Chul isn’t the only one. With Boom’s performance of ‘Pretty Girl’, the internet has been hot with his performance. Also, Yoo Jae Suk said in Family Outing, “I wish that Kara actually comes on the show and sing ‘Pretty Girl’. If Kara comes on the show, I have to get new clothes for them”. Lee Soo Geun and Jung Joon Ha also celebrated Kara member, Kang Ji Young’s birthday on their variety show.

Samchon fans are a big part of girl groups’ popularity. Unlike boy idol groups, these samchon fans have been showing their importance. Among these groups, Kara’s association with samchon fans are more special than any other groups'.

We are going to raise Kara. Fans’ colorful and unique cheers.

Kara’s fans are well known among the music industry associates. Even though the fan numbers are not as big as the Wonder girl and SNSD’s, the fans never lost their volume in cheering. It was the fans’ way of going through the unknown days of Kara.

Because of this dedication of the fans, Kara was able to be where they are right now. Kara’s fans were not satisfied with just being fans. Their promotions of Kara and their albums are few examples of this.

The red rubber glove that defines Kara now also came into existence from the fans. By dancing along to the “Ye Ye Ye” dance with a red rubber glove on, the red rubber glove became a huge hit. Because of this cheer, Kara name became known among the top stars like DBSK, Rain, Kim Jong Gook, Big Bang, etc.

The red rubber glove cheer is famous among the broadcasting associates too. It was also one of the factors that allowed Kara’s continuing appearance on various music shows. The music show staffs also tried to catch Kara’s fans’ red rubber glove cheer on screen, and they did not hold back on giving a pre-recording session for this “new” group because of the fans’ unique cheering method.

Only the ones who have experience failure know success. Kara.

Kara has walked a different path than all the other popular idol groups. Unlike the groups that are cruising on high popularity even from the beginning just by joining a big name company, Kara came where they are through hardships and failures.

They unveiled themselves as the “2nd Fin.K.L” in the beginning but the people’s response to their first album was lukewarm. Because of this response, Kara became a hard working group, unlike the other idol groups.

They have been running not to gain popularity or to reach number one but just to survive. And, their effort is now getting paid off.

Recently, Kara’s leader, Park Gyuri, confessed, “If we had succeeded even from the beginning, then I would not have known the importance of the fans”. The other original members, Han Seung and Jung Nicole also stated, “Because we failed, we learned how to succeed.”

The new member, Goo Hara and Kang Jiyoung, also have been running around in their busy schedule but they have never given less than 100%.

Credit: Newsen
Tip Off: Mae. and then when I slacked off and not translated it right away, the MEAN anne contacted me to get on with it... (JUST KIDDING tongue.gif)
Translated by: Hopelesshong@Karaholic
CREDIT PROPERLY IF TAKING OUT. DO NOT ADD IN OR REMOVE.

Edited by edr49890

^^ haha anne.. :D

ahh.. i never knew people called gyulhamcole those mean names..

um first off KARA was already "popular" before the Samchon fans expressed their love for KARA lol

omg. can't they get their stuff straight?.. Shin Hae Chul said it liked KARA like 2 weeks ago

and KARA's been popular ever since they came back in the end of November :)

seems like some of the writers want to make it like KARA couldn't gain fans or popularity on their own XD

which is NOT true :( like the fans who stuck around where pitying them and i can say that's not one of the reasons i stuck around..

I guess Kamilia really helped KARA out with their unique way of cheering :D

got most people's attention especially in the idol world...

but what's interesting is that Kamilia never sought out to do that

they just wanted for KARA to know they had support ..

sweet!! <3!!

i really think it helped the girls experiencing those things

and the disappointments and sadness...

b/c now they have nothing to fear. really.

they've been through worst and they know what it takes to

work for that popularity and to know what it's like to be excluded as well ...

thanks peter and anne :)

everbody plays a part. even Sunghee. after she left, im sure it made Kamilians how important it is to show their support to the girls even more cause members can just leave due to any reasons.

the writer left out dream concert 2007. Kamilians were only a young fan club but they got together and released the balloons during the girls' performance to show their support. :)

i think this is the second article that mentioned that Kara was able to gain attention due to the fact Kara released an album in the midst of other popular male idol groups. :)

thanks a lot PETER! :(

yeh this is a nice article..

it has once again made me realise how wonderful the girls are..

how hardworking and how much they have been through to get this far.

and yes.. only the ones who experience failure know success.

GO KARA!!!

Edited by iMt

Such a nice article ^^...

Its very touching...

I agree that Kara went through a lot and I admire them for saying so strong...

Especially GyulHamCole....XD

And of course JiRa...XD

Kara and Kamilia are a perfect team...Wohooo ^^

Go Go Kara ^^, Fighting!!!

Thank you for the translations Peter ^^

thnx a lot for translating, I was shocked to see those harsh given name to GyulHamCole (they are my fav!)

Kara is popular (I believe) not just because of the `samchon`fans that I dunno who they are LOL (Can anyone explain to me?) Its because they have the potential too. Kara is something! :thumbup:

They went through so much, I feel kinda I walked through this hard road with them since I never gave up on KARA ! They will only show us the best and all their improvments ! Kara always fighhting!! (LOVE)

puahaha anne :P

aw i really liked this article...makes me feel encouraged hahaha go karaaaaaa we can do it!!!

thanks peter :lol: sorry for disappearing this week and giving you two so much work...i'll back to work today :lol:

i like this article! :blink:

After Shin Hae Chul proposed his support, things have changed and Kara popularity is now getting compared with the two top girl group'.

lol but wasn't this happening before? As soon as pretty girl came out their popularity skyrocketed. And THEN these celebrities started noticing them/their talent/their awesome songs and then saying stuff about it. idk. i feel like too much credit is given to shin hae chul for their popularity. lol. but maybe he really DOES have that much power in korea. who knows? :(

We are going to raise Kara. Fans

Omg the first part made me kinda mad..! "Those three girls"? :/

But whatever at least this article is about how Kara's succeeding. They've EARNED their fans, respect, and fame. I'm hoping for them to go to number ! :blink:

Im a fan of these 3 girl groups but in this article, i think you compared them too much.

All of them worked really hard that's why they deserve everything what they have right now.

the person who translated this didn't write the article.

the writer was referring to the fact that KARA had to work a little harder to gain popularity and fame

they didn't receive it out of the gate.. so they know what it's like to be overshadowed and left out..

this is obviously pro KARA lol

• 2 weeks later...

I love how Kara is so modest and hardworking! They are really super stars! I really hope Kara continues on for a long time ^^

Real superstars don't have to say they are. People just know even though they are modest ^^

Edited by eseul

I teared up reading this. It's so hard because everybody assume no girl bands can last very long. I know Kara may not be as famous as Wondergirls or SNSD but I believe they will...soon. Lets support them all the way! Kara hwaiting!!!!

• 1 year later...