[2009.01.30] Kara: The second Shinhwa is us.. We want to be the longest idol group out there.

coffeebeanie

200901291040031002_1.jpg
5 member girl group KARA's popularity can no longer be ignored. Aside from their fans ranging from 10-20 years old, they have branched out to the 30-40 year bracket, showing their diverse yet strong fanbase which proves true that they can now be considered as a popular idol group.

After losing their vocalist Kim Sunghee last 2007, Goo Hara(18) and Kang Jiyoung(15) joined the group, and together they released their first mini-album <Rock U>. They were able to gain popularity, but the success was not as much as they had expected. They release their 2nd mini-album last December with the concept of cute and lively, wherein they were really able to identify themselves, and find their true colors.

"The reason why our team became a cute group is because of the new members Hara and Jiyoung. The two of the are young, and also they both look cute. Especially on stage, their charms really shines through when they do the bright and lively dances." (Park Gyuri)

The title track of their second mini-album <Pretty Girl>, received a lot of attention just moments after it was released - it was able to rank on different online charts, and their popularity has since then been steadfastly improving.

"There isn't a particular moment where we realized it, but when we saw our song on the online charts, we became aware of the popularity. Whenever we hear our song while walking on the streets, we are just so extremely happy."

Their increase in popularity is reflected by their daily killer schedules. With just about 2-3 hours of sleep each day, they are experiencing the ups and downs of their activities.

KARA says "Our bodies are tired, but our hearts are happy", with a smile. "There were times that each member took turns getting sick, but it was the first time that all members got sick at the same time. Maybe its because this is the most amount of love that we have felt ever since our debut, that even though we're tired, we're happy about it."

97646468zl7.png
After the popularity that they have gathered with <Pretty Girl>, they move on to the track that was the most well received by their fans - <Honey>. This follow-up single was written by Song Soo Yoon, with melody by Han Jae Ho and Kim Seung Soo. The track was actually up against <Pretty Girl> as their title track, and up till the decision to make <Pretty Girl> the main track, <Honey> was a strong contender. The song being a strong one can actually seen on their homepage, where the fans could vote for their choice of next single for the till February 1 - this afternoon, <Honey> was already leading with a whopping 57% of the votes.

"The main point in the song is the pure yet sad voice in the beginning and ending part of the song. Differentiating it from <Pretty Girl>, <Honey> is more womanly. The song is about hurting because of loving someone."

KARA was able to find their own colors because of the new members. But as much of a good thing that it was, each member had to work as hard for them to be able to mesh well with one another and get along with new personalities. They have had to deal with times when they differed in their opinions when it comes to their music. They had to go through it together because it is of common knowledge that many groups are breaking up nowadays.

"All the members of KARA have Type A personalities, so we have many similarities with one another. Most of all, we have the same tastes when it comes to food, so we always have something to talk about. Also, we are confident about our team's walking.", they said laughingly. They expressed that they wanted to be a group with longevity, and just like Shinhwa, they want to be a group who will be remembered for a long long time.

"We want to be able to perform for a long time with the name KARA. Just like Shinhwa sunbaenims, who are able to work hard as solo artists but at the same time who shines the most when they are together, we want to be able to pursue solo activities and showcase our individual talents." (Park Gyuri)

"I want our group to be stronger as time passes by but still remain ever-thankful . If we don't change our passion right now, I think we'll be able to stay long in the industry." (Han Seungyeon)

"I'll do my best to be able to perform as a part of the group KARA, and at the same time to be able to go into solo activites." (Goo Hara)

"I want our group to be know as the group that does the best and gives everything in whatever task is given." (Kang Jiyoung)

"We are doing our all to be able to remain as the group that loves music and treasures fans." (Jung Nicole)

source: COOKIE NEWS LINK thanks to mae & anne
translated by coffebeanie@KARAholic CREDIT PROPERLY IF TAKING OUT. DO NOT ADD IN OR REMOVE
imagecaps by coffeebeanie@KARAholic DO NOT HOTLINK!

"The reason why our team became a cute group is because of the new members Hara and Jiyoung. The two of the are young, and also they both look cute. Especially on stage, their charms really shines through when they do the bright and lively dances." (Park Gyuri)

so people ask why KARA became cute.. Gyuri answered the question :D

Their increase in popularity is reflected by their daily killer schedules. With just about 2-3 hours of sleep each day, they are experiencing the ups and downs of their activities.

KARA says "Our bodies are tired, but our hearts are happy", with a smile. "There were times that each member took turns getting sick, but it was the first time that all members got sick at the same time. Maybe its because this is the most amount of love that we have felt ever since our debut, that even though we're tired, we're happy about it."

2-3 hours?... that is not good.. but i guess if that's what it takes.. but really that's not good..

"The main point in the song is the pure yet sad voice in the beginning and ending part of the song. Differentiating it from <Pretty Girl>, <Honey> is more womanly. The song is about hurting because of loving someone."

so Honey isn't as cute as people think :P

KARA was able to find their own colors because of the new members. But as much of a good thing that it was, each member had to work as hard for them to be able to mesh well with one another and get along with new personalities. They have had to deal with times when they differed in their opinions when it comes to their music. They had to go through it together because it is of common knowledge that many groups are breaking up nowadays.

glad they were able to work their personalities out.. i know it was awkward in the beginning.

"All the members of KARA have Type A personalities, so we have many similarities with one another. Most of all, we have the same tastes when it comes to food, so we always have something to talk about.

:lol: food.

"We want to be able to perform for a long time with the name KARA. Just like Shinhwa sunbaenims, who are able to work hard as solo artists but at the same time who shines the most when they are together, we want to be able to pursue solo activities and showcase our individual talents." (Park Gyuri)

"I want our group to be stronger as time passes by but still remain ever-thankful . If we don't change our passion right now, I think we'll be able to stay long in the industry." (Han Seungyeon)

"We are doing our all to be able to remain as the group that loves music and treasures fans." (Jung Nicole)

aww gyuri.. that'd be really nice if they become like Shinhwa..

i know KARA has been through a similar situation like them...

and i know the girls have that chemistry that will help them stay together that long :D

i agree, KARA needs to remember to always to be thankful and down to earth..

popularity can get to their heads... but it doesn't seem like they have that problem :lol:

Love that Nicole mentioned MUSIC.. should be a big reason why they are in the group :D

thanks Tin :D

Kara Jjang..

hope honey will be as popular(maybe more) as pretty girl..

lol the only thing i ''noticed'' was >

After losing their vocalist Kim Sunghee last 2007
..i mean.. theres just only 1 2007 right ?? :P

lol anyways..

Kara Fighting !! :lol:

Edited by Kami

"Our bodies are tired, but our hearts are happy"

aww omg they're so optimistic and lovely and :333

but they get like 2-3 hours a day? That is... not healthy.

but we want the girls to be active. D:

oh, the downsides of fame.

solo activities!

i'm glad they're thinking of that (:

i really want Gyul to sing a song for a drama. :3

i like that shinhwa idea...they had a lot of trouble too at the beginning, but they stuck with it and had andy leave and come back...and now they are legends (hehe excuse the pun)

kara fighting!! thanks tin!

I believe in Kara ^^

I know they could stay long in the music industry...XD

As long as they remain down to earth, hardworking and determined with their goals ^^

They also have loving fans continously supporting them ^^

Everyone goes along with FOOD...lol

FOOD sure is powerful...lol

Thank you for the translations Tin onni ^^

haha. yep. i agree, Shinhwa went through a lot too but they still succeeded because they stood up for themselves and stick together through it all.

if Kara does the same and still has that passion for many years to come, i'm sure they will able to last long. :) so now we know what they mostly talk about eh? haha. about Food! :D

Honey is more womanly. i'm looking forward to see that. lol

thanks Tin!

Nicole <3333 i love how she mentioned MUSIC XD this girl is totally for it, i can see <3

Wow, surprising the way Honey is described. But mae, i think it`s cute anyway, if we judge from the melody instead of the lyrics =X gosh i never looked at the translation but does the rhyme fit the content? =/

I hope KARA could remain as long as Shinhwa too. The male group at least to me is admirable as how they still stick to each other and do well in solo fields and get success in both.

Thanks for translating <3

Most of all, we have the same tastes when it comes to food, so we always have something to talk about.
LMAO. How unsurprising!
"I want our group to be know as the group that does the best and gives everything in whatever task is given." (Kang Jiyoung)

Love our girls. They're major jjang.

I hope Kara can be like Shinhwa too.

we have the same tastes when it comes to food, so we always have something to talk about.

FOOD xD

I so love these girls, and I'm happy to see them trying hard, but *gasp* sleeping for only 2-3 hours is not good! And they've been so nonchalant about it~

All this talk about Honey is getting to me~ I really can't wait for them to perform it! I'll be counting the days hours seconds NANOSECONDS until then ((:

Thanks for the translations~!

Kara, be the next Shinhwa ^^o

thanks so much for the translation

seriously this caught my eye when i came on

i think Kara will b reali successful wit the new members

pretty girl was a bit hit

i heard tat rock u was too

i wasn't a big fan of kara b4

but now i reali think they will b amazinggg in the next idk how many years

they shud take care of themselves and

every1 improves throughout the years so i hope to see more of them!

I'm happy that the girls want to be together for a long time and I'm looking forward their solos activities too. I wish they could sleep more 2 or 3 hours is not healthy. Especially to the younger members that need to grown up to become a beautiful women.

Edited by Nanda

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...