[2012.07.05] Kara Wins the Lawsuit "Kara's Issue with Company Did Not Affect The Company's Image Directly"

XXIV_VII

Original news: http://news.nate.com/view/20120705n34335

Kara won the lawsuit against an ad comapny.

Eastern Seoul 11th civil case division went through a lawsuit when a clothing company sued Kara's entertainment company DSP media for the damage made due to Kara's separation issues on July 5th.

The court favored with Kara's side saying that "Because celebrities had conflicts with their compapny and contracts, it doesn't confirm that it affected the celebrity's image" and "It is hard to judge that the clothing company and its reputation was harmed because of Kara"

Before, clothing company brand ASK had a modeling contract with Kara last year from Feburary to July, which was worth 200,000 dollars. But after a while, member Han Seungyeon as well as 4 others claimed they wanted issues with their entertainment company resolved and told the clothing company they wanted to end the contract.

With that news, the clothing company sued DSP media, saying that they lost about 400,000 dollars that included filming fees.

translated by me

Ah yeah I remember reading something about this lawsuit a while back. With all the trouble that was happening at the time this seemed like a minor issue but I'm glad it worked out in KARA/DSP's favor. Hopefully this puts the last of the contract dispute era issues fully in the past for good.

Original news: http://news.nate.com/view/20120705n34335

Kara won the lawsuit against an ad comapny.

Eastern Seoul 11th civil case division went through a lawsuit when a clothing company sued Kara's entertainment company DSP media for the damage made due to Kara's separation issues on July 5th.

The court favored with Kara's side saying that "Because celebrities had conflicts with their compapny and contracts, it doesn't confirm that it affected the celebrity's image" and "It is hard to judge that the clothing company and its reputation was harmed because of Kara"

Before, clothing company brand ASK had a modeling contract with Kara last year from Feburary to July, which was worth 2 million dollars. But after a while, member Han Seungyeon as well as 4 others claimed they wanted issues with their entertainment company resolved and told the clothing company they wanted to end the contract.

With that news, the clothing company sued DSP media, saying that they lost about 4 million dollars that included filming fees.

translated by me

Wow, that 's a huge modeling contract :blink:

I kind of understand ASK 's thought, Korean in general hold a negative view about anyone didn't obey the original contract (look at JYJ). But really glad that the court is on DSP 's side this time.

About the last part, ASK said they lost 4 million dollars? But the last article I read state that they only seek for 400,000 dollars in damage though. So which one is correct? :confused1:

Clothing company

Edited by fantomas

from a neutral stand point, ASK has a valid shout.

i don't wish to go further but imo ASK was unfortunate and unlucky to lose the case.

@fantomas thanks for the clarification. :thumbup1:

^

sometimes when a working relationship is torn, it's beyond the reach as the trust is gone.

it's a pity the partnership between kara and ASK didn't work out eventually.

anyway in life, everyone needs to move on.

btw they had endorsed as 5 with ASK before.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...