[2012.07.19] KARA Gyuri and Nicole's Revelation on KBS Do Dream

yuda

- KARA Gyuri, can't debut if she didn't do plastic surgery! Got hurt!

KARA's Gyuri confessed that she was suggested to get plastic surgery before debut.

Gyuri who made appearance on KBS's Talk Show Do Dream revealed because she looks older than the other members, when she heard someone said "why did that person there?" her confidence slowly decreasing.

also before debut, to sign a contract with a company she went with her parents but she was shocked because of the quotation on the contract and the company also said that she unable to debut if she didn't do plastic surgery. She recalled that she was distressed to hear that in front of her parents who gave birth to her.

Besides that, KARA's Nicole revealed her story about her trauma and her diminished phobia of variety.

- Nicole, becomes less talkative because of her phobia to variety!

Nicole who made appearance on KBS' Talk Show Do Dream revealed that she developed a phobia to variety and became less talkative.

2 years ago while starting their Japan activities she also started learning Japanese language but Nicole who attended school in USA and have poor korean, said learning other foreign language by using Korean language was really tiring.

Because of that by she was afraid that if by any chance she will make a mistake or can't follow the flow so she didn't talked much in japan.

Since she lived in abroad in Japan for long time, she also experiences difficulties that overlapped with homesickness.

We can know about the idol's struggling against their lonely battle behind their fancy life.

Source :
KBS News

Tip-off : mae

Ouch, I always thought Nicole never talked much during variety shows was because she was shy or felt like she had to be interesting to talk. Never knew about the language hardships was a major reason. I'm glad Gyuri was able to go through without having to go through surgery, it might've made her feel less confident if she did or something. Glad they were able to express their feelings.

oh God...my concerns grew 123465465x times now. but despite all of those things they still manage to appear fine and awesome all these times. i wish i could fly to korea and hug them and tell them how much they need not to worry abt a thing. and nicole's language issues! i knew it :(

those people are not suited for determining future of people!

look at what gyuri has become!

famous around the world without those ridiculous condition to debut!

I have a feeling that plastic surgery clause is in SM Ent. I remember she was being groomed for The Grace, right? And Gyul always thinking about her parents.

And oh my poor Cole, and during that time they were joking a lot about her weak Korean in SBS Heroes.

^

so that feeling will lead me to think most of their artists are "made".

it's ok to have plastic surgery or correction but inhumanly wrong to "enforce" as part of an agreement.

we always see the smile before the camera but the pain bebind it. this goes to each of them.

Edited by red4summer

omg i believe gyul objected it and she didn't do the surgery. look how beautiful she is, a born-to-be goddess.

and nicole, yes, i always know that she didn't talk a lot in variety because of language. :'(

babiesss...

Gyul was a trainee, and was pretty much planned to be part of The Grace.. Could that be SMent? Goddess Gyul and plastic surgery just don't go together. What would you change in her? She's gorgeous the way she is, with or without make up.

It must really be hard for Nicole.. English, Korean, Japanese that must be nerve-wracking and I noticed that this causes her not to be perfectly fluent in any. I feel for her since that also what happens to me -.-"

Awww, Gyul wasn't even talking about her looks but worried for her parents<3

And yeah, it must've been really difficult for nicole.... Learning japanese through korean :T but she's a smart girl and he japanese is catching up with the other member's ^^

Wahh, i like this show, finally some real talk~

Gyuri looks perfect, she doesn't need any plastic surgery :-( I've never heard about this & glad to know that she didn't do it!

Aww poor Nicole... I was once thinking how difficult it must have been for Nicole to learn Japanese when she was still having trouble with Korean. But I believe she's better in Japanese now :'-)

Even if the company is known, for broadcasting purposes, I'm sure she will not reveal which is the company. Feel bad for her and boo for the company. Even the goddess couldn't escape for the darkness of the industry, but glad she had overcomed it.

And Nicole, despite of her cheerful side, she's struggling inside. Can't wait for the broadcast.

Thanks for translations!

I don't know why it still shocks me about the plastic surgery thing, really glad Gyuri did not fall into that pressure.

About Nicole, it'll just take her a bit longer.. I think the fans understand that. I think she seems more comfortable on tv shows now though.

I can't even choose the more painful story :(

Gosh, it should be hard for Nicole. I thought about it once, to be honest. Learning new languages for her group promotions must be really hard for her, who lived abroad and she needed to get over these stuffs. She's a strong soul.

And for, Gyuri, I have nothing against surgeries at all. But the way that agency told her was really rude. Specially 'cause she was in front her parents... Of course she overcame, she's Park Gyuri!

Really thankful that Gyuri's not taking the offer for plastic surgery. Thinking about how will bad her parents feeling. And as we can see there's no need surgery for Gyuri. Well, for me I can't see which part that she have to change :3 After all her shining aura covers it all ^_^ . And I don't want to blame for "that" company for offering our Goddess for having plastic surgery before entering as trainee. Because each agency have their own way of making stars (reason: they're making money from the idols they trained). Thank goodness DSP is not like that (hope).

Actually for Nicole, I thought why she can not improve in variety shows, because they're not using basic Korean words, while Nicole still learning it T_T. That's why she got quite all the time. But she's good in a show with physical activities and food I guess.. Just if DSP can put her in a varshow which more suited for her. But I'm surprised that this made her trauma of varshows T_T . And yes, make fun of her because of her lack of Korean language can bring her mental down. Poor Nicole. Nicole don't worry, you have friends who can not understand Korean language. "Me" ,well I can't understand at all ahahahhaah...

Fighting for my 2 beloved member of KARA :thumbup:

Oh, oh poor Nicole! I always knew she was quiet because of her lack of confidence in Korean, peronally I think she is doing great recently! Go Nicole, Kamilia loves you! :thumbup:

And our very own goddess going to surgery? Why even sugest it, if she is so beautiful?! And infront of her parents?! That's just mean!! <_< Im glad our lovely goddess didn't accept that, she know she is gorgeous!

I somehow can understand Nicole's feelings

It must be so hard for to follow variety show because of language barrier

She tries her best to learn Korean and Japanese but it must be so hard for her

To me,

Gyuri is forever the goddess in my heart. Her natural beauty is what attracted me.

Nicole just need to have a bit more confidence and I will be hoping for her to appear on 'Running Man' as she is the only member who has not appears on the show.

Edited by Karakoh

I'm really glad Gyuri didn't undergo plastic surgery (I'm assuming). She's already beautiful as is but honestly not my type haha.

As for Nicole, I completely understand her situation. Being a Japanese but raised in the States almost all my life and now living in The Philippines, my Japanese and Tagalog are rusty as I don't use them much compared to English. Learning new languages are hard especially when you have to learn them in such a short time and having other things to do like training etc. :( Fighting Nicori! :)

it's ok to have plastic surgery or correction but inhumanly wrong to "enforce" as part of an agreement.

Preach! And I don't see how Gyuri needs platic surgery. Even if she looks too mature for being an idol, she can still be a fabulous singer all the same. But I'm glad KARA has an omma like her. :rolleyes:

And Nicole's phobia... Even on-screen during variety shows she makes her mistakes, so there's definitely many more behind the scenes off camera. I never once thought that she was so conscious about her language though, since during the variety shows it really shows her cute charms. I was under the impression that she is very brave to not be embarrassed at her own language mistakes and didn't mind others laughing at her since it's variety.

It's okay Cole~ it's only natural that in the course of learning a language we make mistakes, there's nothing to be afraid of. The Japanese viewers understand as well that you're Korean and as long as you make the effort to learn, they will still enjoy your presence.

But now that she's already so fluent, it's not a worry anymore.

Gyuri doesn't really need plastic surgery, she's beautiful in all ways...It makes me wonder who was that entertainment agency...poor agency, nobody is natural there...

and for nicole, I think it's ok even if she don't talk a lot in variety shows...she good at singing and dancing anyway...

:complacent: