[2012.08.22] Korean 5th Mini Album - Pandora

sweetofuu

It's easier to get into Pandora than Step. For me, it's mostly because Seungyeon didn't sound that good in Step, but she sounds awesome in Pandora.

I feel that way too. Step wasn't really one shot appeal to me but pandora did great!! ^^ I'm so happy they got through with this flawless concept and song XD

I love the mini-album...the only thing I think it's a shame is the lenght of the album (although I know it's "mini" -.-)

Pandora is really addictive and I kind of get the story in the MV. So my point of view is:

The guy opens the box and the girls are inside/geting out. In the greak mithology, Pandora box was open and all the evil came out, only leaving hope inside. So, the girls can be the "evil" coming out or the hope who remained and the man represented the present Pandora.

But that's just my opinion ^-^

Edited by Mirytie

MuBank performance is on repeat hahahhaa I love their performance, it's just amazing especially the more I watch it :D Their live performances of the song makes me love it more. The girls have come so far and the improvement in their singing is just great and the showmanship just amazing :thumbup: And I'm just so happy that the girls didn't have to change the choreo and outfit.

that amazing, I think it hit more than Step video did. I love the music bank performance. I love the outfit is look so good. But I heard that they may have to change the choregraphy because music bank is worried that it too provocation. But I like the choregraphy the way it is. I love how they defintely brought the fierce ness out of the song. I love pandora is so addicative. I just thought the other songs was good to, just not my favorite because I thought since Pandora show KARA mature side, I thought the only songs was going to be more mature and not cutesy(just my opinion don't hurt me :confused1:

for the benefit of those who have not heard of it, dsp has rebuffed the suggestion to change pandora choreo.

"The outfits for this comeback emphasize different concept. Unless the activity or event is unusual, the choreography will remain unchanged." :thumbup1:

10161650.jpg

72382294.jpg

Edited by red4summer

Music Core stage is awesome, Pandora is just amazing, love the camera work and all those solo parts of the girls and how they merge everything is just so cool, I'm loving this stage, feels like it can be the dance version of their song hahahhaha But it's just a beautiful set and of course they didn't disappoint :D

Miss U is so cute, the stage is really cute and the outfit and the girls are just so so cute hahahha so many cute words there, but most of all, I love their vocals for this song, the harmony and Gyul shines for me everytime they perform this hahaha the flair when she does her part, love it :D Hara's singing skills can be clearly heard and so proud of her and she is more confident in singing now so it's really good. Then they do aegyo to each other and it's just so so adorable :D

I'm very proud of our girls, they have come a long way and I'm spazzing so much from these 3 performances I've seen, they are all on repeat, great comeback and I'm sure it will only get better :D

And I'm just so happy that the girls didn't have to change the choreo and outfit.

i agree with you on this point. their outfits in the MV are so beautiful that its a shame for KBS or inkigayo to got our girls to change their outfit.

The last 2 comeback stages were sucesses. KARA and Sweeetune did a great job with vocal-arrangment in Pandora :)

Edited by pe_co

Only got to hear the full song yesterday...Contrary to some above opinions, I think its attraction isn't as good as Step's.

My expectations was really high because of the sounds played in the teaser, and don't kill me, but the full song didn't really bring me in on the first few runs as with Step. Why does DSP like to put the non-significant sounds from the melody of the songs in their teasers? Those parts of the song (especially the short melody before the song really starts) in the teaser were really good, but they made me expect those to be the significant parts of the song all the time. Happened with Step too when the teaser had the slow bridge of the song rather than the fast-paced main chorus/melody.

At first I thought Pandora sounded really generic Kpop-ish and was a little disappointed, probably because it was pretty monotonous since I haven't really recognize the melody on the first few listens. But like Step, after listening and replaying it over a few times and getting the groove of the music and recognizing the flow, it wasn't as bad as I thought, in fact I find it very addictive now, although it's growing on me at a slightly slower pace as compared to last year's Step (which grew to be my fave song eventually), but it definitely has potential to beat many of KARA's other songs and be the best song too with its mysterious and hypnotizing synth melody.

Edited by Redresonance

Today's performance in Inki is just really good, I love love the Miss U performance, they're so dorky and cute, Seungyeon is hyper lol and so much Kara love hahhahaa This is currently my favorite performance of Miss U, it's perfect, love all the girls' looks and they're so playful :D

Pandora performance is of course another exceptional performance hahaha I love seeing them perform so much, I don't think I've spazzed about their comeback like this hahahha

I think Pandora can become my 2nd favorite title track from Kara, the other one is Lupin lol I just love the production and the girls' giving their best during the performance is the highlight for me :D

About the album, as with most Kara songs, it takes me a few listen to appreciate the songs and Pandora while really good when I first listen to it, it's the live performance that made me love it. The other songs are nice when I first listen to it, I would say I was not impressed with it lol But then I think when they create mini-album producers usually give most of their attention to the title track and not so much on the other songs. But listening to it a lot, and currently Miss U is the 2nd fave in the album cos I like the musical feel to it lol

Hanteo real time chart

karahanteo1.jpg

K-Kamilias said total sales so far in Hanteo is 14,000+, it already did better than STEP (first week) last year dispite STEP is a full album and Pandora is just a mini-album

STEP: 11k

PANDORA (6 days): 14k

:thumbup:

Edited by fantomas

^

i have forgotten where (definitely outside kh) but it's similar to the teaser poster.

it (showchamp) is coming soon..

hara was injuried during recording.

(besides your bias, try spending a few moments appreciating her effort.)

54050786.jpg

21464223.jpg

83887485.jpg

Edited by red4summer